Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 09:15 PM   #1

Rear Ladder

We are considering buying a 2018 LaCrosse 3370MB because the floor plan seems perfect for us but noticed that no pictures of units for sale have a rear ladder installed? Is it even possible that a "luxury" travel trailer doesn't offer a rear ladder?
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
We are considering buying a 2018 LaCrosse 3370MB because the floor plan seems perfect for us but noticed that no pictures of units for sale have a rear ladder installed? Is it even possible that a "luxury" travel trailer doesn't offer a rear ladder?
General rv has pics w/o rear ladder. So I guess it is possible.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #3

Yes, thats my point. Why in the world would they not offer a rear ladder? It doesn't appear that ANY have a rear ladder on any of the pics I have seen. Odd. There are no slide topper either so how are we supposed to sweep off the slide before retracting.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 PM   #4
Site Team

I would prefer to have a ladder myself. You could have slide toppers worked into the sale.
Most of the time I use a step ladder , leaf blower and broom.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #5

When we looked at a 330 Lacrosse the salesman said no rear ladder due to the rear window.
Windjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windjammin View Post
When we looked at a 330 Lacrosse the salesman said no rear ladder due to the rear window.
Odd, the 330 has what looks like the same rear window as my Lacrosse 323rst that has a rear ladder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160530_094816.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	446.8 KB
ID:	162793

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Just looked online at general rv. Have not found a new Lacrosse with a rear ladder, at least not yet. Have to wonder why??

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-19-2018, 09:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes, thats my point. Why in the world would they not offer a rear ladder? It doesn't appear that ANY have a rear ladder on any of the pics I have seen. Odd. There are no slide topper either so how are we supposed to sweep off the slide before retracting.

Slide toppers are generally an option - not factory installed

Not everyone wants them but we would not be without them on our Crusader
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Just looked online at general rv. Have not found a new Lacrosse with a rear ladder, at least not yet. Have to wonder why??
"Platokidd", how has your experience been with your lacrosse? Never really considered this line but they have a layout that really looks like it would work for us and they are one of few that offer a small residential fridge which is much larger than the common RV fridge found in many as well as a convection microwave. Is the fit and finish quality for the lacrosse?
Old 02-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
"Platokidd", how has your experience been with your lacrosse? Never really considered this line but they have a layout that really looks like it would work for us and they are one of few that offer a small residential fridge which is much larger than the common RV fridge found in many as well as a convection microwave. Is the fit and finish quality for the lacrosse?
Since you your own thread..

Purchase my 2014 Lacrosse in May of 2013. (5 years) Just so you have some background.
I am anal about my toys when it comes to quality or lack of it.
And such, I give the RV industry as a whole a very low grade on quality.

I do think my Lacrosse compared to what is on the market then in 2013 and today is a cut above the rest in quality.

The first year as with most rv's you have to work out the bugs and kinks.
My Lacrosse spent much of its first season at the dealer for warranty work.

Here's what I remember of its first season.

1-Slide wear on bottom of slide. This was on of the hardest issues to get resolved and way too many trips to dealer and calls with prime time.
2-Microwave fell out of cabinet while towing. There was no support for the feet of the microwave, the face plate held it in the cabinet. -
3-cabinet door cracked and replaced.
4-small hairline cracks in fiberglass repaired-2 weeks at body shop
5-Upper fridge vent had no water ledge- leaked puddles of water in on floor / fixed.
6-main screen door not installed correctly. no biggie dealer tech was poor.
7-Front left and rear right corners of unit separated and had to be repaired.
This was from towing flex imo. Major re-seal of corners.

-Last summer the fridge cooling unit crapped out. I would be hard pressed to buy any unit with an rv fridge in the slide out. Prime Time did a poor install of fridge. This is a double wide rv fridge in the slide -out. Getting enough air flow over the cooling fins is a pain in the butt. Poorly insulated and vented a real bad design. Mods done to help the fridge, to be continued...

Cap fade - common problem with a lot of units today., starting to look like hell. No help from PT out of warranty.
Im sure there is more but I have CRS some days.

Now, all that said. We do love our Lacrosse and like I said, We do think the Lacrosse is better than most TT on the market. We went to the rv show last weekend and I can still say that.

So in short- based on the lack of quality in the rv industry curve, our lacrosse is a good unit.

I can say the folks at Prime Time have been very good to us!!! Always helping us thru the issues along the way, top notch!!

Good luck and happy shopping.
Be sure to post pics of whatever you buy.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #11

We have a 2015 Lacross 311 and we have loved it. Has large back window and a ladder. Some warranty work in the 1st year, bathroom door bowed, tv crapped out, rear stabilizer motor pin shear.. Some other small stuff. No problems since. Overall well built compared to newer units and if you don't mind the sawdust that still shows up every trip..... best unit we have owned.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:30 PM   #12

Funny about the sawdust. So true and shows such a lack of caring by the construction crews. Is it really that hard to clean it up before you burry it under the next step in production. For me it shows up by the stairs every trip.

Can you imagine an industry where the supervisor says yep all good as long as you cover up your your trash, your good to move on to the next step in production.

Why do we even have the conversation if it is well built
rscconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #13

Just bought a 335bht and had to have a ladder special made from Forest River for my Lacrosse to the spacing of braces on rear of trailer...5 weeks ago and still no ladder yet but was told net week it will be here
jpcampisano is offline   Reply With Quote