Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #1

question for rv guy

my question for rv guy is we bought a 292bhs lacrosse just wondering why isnt there night shades in the bunk areas instead of thoses noisy tin blindes they have. every time kids move in bed there pillow or hands are hitting and all you here is rattle rattle.we love the trailer and thats the only complaint so far thanks.
dirttrackcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #2

I am constantly amazed at the things manufacturers choose to cut corners on during construction. Our last 5th wheel had day night shades, the new one has night shades only. I suppose the dark tinted glass is suppose to take the place of the day shades, but I would like to have both.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #3

Ok I got one too.......Our Little Scottie Puppy ate a couple of the button covers on the dinette over the weekend........... I know I know........He's just a puppy....Can I order replacements?
imabmwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabmwnut View Post
Ok I got one too.......Our Little Scottie Puppy ate a couple of the button covers on the dinette over the weekend........... I know I know........He's just a puppy....Can I order replacements?

I'm sure you could. If not, just wait a day or two ..............
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I'm sure you could. If not, just wait a day or two ..............
Oh man that's bad.......funny.......but bad.

Hey guys go here Prime Time Manufacturing, Manufacturers of travel trailers and fifth wheels to ask your questions. You'll probably get a quicker response.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #6

Good advice Gary.
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #7

You can't please everyone. PapaSmurf, I am constantly amazed at the ways consumers expect to be pleased yet want a lower bottom line when signing. There are several companies out there that will build to suit if that's what you're really after.

The ability to allow little, some, or all light in would be nice IMO. Can't the kids lay the other direction?

I bet you could call PT up and order ones that you'd prefer.
mister_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #8

I don't now if you read my post write mister d we love the trailer just a little confused that the windows you are closest to are blinds and not night shades not for the dark but for the noise do you think that if they turned around that there feet would hit less I don't think so.
dirttrackcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Greetings - no great answer to your question. As a manufacturer you are always trying to provide the most VALUE with your product. Yes, shades cost more. In a vacuum this one particular item wouldn't affect the final cost much and might improve your particular ownership experience greatly. However, if we added all of the things that "would be better" to our units, we'd have a way better unit but might not actually offer a better value due to the increased price.

We listen to feedback like this and frequently make changes based on the feedback. Thanks for taking the time to comment and sorry if I sound like a politician - don't mean to.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote