Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Rustymax,

If you are planning at staying at any of the State Parks in the Finger Lakes Region of New York State, this summer or on weekend, I would suggest that you make reservation on line in the very near future. The State Parks are very popular and can fill up, especially if you want certain features. If you go to the New York State Parks Camping Website, you can make reservations there. Also for the past two years, there has been a "service fee" of $5 per night for non-New York residences who camp at the Parks.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #22

Rustymax - I live about 18=20 miles from Rush NY -I suggest, as did someone from Hilton NY, the KOA in Canandaigua Ny
Y, which is not far off RT 96 and a short distance from RT's 5 & 20. There are 2 campgrounds near RT 14 north of Geneva -Cheerful Valley Campground & Junius Ponds Campground. Both are nice. I recommend NOT going to Paradise Park north of Watkins Glenn NY. We have visited (not always camping) all the local campgrounds and If I won't camp somewhere, I won't recommend others for go there. Enjoy the Finger Lakes while you are here & the Mts if you travel further North.
Barpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #23

I have camped at Cheerful Valley nice campground. Junius pond is beside I90 with a lot of traffic noise. Have not stayed at Sampson SP but have driven around it seem to be a nice place to stay.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #24

Location: Close to North / South Carolina border and Blue Ridge Mountains
All - - Thank you for your recommendations and CG appraisals. Unfortunately, due to the high fuel cost, we have decided to not pull the TT and make this an extended trip. We will now just drive the car to NY and stay overnight in a local hotel.

As a side bar - Many - many years ago we lived just outside of Rush NY on Middle Road. If time allows we will try to break away and dive by our first home and visit Honeoye Falls.
Rustymax is offline   Reply With Quote