Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #1
Toy-aholic

Quick tip for Crusader 335BHS club

Quick tip:I found out the hard way....the metel strap/mount that attaches the bottom of the curtains in the "hallway" & master bdrm stick out enough that it is easy to catch on clothing and rip off the wall. I pushed the alum. straps as flat against the wall as I could and it has helped so far. One mount did tear out of the wall (thin luan wood) so I had to reinforce with a small metal plate. This one showed signs of being reattached once before...our unit was bought at a local show so it probably had 15000000000 people through it.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #2

Ours in the bedroom did the very same thing. My solution, take them off completely and let the curtains just hang naturally. Problem solved..
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Toy-aholic

that's what I will do if it continues
Old 05-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #4

did the same thing last night hit my let second trip up stairs so I just flatten them against the wall. Also my gripe cant turn the vents in different directions, and has anyone had a problem with the sat connections not working in all the rooms
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
Toy-aholic

mine turn fine....you sure they're not stuck?
Old 05-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #6

The vents can be quite stiff and might give you the impression that they do not turn. They will though, with a little effort.
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #7

ok I thought they did but I was scared I was going to break it,
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #8

just ran rg6 for satellite in bedroom and storage compartment. pulled out fireplace and found that they had cut out the wall was a really bad job to. but it was handy to run new wire, with splitter in side the wall. Installed tv in storage area now just need to find a mount and tv for bedroom that doesn't stick out to far. Not much room to get bye.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #9

Just took our 335BHS out for it's first trip - had the same problem with the clips in both the hallway and the bedroom. Removed one of the bedroom clips when it hooked onto my shorts, ripped that one right out of the wall. I decided to use a screwdriver to remove the other bedroom one... I crushed the two clips on the hallway curtains flat to the wall. Otherwise the shakedown trip went well, no real issues except the "LEGEND" tv decided to turn itself off and back on a few times while my son and I were trying to watch the Stanley Cup Finals (Go Bruins!) - pretty annoying. It was in the mid 80's, and the single A/C kept the coach at a comfortable 74 degrees. The pantry is awesome - and referring to one of my first posts when researching this coach - I DID have my fishing poles in the pantry!

I also added a twist-on waste valve (link) so I could equalize the gray tanks - we were on an electric-only site and didn't use the shower, so I wanted to have 70g of gray capacity for the sinks. Simple mod - just twist on the new waste valve (and keep it closed), then leave both gray valves open and the tanks will equalize giving a full 70g capacity. When it's time to dump, hook up the dump hose, close both gray valves, open the new valve - then dump the black tank followed by the grays. Worked like a champ!

We received a lot of compliments on the 335BHS - people loved the outdoor kitchen (except for the 'that's not camping' comment).

Cheers!
hockey dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Toy-aholic

we've changed the word "camping" to "RVing" for the same reason