Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #1

RCA RTS202 Sound Bar in Crusader

Now and then I go in my camper and the sound bar radio is on. Don't know why. Does any one else have this grimlin?
southernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #2

Mine turns on too. Figure its interference from another remote ........ wife blames it on ghosts.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
Commercial Member

FYI - can't say for sure, but we continue to find that many of our remotes work on other products. Apparently, there are not a lot of frequencies that are used for remotes and many will inadvertantly be on the same one.

That's all we could suggest to this one - sorry. Manufacturers don't seem to have any answers other than this, either. Let us know if something is discovered.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #4

In my Tracer the Jensen radio is also an alarm clock. Any chance the sound bar has an alarm feature that is turning the unit on?
Roamin Ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #5

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...der-19356.html RV guy any ideas ???
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
William

2012 Crusader 320RLT Sound Bar

I just purchased a 2012 Crusader 320RLT two weeks ago. We haven't been able to use it yet, but we've noticed the same problem. The radio on the sound bar turns on by itself. If its another remote, then its one external to my household. Its been parked underneath an awning since its maidne trip from the dealership. If anyone finds a solution, please post.
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #7

I'm calling Ghost Hunters...think all the Crusaders are haunted.. lol..
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
Mine turns on too. Figure its interference from another remote ........ wife blames it on ghosts.
Now I'm going to have to try to turn on someone else's radio when i'm camping. This could be a lot of fun...at least for me! LOL. You know...turn it on. Then when they get to the radio to turn it off, I'll turn it off. Then when they walk away, I'll turn it on. Etc. Etc. Yes, I'm devious.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #9

My 2011 290RLT does the samething when its cold outside (below 32 degrees) must have been made for a southern campground

2011 Crusader 290RLT
2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0
Nights camped in '11 - 35
62car9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #10
Commercial Member

PT Crew - we still do not have any answers for this occurrence. The equipment does not have an Alarm function and the only explanation we can get from the supplier again goes back to interference from other appliance remotes. Sorry we can't help more on this one.

PTM
Old 02-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Guy View Post
PT Crew - we still do not have any answers for this occurrence. The equipment does not have an Alarm function and the only explanation we can get from the supplier again goes back to interference from other appliance remotes. Sorry we can't help more on this one.

PTM

RV Guy - Does the PT factory have any units in the buildings or out in the lot that have the battery installed? I know dealers usually install them. If so, maybe a periodic check to see if the unit has turned itself on. If not, then it must be, as you said, interference from in or around PT Crew members homes such as, other appliance remotes, WiFi signals, cell phone signals or even the garage door remote. Just a few thoughts thrown out there.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
Now and then I go in my camper and the sound bar radio is on. Don't know why. Does any one else have this grimlin?
I have a 270ret Crusader......I keep my sound bar unplugged until I use it. I have had it go on several times???? Electronics....they will make you crazy...
Old 02-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Commercial Member

rracer - do you mean a battery in the Soundbar or the remote?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #14

Quote:
rracer - do you mean a battery in the Soundbar or the remote?
I think he what he means, is to power up the rv and see if one comes on by its self at the factory. Or you can plug one in your office, and see if it comes on through out the day? I am convinced its interference.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Aha - well the units are powered all the way thru production and our PDI process and nobody here is aware of the issue. Lots of units will sit in the factory overnight during various stages of production with power. We will continue to have it on our radar but I'm without answer so far.

I'm ready to blame it on the afforementioned Gremlins!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Aha - well the units are powered all the way thru production and our PDI process and nobody here is aware of the issue. Lots of units will sit in the factory overnight during various stages of production with power. We will continue to have it on our radar but I'm without answer so far.

I'm ready to blame it on the afforementioned Gremlins!
RV Guy.....Brandon York gave us a tour of the factory last summer. Well worth the time, wife and I injoyed it. Good man that Brandon york !!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #17

RCA Sound Bar

We have talked to several owners of this product and on seems to have an answer..Let me tell you what I did, don't know why this works but, lets give it a try.
My unit was on, like everyday when the AC Power is connected. Well, on Tuesday when I went out to turn the unit off, I located a lug on in the compartment of the left hand side of the unit, that's standing and looking towards the Entertainment Center...look inside the compartment just of the pair of doors on that side and you will see a plug...pull it out and let it stay out for a few minutes...so far the unit has not come back on by itself..Today is Thursday, I will check again in a few minutes, but so far nothing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsky View Post
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #18

Ok, I just brought my Crusader 298BHD home and have the same problem. The sound bar has been on every day except today. Today was warmer. Just wanted to know if LKicklight's remedy is still working.
rstanionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #19

AC Power

With AC power on the coach, try pulling the plug where the sound bar plugs in..then wait a few seconds and stick the plug back in....leave the AC Power hooked up and wait til the next morning and see what happens. I have had to do mine a couple of times....there is still a bug somewhere and I have actually talked to the supplier, they too are at a loss...I usually select AUX...leave it there, and if it does come on, no one can hear it..
LKicklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstanionis View Post
Ok, I just brought my Crusader 298BHD home and have the same problem. The sound bar has been on every day except today. Today was warmer. Just wanted to know if LKicklight's remedy is still working.
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #20

Went out early this morning and used remote to unlock my Chevy truck. Started airing up utility trailer tires and heard music from my 320rlt. I feel pretty sure the RCA sound bar came on when I used the door remote.
Dhudglr is offline   Reply With Quote