Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #11

I liked the grand design, but I LOVED the sanibel. So there is a good chance I would be in the sanibel again. I have no major complaints, the issues I have had under warentee are similar to others I know have had with other FR products as well as keystone (montana and mountaineer line) as well as others. No RV is perfect, not sure they ever have been nor do they stay perfect. Its like asking for a car or truck to never have a problem or need repair.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #12

I would but the same thing. Crusader 290 rlt. The alternative was a keystone. Glad I went with prime time

Old 04-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post
I liked the grand design, but I LOVED the sanibel. So there is a good chance I would be in the sanibel again. I have no major complaints, the issues I have had under warentee are similar to others I know have had with other FR products as well as keystone (montana and mountaineer line) as well as others. No RV is perfect, not sure they ever have been nor do they stay perfect. Its like asking for a car or truck to never have a problem or need repair.
sanibel are top of the line! I have a friend who has one and his is awsum

True they all have problems, its just what kind of problems and how there addressed. There is no Henry Ford making rv's. If there was I be first in line and Im a chevy guy. Heck the rv industry is not even in the same league as the auto industry when it comes to quality
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #14

Yes, and it took a Sanibel to get me out of a 2001 Monaco (my first ever RV) so I was a bit spoiled in my tastes. I liked the Montana as well, but higher price and no single floorplan I could say was what I wanted. The Grand Design was close as it looked high end, but finish/product was just a step lower then Sanibel.

I have also tested it down to 9F with a windchill of -10 the first weekend of January when my truck had an issue heading to FL for 2 weeks. With the fireplace going and a small 900 watt heater set to 68 in the front closet, the heat still cycled and I stayed nice and toasty warm. Propane usage was reasonable as well.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #15
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Thumbs up

I have the 290RLT and we love the thing........but I would now buy the 294RLT.........about the same size but they made a couple of changes that I suggested.......mainly the buffet/TV section at an angle to give the dinette more room. Service has been great, but having said that, problems have been minimal..........Propane regulator kaput, the rear jack electrical switch getting water in it and corroding(not working), a couple of slide-out bubble seals sliding down vertically when slide is out......like I said......minimal! Wish my 2011 unit was wired for a 2nd AC. Gonna put one in and wire it myself next month before my two month trip out west(from Atlanta) in June and July.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #16

Your 290 should be ore wired. Mine is a 2014 and it is required for the second ac. Also the fireplace and tv is angled. The 294 is nice though. Love the extra foot and recliners that don't have to move. Not a big fan if the island.

Happy travels
Old 04-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I just purchased a 2014 Primetime Crusader. This will be our second Primetime Crusader. The first was a 2012 320 RLT the new coach is a 2014 RES. I have to say our first coach had very few problems, not enough to mention here. Fit and finish is excellent on both units. Like any other unit the selling dealer plays a big roll when it comes to customer satisfaction,so I have to say I'm very satisfied all the way around.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #18

We are starting our fourth season with our 290 RLT and have been very happy. We have had minimal problems with it. Like others have said you get a lot for your money with prime time and the customer service is great. My only complaint is that every year they keep adding more features and making them better! The next 5er we get will be geared more for retirement/semi fulltime. Sanibel, Montana, Big Horn etc.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2013 F350 Lariat Crew Cab DRW 6.7L Diesel
RossandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #19

I would have gotten the touring edition. Didn't know they existed when I bought ours.

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:17 PM   #20

Primetime owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
Good question....although I still love our Crusader I would like to check out a Grand Design Reflection 5er for comparison

Same here!! We love our Crusader & the slide wear has been our ONLY issue, which is rare in RVs. The Grand Design products are so beautiful on the interior! They really don't compare to anything else in that category. I'd be nervous purchasing one though, before they work out all the kinks of a new product line.