Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 05:37 AM   #1

PT customer service

Tried calling Prime Time customer service about a trailer issue and after a short wait was connected with a rep. My question dealt with the plumbing arrangements, tanks and drains, for the 355BHQ. There apparently isn't a central source that the rep can go to find info, but she dug around, found diagrams of the tank layout, with furniture/appliances overplayed on one, and emailed them to me.

Her name was Sarah, hope that's spelled right, and PT is to be congratulated for hiring a helpful, courteous, and profession representative to help the customer. If all calls to companies went so smooth, the business world, RV business especially, would be in a lot better shape.

Thank you Sarah at PT.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:08 PM   #2

Never had a problem contacting and getting answers (one way or the other) from anyone at PT. Customer service second to none.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #3

Good to know. The email answer process also works. I've used that path a few times.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #4

I had a question about my two grey tanks and if they each had a drainvalve. I called, it was researched and we found out that they are plumbed together to one valve. Dealer had me crawling all over the ground, vowing there was two. PT customer care was great.
calgarycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Mine has 2 greys. 1 black. I have had extremely great customer service from Prime Time. They really have great service. Had some issues with the dacor wrap and fraying. Sent the slide protectors, dealer got them right on.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
Always Learning

I have swapped quite a few emails and just got off of the phone with Spencer on the sales side of the house. So far so good.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #7

I believe her name is Sara and I agree she does an awesome job. Very helpful
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #8

How interesting to read comments concerning PT Customer Service. Having a need to replace two of my gray water tank pull cables, I contacted Primetime Customer Service, manufacturer of my 2013 Sanibel for just information on the make, length, and manufacturer of the pull cables on my 5th wheel. They replied that I must go to the dealer for that information, for they cannot sell parts to me directly. I replied that I only needed the info in which they replied I need to get it from a dealer. This was a change from Primetime since I was able to buy parts that cost less than $50 from them and obtain information on other parts such as tanks, in the past. I am over going to the dealership, which is over 100 miles away from my home. The only time I brought it to them for repair was right after I bought it and it took them over 3 months to get the repairs almost completed. I ended up taking back the unit and finishing the repairs myself. The only time I ordered a part from the dealer was for a shade replacement that got stained from a internal roof leak. The shipping charge was more than the cost of the shade. Ripoff! Primetime had excellent customer service until they went under Forest River’s umbrella. Now their customer service went from 2nd to none to none, IMHO. In the future, I will stay clear of 1. Forest River Products, and 2. Any Manufacturer that has customer service practices like that of Forest River.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post
How interesting to read comments concerning PT Customer Service. Having a need to replace two of my gray water tank pull cables, I contacted Primetime Customer Service, manufacturer of my 2013 Sanibel for just information on the make, length, and manufacturer of the pull cables on my 5th wheel. They replied that I must go to the dealer for that information, for they cannot sell parts to me directly. I replied that I only needed the info in which they replied I need to get it from a dealer. This was a change from Primetime since I was able to buy parts that cost less than $50 from them and obtain information on other parts such as tanks, in the past. I am over going to the dealership, which is over 100 miles away from my home. The only time I brought it to them for repair was right after I bought it and it took them over 3 months to get the repairs almost completed. I ended up taking back the unit and finishing the repairs myself. The only time I ordered a part from the dealer was for a shade replacement that got stained from a internal roof leak. The shipping charge was more than the cost of the shade. Ripoff! Primetime had excellent customer service until they went under Forest River’s umbrella. Now their customer service went from 2nd to none to none, IMHO. In the future, I will stay clear of 1. Forest River Products, and 2. Any Manufacturer that has customer service practices like that of Forest River.
I only had the 2 contacts which were OK. On the flooring I would have liked the manufacturer of the sheet vinyl but couldn't get that.

About your drain valves, I have 4 on the Crusader we have and they are direct linkage, not cables. Personally I'd get under the trailer, expose the cables/linkage, measure and order what I wanted from some place other than a dealer. Amazon comes to mind. My guess is that cables are largely generic and you could save a ton of money that way. Yes it would be nice to have part numbers but with the exception of a company like Winnebago, most don't have or will give that info. Part numbers would be the company number and have no relation to the actual maker of the part numbers.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #10

Some time ago I ranted to PT on Facebook. Low and behold a week later they called me. Satisfied customer so far.
Days camped 2021: 19
Days camped 2020: 18
Days camped 2019: 17
Chief T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #11
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
Some time ago I ranted to PT on Facebook. Low and behold a week later they called me. Satisfied customer so far.
Sadly, I often have had success in taking my issues to social media- be it Facebook or Twitter. I hate that it takes getting to that point.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBlue View Post

The Valterra replacement valve and cable is the most common way to replace a broken cable or stiff valve. I have helped a friend replace 2 of his & they were readily available on the shelf in the RV store of your choice including online. they come with 72" cables which you could try to trim to length if you want but, we didn't want to mess with the factory setup. Fortunately, we were able to & had enough room to make sure the cables didn't make any sharp bends & installed them with nice easy curves.

http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-TC372...valve%2Bcable&

PT has always been under the Forest River umbrella...especially their warranty division`
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
PT has always been under the Forest River umbrella...especially their warranty division`
rracer is correct.

https://rv-pro.com/features/qa-jeff-...-manufacturing

Primetime was founded as a new FR division.
So not sure what BBBlue is referring to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
After two more emails to the same PT customer service member and no good response, I went ahead and posted my issue on PT's Facebook page and received a response which resulted in receiving 100%+ real customer service response. Apparently the customer service member I was dealing with initially misunderstood my issue. I don't understand why, since I sent her my information a number of times. Nevertheless, I am complete again convinced that Primetime will respond to the customer's need and again a satisfied customer. Thanks Tawna Plank, Parts Leader Primetime Manufacturing.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #15

Actually, that is pretty sad if you have to go to their Facebook page to get good service.... You should get the same good service through any of their contact points. (Just thinking out loud as I don't own a prime time product and I don't do facebook).
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:28 PM   #16
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Prime time service stepped up and took great care of me.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #17

I too was amazingly satisfied with Spartan customer service in the beginning. It was amazing. Then......my guy was re-assigned, and since then, it is an automatic no. I have legitimate issues and have been given auto generated "live with it" responses. I have a feeling that you should probably get what you can, while you can with Prime Time. The corporate mantra from Forest River has emerged. I am fortunate that my rig was close to perfect out of the gate, but any issues since are ignored. It also hurts because most of my investments follow Warren Buffets. I love the product I have for now and will fight the good fight.
sbpierce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, service