Old 06-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #1

PT Crusaders got cheap

Having a 2013 295RST TE it seems so much more solid then the new Crusaders.

Anyone own a 2018-2019 do you have any issues, I had none with my 2013 but I am hearing floor issues on the new wet units?

Old 06-07-2018, 05:48 AM   #2

We have a 2016 Crusader and I've been to the RV show in January this year no notable differences in the construction with exception of the new white skin, new interior colors, and a few appliance upgrades other than that they are built the same. Wish PT would up their game in the construction department but it is what it is.

esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:01 PM   #3

2018 30bh

-forgot to cut register opening in master bedroom floor
-bottom of bunk bed looks like a child cut it (left very sharp edges)
-kitchen hinge pin fell out and wont stay in
-screws that hold kitchen table top onto the mount were not holding anything, person who installed them screwed to mush and now the holes are too big
-outside plug is on the same circuit as the kitchen plugs, so cant use 2 appliances at once
-kitchen drawers dont shut properly because the face of the drawers are not flat so the top hit before the bottom

I also dont like that the suspension is not adjustable foor more height like some other trailers

the best part is the North American warranty is not much of one since they prefer you take it to the dealer you bought it from, they have no control over the service departments (at least here in Ontario) and if i want to take it to the dealer that is 10 mins from my house , that dealer is going to charge me $375 admin fee and any short comings from the warranty work , I would have to cover the rest. That dealer is a crook and dishonest , not sure why since it is warranty work and get the money from Primetime. What about people that bought the unit online or by the phone in my case the purchasing dealer is 4.5 hours away. Crock of S--t
eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurojet View Post
2018 30bh

-forgot to cut register opening in master bedroom floor
-bottom of bunk bed looks like a child cut it (left very sharp edges)
-kitchen hinge pin fell out and wont stay in
-screws that hold kitchen table top onto the mount were not holding anything, person who installed them screwed to mush and now the holes are too big
-outside plug is on the same circuit as the kitchen plugs, so cant use 2 appliances at once
-kitchen drawers dont shut properly because the face of the drawers are not flat so the top hit before the bottom

I also dont like that the suspension is not adjustable foor more height like some other trailers

the best part is the North American warranty is not much of one since they prefer you take it to the dealer you bought it from, they have no control over the service departments (at least here in Ontario) and if i want to take it to the dealer that is 10 mins from my house , that dealer is going to charge me $375 admin fee and any short comings from the warranty work , I would have to cover the rest. That dealer is a crook and dishonest , not sure why since it is warranty work and get the money from Primetime. What about people that bought the unit online or by the phone in my case the purchasing dealer is 4.5 hours away. Crock of S--t
In terms of the dealers its hard to find a good one, I do agree with you on that point.

RV's it's a mixed bag our good friends are on their third Tiffen class A all custom order mind you. First two were great the last one not so much had to be sent back to Red Bay AL had pages & pages of write-ups & took a while to get sorted out seems fine now. It's the luck of the draw some are better than others that's the RV industry like it or hate it.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #5

Mines a 17. Looks basically like the same floor plan I've seen in pictures for earlier years. I looked at the 18 brochure pictures. Looks like they eliminated the cabinets over the theater seating, and put a single cabinet where there was a double next to the microwave, and eliminated the window next to the stove. Also went back to white exterior. Those were the major things we could see from the pictures. I've had no floor issues other than the usual creaks etc. Everyone needs to remember that the manufacturers are always eliminating the nickels and dimes because that improves their profit over thousands of units. Same in the car industry. You can plan on having to do repairs over the life of a unit. I've had 4 rigs new and used, and always had something that needed done before every trip. Just the way it is.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:58 AM   #6

well the second time i went camping was , just done setting up and i heard a noise that sounded like gas under pressure , so i looked and smelt around and saw nothing , went outside to turn propane off and saw large amounts of water leaking out of the trailer , tracked the noise down to under the stove, opened the pot drawer and steam came out , took things apart to find hot water spraying everywhere. A tee fitting broke , but this fitting was in the worlds hardest place to fix. hard to cut my trip short

3rd time , found out the hard way both my black tank sensors were not working
had to take 5er to dump station in the park we are staying at ,because nothing would come out and into my portable black tank , spent over an hour trying to get things to come out no luck, decided to move onto the kids black tank and this was the 2nd time i would have pulled this handle (open and closed) and the handle broke off , Ihave an enclosed underbelly so now i cant get to it to open it

had to cut that trip short also , now have lost money on campsite twice
and drive from where I was to my purchasing dealer 7 hours for emergency service , because that is cheaper then taking to a non purchasing dealing and paying there ridiculous fees

entrance door is not aligned properly so it is hard to close and open, kids have a hard time with the door latch

one of my slide support bars is rubbing on the frame (just noticed it now)

after getting a replacement hinge from pritmetime i notices that a few of my hinges dont have both screws they only used one screw to mount the hinge to the frames

Its funny My previous TT , I did not have 1 issue during the time and travels (did a 6000km trip , plus many others ) and it in no way was a expensive TT.

It is a shame that people dont take pride in there work anymore and the consumer suffers in the end
eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurojet View Post
well the second time i went camping was , just done setting up and i heard a noise that sounded like gas under pressure , so i looked and smelt around and saw nothing , went outside to turn propane off and saw large amounts of water leaking out of the trailer , tracked the noise down to under the stove, opened the pot drawer and steam came out , took things apart to find hot water spraying everywhere. A tee fitting broke , but this fitting was in the worlds hardest place to fix. hard to cut my trip short

3rd time , found out the hard way both my black tank sensors were not working
had to take 5er to dump station in the park we are staying at ,because nothing would come out and into my portable black tank , spent over an hour trying to get things to come out no luck, decided to move onto the kids black tank and this was the 2nd time i would have pulled this handle (open and closed) and the handle broke off , Ihave an enclosed underbelly so now i cant get to it to open it

had to cut that trip short also , now have lost money on campsite twice
and drive from where I was to my purchasing dealer 7 hours for emergency service , because that is cheaper then taking to a non purchasing dealing and paying there ridiculous fees

entrance door is not aligned properly so it is hard to close and open, kids have a hard time with the door latch

one of my slide support bars is rubbing on the frame (just noticed it now)

after getting a replacement hinge from pritmetime i notices that a few of my hinges dont have both screws they only used one screw to mount the hinge to the frames

Its funny My previous TT , I did not have 1 issue during the time and travels (did a 6000km trip , plus many others ) and it in no way was a expensive TT.

It is a shame that people dont take pride in there work anymore and the consumer suffers in the end
You get a good one you get a bad one it's the luck of the draw. We are on our summer "family" month trip with our 2016 Crusader this is the third camping season so far, each season something needs fixing that's the nature of RV's. Hopefully, you can get your issues resolved. My humble opinion PT Crusader's are good value for $$$ unless you want to spend a lot more but theirs still no guarantee you will get a better RV.

As I type this my neighbor at the RV park we are at has a brand new 2019 Vilano 5th wheel only the third trip & it's a hot mess the mobile RV technician has been here all day & has to return on Monday as he's waiting on lots & lots of parts. Owner spent 95K on this high-end 5th wheel built but the Tiffen family of RV's. With that said its built much better than our Crusader then again I expect that since the Crusader was only 35K & is performing admirably but not without minor issues.

In the future, I see buying a higher end unit than anything that PT offers in their line up of 5th wheels but for now, the Crusader bunkhouse RV fits the bill without breaking the bank.

Tags
crusader