Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Question about Primetime Factory Repairs

Wondering how you contact them to get any repairs done by the factory, don’t want to use the dealer they want too much and they say they are backed up for 4-6 months, tires of dealers need something fixed and figure I would rather have them fix it the right way.

Anyone know who you contact and how good they are with repairs?
Old 12-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Wondering how you contact them to get any repairs done by the factory, don’t want to use the dealer they want too much and they say they are backed up for 4-6 months, tires of dealers need something fixed and figure I would rather have them fix it the right way.

Anyone know who you contact and how good they are with repairs?

I don't think PT does after the sale work. They even sub-contract out warranty work if you arrange it through them. They have several private RV repair facilities that they use. In our case, it has been Recreational Specialties located right next to PT's HQ's. Contact Ron Green at (574) 264-9621 or (574) 862-4893. We've used them twice for both warranty work and some heavy brake work. He does excellent work and treats you right.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I don't think PT does after the sale work. They even sub-contract out warranty work if you arrange it through them. They have several private RV repair facilities that they use. In our case, it has been Recreational Specialties located right next to PT's HQ's. Contact Ron Green at (574) 264-9621 or (574) 862-4893. We've used them twice for both warranty work and some heavy brake work. He does excellent work and treats you right.

Well I have the slide issue just starting under the Galley slide and want to get it correctly the right way, most dealers say they have to pull the slide out and repair it that way which adds hours of labor and I don’t trust them to fix it right
Old 12-14-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Well I have the slide issue just starting under the Galley slide and want to get it correctly the right way, most dealers say they have to pull the slide out and repair it that way which adds hours of labor and I don’t trust them to fix it right

He's had both of our slides out to repair torn seals. They have the equipment to do that right.

BTW, they find things that you didn't know were wrong & bill PT (if under warranty) or bring them to your attention if not.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #5

Where are you located?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #6

2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

I don't think this is a Prime Time Manufacturing model?

We have been to the FROG international rally twice and have had fabulous service on our Crusader. Leslie coordinated our repairs last year at the factory repair facility and wanted to be sure we were happy! Treated us like family. In a good way, lol!

Leslie Ott
Service Coordinator
Prime Time Manufacturing
(574)862-2473

Ford F150 5.4L B&W Companion Hitch
updated to Andersen Aluminum Ultimate Hitch 2017
drelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelec View Post
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

I don't think this is a Prime Time Manufacturing model?

We have been to the FROG international rally twice and have had fabulous service on our Crusader. Leslie coordinated our repairs last year at the factory repair facility and wanted to be sure we were happy! Treated us like family. In a good way, lol!

Leslie Ott
Service Coordinator
Prime Time Manufacturing
(574)862-2473

I think I remember he got a new PT, just hasn't changed his signature yet.

Leslie IS good people! She took care of us this past summer when we needed some work done.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #8

2016 Sanibel QB: Cabinet door fell off,floor cracked over furnace, holding tank sensors not operational, tank heaters not operational, hatches not closing right, bedroom slide not closing all the way,front cap fading and we paid for the protective coating, thermostat needed to be replaced, hot water heater module stopped working, dinette floor rotten and part of the underbelly had to be replaced. This happened because of the way it was built.
The dealer repair work was terrible. Cut the underbelly and gorilla taped it back together. Tape failed underbelly came down coming back from vacation. Floor replaced in dinette, only partially. Two different thickness of wood, replaced about4 ft. Bedroom slide won't completely close, again.
I took the trailer to a different location. Same dealership name, but it has the capability to fix it right. I just got a call last week. All the slide floors need to be replaced, all rotten, even the one the other place supposedly fixed.
We bought the trailer in March 2016. The dealership, so far they have had it for 8 months. We pay for a seasonal site, lost 3/4 of last season. 4 grand down the tube.
I have called 3 numbers at Primetime. We want a new trailer. Called Forest River. My warranty is up in March. They don't want to give me an extended warrant.
Upset to say the least. Cedar Creek bent over backwards to help, even when the trailer was a year out of warranty. Should have kept it.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 AM   #9

Quote:
I just had my Crusader worked on this past September. Prime Time did the warranty work with the floor in front of the kitchen slide. Recreational Specialties did the other work, and I must say their work was exceptional.

I made the 3 hour one way trip to Recreational Specialties to get the work done because I would NEVER take my RV to the dealership I bought from.

If your RV is out of warranty, do yourself a favor and phone Recreational Specialties. You won't be disappointed.

Fred n Wilma
2017 Ford F-150 EcoBoost
2015 Crusader 295RST
Fred H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post
I just had my Crusader worked on this past September. Prime Time did the warranty work with the floor in front of the kitchen slide. Recreational Specialties did the other work, and I must say their work was exceptional.

I made the 3 hour one way trip to Recreational Specialties to get the work done because I would NEVER take my RV to the dealership I bought from.

If your RV is out of warranty, do yourself a favor and phone Recreational Specialties. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks Fred, Unfortunately we live in NJ. Alpinhaus in Port Jervis, NY is like a mom and pop place. Now the trailer is up in Amsterdam, NY. It's still Alpinhaus, but it has the capabilities to fix everything. It's huge. 2 1/2 hours away from me. Port Jervis was 45 minutes. All the slide floors are rotten. I talked to Primetime. They won't give us a new trailer, but they admitted it's an on going thing with the slides. Just waiting for the warranty approval.

Bob
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #11

Quote:
I think I remember he got a new PT, just hasn't changed his signature yet.

Leslie IS good people! She took care of us this past summer when we needed some work done.

2015 Roo 23ikss was our old unit, we have a 2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition now

Trying to see how I can get PT to fix the slides if not cost to do it right don’t want issues
Old 01-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
2016 Sanibel QB: Cabinet door fell off,floor cracked over furnace, holding tank sensors not operational, tank heaters not operational, hatches not closing right, bedroom slide not closing all the way,front cap fading and we paid for the protective coating, thermostat needed to be replaced, hot water heater module stopped working, dinette floor rotten and part of the underbelly had to be replaced. This happened because of the way it was built.
The dealer repair work was terrible. Cut the underbelly and gorilla taped it back together. Tape failed underbelly came down coming back from vacation. Floor replaced in dinette, only partially. Two different thickness of wood, replaced about4 ft. Bedroom slide won't completely close, again.
I took the trailer to a different location. Same dealership name, but it has the capability to fix it right. I just got a call last week. All the slide floors need to be replaced, all rotten, even the one the other place supposedly fixed.
We bought the trailer in March 2016. The dealership, so far they have had it for 8 months. We pay for a seasonal site, lost 3/4 of last season. 4 grand down the tube.
I have called 3 numbers at Primetime. We want a new trailer. Called Forest River. My warranty is up in March. They don't want to give me an extended warrant.
Upset to say the least. Cedar Creek bent over backwards to help, even when the trailer was a year out of warranty. Should have kept it.

It is a shame they do this and leave the consumer stuck, especially with the RV market so hot they are pumping units out so fast and quality has really suffered. If the market for RV’s cools down I bet customer service will improve. I have had 3 FR products and the fact that they all had issues...
Old 01-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #13

Anyone have any idea how much it costs to replace the seals on all 3 slides on a Crusader 295? Some don’t look right and I want to replace all of them. I am trying to see if PT will do that as well as under the slides during the Frog Rally in August 2018

Tags
factory, repair, repairs