Old 05-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
Quick review on FlexHose

Hey,

I just tried out the Flex Hose (the green one) and connected it to the city water intake. I was very pleased that it responded well and did not bulge under pressure, kink, or seem frail in the case of it being on the ground and stepping on it. It has plastic connections but they seem decent enough that they wouldn't crack if dropped or cranked on with some pliers to the faucet. I also have a whole house filter just before the city water connection to my TT and a drinking filter at the kitchen sink, so there was no issue with taste. I think its a keeper! Less weight was my biggest satisfaction, I have two 25' FlexHoses and now I am going to buy a third for sewer line rinsing. More space, less weight, previously I carried standard hoses, two 25' and one 50' (for Fresh & Sewer), glad to rid the weight & happy for the overall space savings.

Thanks, Joe

2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2018 Highland Ridge 275 Light
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
Engineer of Crazy Train

Is it made from food grade and food safe material?

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Hey,

I just tried out the Flex Hose (the green one) and connected it to the city water intake. I was very pleased that it responded well and did not bulge under pressure, kink, or seem frail in the case of it being on the ground and stepping on it. It has plastic connections but they seem decent enough that they wouldn't crack if dropped or cranked on with some pliers to the faucet. I also have a whole house filter just before the city water connection to my TT and a drinking filter at the kitchen sink, so there was no issue with taste. I think its a keeper! Less weight was my biggest satisfaction, I have two 25' FlexHoses and now I am going to buy a third for sewer line rinsing. More space, less weight, previously I carried standard hoses, two 25' and one 50' (for Fresh & Sewer), glad to rid the weight & happy for the overall space savings.

Thanks, Joe
i was going to buy one of the hoses to use at the camper.after reading all the bad reviews on this product,i decided not to buy one. seems they all have about the same problems,ends coming off or leaking. and this was just after a short time of use.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

I'm considering the XHose *Pro* version- it has metal ends and a thicker diameter for my black tank flushes.

It's not food safe, so my fresh water won't go through it. I'll keep my white hoses around for that.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #5

Here is a recent review I posted on Amazon, re the flex hoses.

I purchased two of these Flex-Able hoses, not to be confused with other brands with very similar names and both hoses have now failed. Both burst the inner tubing. I tried to contact Customer Support for Flex-Able Hose but there is no contact information on their website. I spent some time and trickery by going to the ORDER line and then getting a C/S rep on the line. The warranty on this model hose is only 30 days, so they would do nothing for me.

The quality of the inner hose tubing is terrible and if examined closely, you can see serious flaws in the material. I am surprised the hose did not fail instantly.

My first hose failed within minutes of its first use. (I had purchased the hose at the beginning of last winter and did not fully use it until this spring (past the 30 day warranty)

The second hose failed on the first use.

AS the item was new but out of warranty, I cut open the hose and found I could cut off the part of the hose that had failed and re-attach the hose end. Makes a shorter hose but this worked fine. However, the inner hose failed again just minutes later, at a point about 6 inches from the point of the original failure.

I fixed the 2nd hose in a similar manner and it is still working after several weeks of regular use but I NEVER leave the hose turned on when not actually using it, like laying the hose down while washing the truck between washing and rinsing. (I have my fingers crossed)

I bought one of the hoses to use in our RV which would have been terrific, had the hoses not failed. Now with the failures, I can not take a chance on using it in or around my RV. What a shame!

Most likely, you will not receive any usable service from this Flex-Able Hose brand product.

Let me add, however, I love the concept and feel someone will eventually make a reliable product.

I believe the X-hose Pro is on the right track but the cost is just too high for a product with so many issues.
BBDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote