Old 04-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #1

Removing RCA 202 sound bar/radio

The Crusader has the RCA RTS202 sound bar/tuner and we didn't get a remote and can't find one. Yes I tried ordering from a "replacement remote" place and waited 4+ weeks for nothing to arrive. Cancelled that order. Since the DVD door is broken and we are missing the sub-woofer we are going to replace it. BUT how do you remove it? The space it goes in is pretty tight and it feels like it's bolted in. There is a fireplace below and TV above. No screws or bolts we can see. No access to the rear.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #2

If it's like mine was.
Pull the TV out a bit and there are 2 long screws just under the TV that go down into the top of the soundbar.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

I had to replace our soundbar that's located just above the fireplace. In my case, I had to remove the fireplace so I could get to the two screws that held down the soundbar. Perhaps you may need to do the same?
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:24 AM   #4

I won't be back until Friday and at time I'll see if I can find screws either on the top or bottom. I was afraid of the fireplace route. The literature that PT has online about the RCA shows a bracket that it slides on at the back. But this sound bar is solid in the compartment.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 04-17-2018, 09:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I won't be back until Friday and at time I'll see if I can find screws either on the top or bottom. I was afraid of the fireplace route. The literature that PT has online about the RCA shows a bracket that it slides on at the back. But this sound bar is solid in the compartment.
Fireplace removal is super easy it has a shroud just lift up & four screws hold it in place. Once you lift it out (not heavy) then you can get to the sound bar screws. Bring your vacuum along because once you remove the fireplace you will find tons of construction garbage.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
My Crusader has 2 screws from the top holding the sound bar in. Visible when the TV is pushed back for traveling.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #7

Home and checked it out. Nothing on top so pulled the fireplace with 4 screws. Yes somewhat dirty back there with sawdust and general 6 year old dirt/dust. Yes 2 screws from the bottom that were disguised as trim screws. At any rate it's out and I'll install the new sound system bar tomorrow. Interesting that the subwoofer was screwed to the floor to the side of the fireplace in that compartment. No grill work for sound to get out. I guess PT's idea of sound reverberation was off the fireplace. The am and fm antennas just laying back there. I'll see if I can route them better also.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 04-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #8

Yeah you’re set up is similar to mine I have the primetime crusader 296 BHS W/ fireplace and a sound bar that’s called Connexx ( piece of garbage ) however the second one is working OK . At the time mine failed I found a retailer from Indiana on eBay that was selling them used I bought one of them that was bad he exchange it for another so technically this is the third one . I would love to replace my sound bar but it’s tethered into the entire sound system of the RV including speakers with some special connector I may look into changing it one day, or if it breaks sooner than expected which is typical RV quality.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
Y . I would love to replace my sound bar but it’s tethered into the entire sound system of the RV including speakers with some special connector I may look into changing it one day, or if it breaks sooner than expected which is typical RV quality.
Girlfriend got a Soundstream H-400Di system. It's wide and short like the RCA, infact 1/2 the height. DVD is on top and it has the FM tuner, HDMI connection for the TV, USB connector for ???, AV connectors for TV, and a few things I don't know what they are. It says an AUX terminal to connect to external audio device, and MP3 link to connect to external audio device. There is a dock for a iPad etc. I'm not an electronics expert or audiophile so don't know what all it does.

It has a remote but I suppose everything does today. Haven't hooked it up but will in the next couple days to see how it works. Not sure how we'll secure it to the compartment but we'll figure out something perhaps double sided tape.

Best I can tell at this point, the other speakers including the outside ones are connected to the radio device in the bedroom. The RCA was more or less self contained. Not sure if the subwoofer will be used or not.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 04-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #10

[QUOTE=chunker21;1789560]Girlfriend got a Soundstream H-400Di system. It's wide and short like the RCA, infact 1/2 the height. DVD is on top and it has the FM tuner, HDMI connection for the TV, USB connector for ???, AV connectors for TV, and a few things I don't know what they are. It says an AUX terminal to connect to external audio device, and MP3 link to connect to external audio device. There is a dock for a iPad etc. I'm not an electronics expert or audiophile so don't know what all it does.

It has a remote but I suppose everything does today. Haven't hooked it up but will in the next couple days to see how it works. Not sure how we'll secure it to the compartment but we'll figure out something perhaps double sided tape.

FOLLOW UP; The sound stream doesn't work for this application. The controls are on top so accessing is not possible for some features. She's returning to Amazon.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 04-23-2018, 04:18 PM   #11

Yea I looked up the Soundstream & was wondering how that would work. Well, time to go shopping then & see what will work in that space.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #12

I wondered also. "Back in the day" when sound systems consisted of separate tuner amplifier, tape and or CD player, and other things, it was easy. Finding a "sound bar" with a tuner and DVD and she wants bluetooth or maybe blueray makes the search difficult. Sound bars tend to be devoid of anything but speakers. For some reason she hates Best Buy but she may have to suck it up and go in there to try to find something. Or she may chicken out and make me go.

If you run across a lead please let me know.

Along that lines there is a Legends TV in there and it sure is crappy. Unfortunately no remote with it either and trying to find something is a chore. I see it going into the guest room for guests you don't like and a real TV in it's place.

Good thing we got this trailer for such a good price.

EDIT. For you smart azz youngsters, no I didn't have an 8-track hooked up to my system but I did have a couple reel to reels. 8-track wasn't invented when I first set up my system.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 04-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I wondered also. "Back in the day" when sound systems consisted of separate tuner amplifier, tape and or CD player, and other things, it was easy. Finding a "sound bar" with a tuner and DVD and she wants bluetooth or maybe blueray makes the search difficult. Sound bars tend to be devoid of anything but speakers. For some reason she hates Best Buy but she may have to suck it up and go in there to try to find something. Or she may chicken out and make me go.

If you run across a lead please let me know.

Along that lines there is a Legends TV in there and it sure is crappy. Unfortunately no remote with it either and trying to find something is a chore. I see it going into the guest room for guests you don't like and a real TV in it's place.

Good thing we got this trailer for such a good price.

EDIT. For you smart azz youngsters, no I didn't have an 8-track hooked up to my system but I did have a couple reel to reels. 8
-track wasn't invented when I first set up my system.
I remember 8-Tracks but I was a kid.

The sound bar I have in my unit is the CONNEXX SBS32Z4 if you can locate one it may fit your needs. See few Furrion 2.1-Channel Sound Bar's for sale on eBay Furrion is used on quite a few RV's seem to be ok.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
I remember 8-Tracks but I was a kid.

The sound bar I have in my unit is the CONNEXX SBS32Z4 if you can locate one it may fit your needs. See few Furrion 2.1-Channel Sound Bar's for sale on eBay Furrion is used on quite a few RV's seem to be ok.

Ahhhh yes.....the ole 8 track mounted under the dash with all the bare wires just twisted together & hanging under the dash cause.....we just didn't know any better!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Ahhhh yes.....the ole 8 track mounted under the dash with all the bare wires just twisted together & hanging under the dash cause.....we just didn't know any better!!
But the items still worked and that's what counted. With all the computerized features, any loose connection and it's a paperweight.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB

Tags
radio