Old 07-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
Refrigerator Gremlins

After two roadtrips in the past 2 weeks, I have a small refrigerator issue. The shelves in my Dometic RM1350 (4 door) refrigerator have these small wire devices that raise up and fit into little slots to help keep food and cans in place. Sometime between loading and arrival at our destination, little gremlins fold down the wire devices which allows food and drink containers to move around and eventually fall out when door is opened.

Is there some sort of "gadget" to help keep the wire retainers in place? Has anyone found a good solution for this issue? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
I use a doubled up twist ties to tie the "pivot bar" to the edge of the shelf below. That keeps it from vibrating up and out of the slots.

Untwist to put it down. When it is time to travel, put it back up and twist tie it in place.

It seems kind of crude, but it has worked great for years.

Chris and Pat
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin Dually
2017 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Site Team
I hope those Gremlins are not drinking your beer.

Odd, mine stay in place no problem on our 1350. Are you sure you have them lock in place right? There rather tight to even move down manually. Maybe try bending them a bit to be more snug.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 6 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 86 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Pretty sure the wires are going down in the corner holders all the way. I ended up using a small zip tie and securing the front wire to the one that goes front to back. It still allows the front to back wire to be adjusted left/right. We will see if this does the trick. Thanks for the replies.
OakHillFarm is offline   Reply With Quote