Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #1

Primetime Factory Tour

So the family just got back from a 3400 mile round trip from WI to ME in our Tracer 250 AIR. Trip went well and the 250 performed great. Since we had to travel the God awful I-90 (trucks on fire, tire blowouts and I got hit with a mud flap) the whole way we ended going through RV country in Elkhart IN. My wife and I decided to take a shot and put the Primetime address in the GPS and drive over since it was only about 10 miles off the interstate. We arrived and I proceeded to double park the TT in their headquarters lot (I thought it was funny). I went in and lied stating my 7 & 10 year old were wondering if they could see the factory. Really it was my wife and I dying to check it out. I got lucky and the Tracer product manger was actually at the desk. He was kind enough to walk us through the production facility were they were making Lacrosse. It was really interesting and he took us through the process really taking his time. He stated they average 8-14 units per week. Overall a really cool experience and great customer relations. He even took time to ask for product feedback and suggestions.

PS-Interesting fact he told us...over 80% of all RV's in the US originate from the Elkhart IN area.
sugarjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
NELA

We arrived and I proceeded to double park the TT in their headquarters lot (I thought it was funny).
Attached Images

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #3

Yeah even better was that I didn't realize they don't work Friday's and we were there Thursday around quiting time.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #4

Congrats to you and Prime Time and for setting you up with a nice welcome and tour right from the get go!!

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory