Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 56
We ended up finding a cross member to the rear of the jacks about 14" we then raised each and found our shortest, then we guestamated our furthers since we couldn't fully lower the jacks to find our our furthest measurement and we found a sweet spot at 18" inward of the outside frame rail.... now is that the best spot? Who knows, all I know it took out a substantial amount of the shake and we should be good for the years to come. I know I still have to relocate the batery box but that a project for future me to face as we will on a seasonal site for the remainder of this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433719391502.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	79358   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433719400638.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	79359   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433719410510.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	79360   Click image for larger version

Name:	1433719434450.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	79361  
__________________

__________________
OnyxSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:54 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
I put the rear arms to the center at first (pic) and it didn't have enough clearance to the weak cross member.

Thank you. No need for me to figure out what you have already done.

I just have to wait for the Big Brown Truck (UPS) to deliver them so I can get started
__________________

__________________
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in NC View Post
Thank you. No need for me to figure out what you have already done.

I just have to wait for the Big Brown Truck (UPS) to deliver them so I can get started
Good luck and have fun.
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 71
DONE... What a big difference. I wish I had done this earlier.
Now I am ready to go somewhere!!!
__________________
Jeff in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Here are a few pics from my Wildcat. I put the rear arms to the center at first (pic) and it didn't have enough clearance to the weak cross member. So aimed them forward attached to the frame. I attached the front arms to predrilled holes on the floor of the front cabinet. Then I cut a inch off the floor behind the battery box and slide it back so the front arms would clear it. I them trimmed an inch or two off the spare tire mount again for the arm clearance. The third mod is to move the spare tire winch back 3" so you can carry your up front. Have fun.

Elind. I am planning on mounting my rear the same as yours. I have the same telesoping rear jacks. Could you tell me how far forwards from the jack you mounted the strong arm?
__________________
2015 Chaparral 360IBL 50th anniversary edition.
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
Elind. I am planning on mounting my rear the same as yours. I have the same telesoping rear jacks. Could you tell me how far forwards from the jack you mounted the strong arm?

I think I attached the arm to the rear stab pad with it in the raised position. Then I locked the arm with the T handle to have a few inches extended out. Installed the mounting bracket to the other end and swung it up to the frame to mark the holes for drilling. It's about 30" from the center of the stabilizer to the center of mount hole.
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
I think I attached the arm to the rear stab pad with it in the raised position. Then I locked the arm with the T handle to have a few inches extended out. Installed the mounting bracket to the other end and swung it up to the frame to mark the holes for drilling. It's about 30" from the center of the stabilizer to the center of mount hole.
After the arm is attached. Will your rear telescoping jack go up ask the way. In your pic yours looks the same as mine. But I dont think mine will go up all the way with the arm installed.
__________________
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
After the arm is attached. Will your rear telescoping jack go up ask the way. In your pic yours looks the same as mine. But I dont think mine will go up all the way with the arm installed.
At 30" from the stab center to the front mount on the arm the electric stabilizer comes all the up on my Wildcat. When I put the arms toward the center the stabilizer didn't come all the way up without an adapter kit. Lippert also says you need a 3X3 angle iron cross member to hold the two arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0469.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	80209  
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 44
I installed mine as you have described. Towards the front. 30". Away from center of stabilizer. It will up almost all the way. Maybe 1/2 shy. I may put my own bracket in to drop the pad a touch. Otherwise fit perfectly. I cannot believe how much of a difference. For me as per instruction. I levelled trailer. Dropped the front 1". Put rears down and locked in place. Picked up front 1". Locked in place. Bumped up. Is that how you have been doing yours. Any other suggestions.
__________________
2015 Chaparral 360IBL 50th anniversary edition.
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:29 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
I installed mine as you have described. Towards the front. 30". Away from center of stabilizer. It will up almost all the way. Maybe 1/2 shy. I may put my own bracket in to drop the pad a touch. Otherwise fit perfectly. I cannot believe how much of a difference. For me as per instruction. I levelled trailer. Dropped the front 1". Put rears down and locked in place. Picked up front 1". Locked in place. Bumped up. Is that how you have been doing yours. Any other suggestions.
I do the same!!! If you want a little more put jack stands near the axles to take the center bounce from the long frame.
__________________

__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.