Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Proud owners of the 2012 Tracer Touring Ed

Hello Fellow PT Owners,

We went to the Boat & RV Show and decided on the 3150BHD Tracer Touring Edition. We really like the floor plan and the outside kitchen. We opted to get the 5 Yr protection package on the exterior. So no waxing etc? Not certain, but in addition, I was also looking to purchase an Adco Tyvek RV cover.

With the TT sitting in the sun and getting snowed on; reading about seals expanding and contracting with the freeze thaw cycles etc. I thought a cover might be worth the protection while it sits exposed to the elements 6 months out of the year.
Has anyone purchased one of these Adco Tyvek covers?
Was there a cheaper time or place to purchase this?
How long have you had experiance with this cover?

Please share your thoughts or experiance on covers and the exterior coatings that dealers apply to the TT exterior.

Thanks!! joeyo
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #2

Congrats and welcome to the crew....I have been debating about the same thing. My neighbor likes his.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #3

Congrats JoeyO,
We too just visited show and bought Lacross 318BHS. I have had cover for my Surveyor and seems to do well. I am going to put one of the metal carport roofs up for Lacross to keep it out of sun and rain.
Hey padave65 I notice you have 318BHS also and pulling with Titan in the hills of PA. Have any problems in those hills? I will be pulling ours with 07 Tundra and am a little concerned about the mountains here in north Georgia.
Sir Veyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Thanks guys, the toughest part was signing for it and leaving it in their hands till April. Lots to think about, such a big item to have to walk away from.
I'm going to the February RV Show in Rosemont IL to see more of it andmaybe pick up some LED replacement bulbs for the full interior. I heard they have a great show special of lifetime guarantee on replacements...
2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote