Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

Received A quote at detroit rv show on lacrosse

The wife and I are thinking about ordering a 2016 lacrosse 324rst. The price that we were quoted was $37500 out the door. This also includes 4 MAXXIS tires and 3 slide toppers. To lacrosse owners does this look like a good deal or is it to high? I'm thinking about counter offering $35000. Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Joel
S.E. MICHIGAN
jmiller72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Site Team

MAXXIS tires are standard on the Lacrosse. The 3 toppers could add a couple of grand depending on color. White being the cheapest.
I have a 2014 lacrosse 323rst. Your thinking is more then reasonable (35k)
We looked long and hard at tt before we purchased.
The Lacrosse is top of the line in a tt imo! We love ours.
look over the prime time section of the forum.

Oh ,, welcome to the forum

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #3

Maxxis tires are not on the lacrosse. We have looked at a lot in the last 3 weeks.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:32 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller72 View Post
Maxxis tires are not on the lacrosse. We have looked at a lot in the last 3 weeks.
Oh , okay. When I was looking they all had them.
What are they putting on them now days?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #5

I think Wildcat is offering Maxxis ....they have quite a few new things / improvements this year
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #6

Thanks everybody for the replies. Anybody else have a recent experience.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:06 AM   #7

If you are dealing with General RV good luck they would not budge on their sticker price then wanted me to pay another 2k for dealer prep and "fees" and refused to take my trade(older pup but flawless condition). they are total clowns was set on PT but a Jayco dealer offered me a good deal on an almost identical floorplan so I settled for one of them. I still like the PT better it was a dealer issue for me not the brand. I wish General RV was not the only PT dealer in my area.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #8

I agree....
Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM   #9

I negotiated for over two months with General ( in Wixom) over pricing. They finally got my order but only after a lot of talking and cutting their price. I worked three other dealers in on the quotes.

Service is another story. You have to keep after them or they push you to the back of the pack. A friend of mine who owns a 303RKS Lacrosse will never deal with General again. He's had his trailer in numerous times and General's service people always give him the run around. In fact he's on his 3rd set of power stabilizers. Sad story there- also problems with toilet replacement- gas regulator- stove- furnace not a happy camper.
Good luck with your choice.

BTW, Lacrosse's are heavy trailers for their size so be sure you have enough truck to haul it with.
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #10

I have a 2014 f150 supercrew 4x4 heavy duty payload / max tow. IT's a BEAST!!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Good, your gonna need a BEAST to haul a BERTHA Lacrosse

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum!

My wife and I just completed a deal for a 2015 329bht thru General RV Mt Clemens, MI.

They were fantastic to deal with! There was some tough negotiations but we came to a deal that worked for both of us and our trade-in

I heard some pretty nasty things about General RV but all those things were quickly forgotten. If you are shopping for a coach take the time and seek out the sales force at that location and ask to meet Mike Thrower the Sales manager.
RatherBCampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #13

Once I decided on a Sandpiper I search the net and found the lowest price then I started dealing with the local dealers that carried them I narrowed it down to 2 RV Wholesalers and TerryTown and ended up going with Terrytown just liked the sales person better. if you look at the sticker there is around 30-40 present markup
Jz5g52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkochmit1 View Post
If you are dealing with General RV good luck they would not budge on their sticker price then wanted me to pay another 2k for dealer prep and "fees" and refused to take my trade(older pup but flawless condition). they are total clowns was set on PT but a Jayco dealer offered me a good deal on an almost identical floorplan so I settled for one of them. I still like the PT better it was a dealer issue for me not the brand. I wish General RV was not the only PT dealer in my area.
Ditto -- I wish there was another PT dealer nearby. Purchasing was ok with General RV for me (Utah), but the management of the service side is very very poor. I finally lost my cool with the service manager after the fork lift driver damaged the mounts for my safety chains, the driver proactively admitted to me and the manager he did it, and then the manager argued with me that I couldn't prove "I" didn't do it therefore he shouldn't cover the $60 (retail) to replace the chains and bolts. I admit, I lost it and yelled at him and he still wanted to argue about it. After spending $38K, am I really going to try to cheat him out of $60? Don't argue with me that I can't prove I didn't do the damage (again, ignoring the fact that the employee did the upright thing and took responsibility).

General RV will send surveys out to people after service. I've sent very detailed survey responses, but no change is ever made.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #15

I think every dealer and every location will have certain people that are hard to deal with. I tried to deal with several places without any luck. General RV in Canton Ohio were great to deal with, they gave me more for my 6 month old pop-up than anyone was offering and got them way down on the new unit. I think MSRP on the new unit was $42K and we got it for $27K. I hate that I had to drive 4 hours to get a deal and I will probably have to drive that anytime that I need service because my local dealers will not work on it since I didn't buy from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:46 PM   #16

Quote:
We have a PT LaCrosse 329 which is just a little bit bigger than the 324. Had a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 CC Z71 4x4 with the 5.3 that I thought would tow if fine because it pulled and stopped my equipment trailer with a forklift (total about 13K pounds - I know that it was over the truck rating) without a lot of pain and sweat. Unfortunately this was not the case. Even with the WD hitch setup and balanced right and the friction sway bar really cranked down on, everything blew us around on the highway and the giant "parachute" in tow really worked the motor. Trying to maintain 65 on the freeway so I would not get run over yielded 6 to 8 mpg and a lot of white knuckle time keeping the truck in its own lane while the 18 wheelers would pass. It was not a good time or relaxing.

Ended up trading in on a 2014 Cummins Ram 2500 CC 4x4 and it was like night and day towing. With the same hitch and sway bar combo (and the trailer even running nose high because I need to get a bigger drop shank) the trailer easily stayed in its own lane and towing became relaxing. We have about 1500 camping miles on the combo now and there is no way that I would go back to the old rig. On one 75 mile run it was raining when I hooked up and did not even put on the spring bars or sway bar and it still did ok at 55 on the back roads. JMiller, I would think about either a smaller trailer or a bigger truck and not make the same mistake that I did.
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #17

Man that thing is a lead weight

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1429106031.111504.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	74305

I like the water dock and the slam latches but after looking at these I decided to go hybrid with Rockwood Roo but very nice trailers

2014 Ford F-150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB 3.5

2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
lacrosse, show