Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #1

Replacement parts haven't arrived

My 2013 Crusader 290RLT was in an accident which caused body damage in July. Camping World in Berkley, MA has had it since 7/29. Replacement parts have been on order with Prime Time and to this date have not been delivered. I have lost most of the 2016 camping season. This situation seems entirely unreasonable. They are quick to manufacture new ones to sell, but apparently are not quick to service what they have sold when servicing is needed. Very unhappy camper.
2013 Prime Crusader 5th Wheel 290RL
2006 Glendale Titanium 5th wheel 30E35TS
2015 GMC Sierra Z-71, 1500, std bed, 4 WD, 5.3, 3.42
camperdave825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #2
clr

I feel your pain here. I have had my Sanibel 5th wheel in for repair now since August 21 and am still waiting on a part to finish. What I think that I know about this is as follows: Prime time does not warehouse or stock spares so if your camper is a couple of years old parts are hard to come by. Parts are then ordered from the OEM of the part (not Prime Time). OEM parts vendors only seem to have a very limited number of parts on hand. If your part is not on hand at the time of order they schedule your part construction. Of course they do not want to make only one part at a time so they hold your order till they have some number of orders for the same part.
So the long and short of this is that out of production type parts take a long time to secure to be able to repair your RV. This model is unlike car parts where there are other vendors of the same part and the OEM's make some percentage of additional part for a model year and place them in a warehouse for later use.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #3

You may want to contact PT yourself in order to find out the status of your replacement parts........Prime Time Contact Us

Service
Nesa Wilson
Service Representative
574-862-1025
nwilson@forestriverinc.com
MAILING ADDRESS
200 SR 19 North Bld. #2
Wakarusa, IN 46573
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #4

Apology to prime time

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperdave825 View Post
My 2013 Crusader 290RLT was in an accident which caused body damage in July. Camping World in Berkley, MA has had it since 7/29. Replacement parts have been on order with Prime Time and to this date have not been delivered. I have lost most of the 2016 camping season. This situation seems entirely unreasonable. They are quick to manufacture new ones to sell, but apparently are not quick to service what they have sold when servicing is needed. Very unhappy camper.
A representative from Prime Time called to say that Camping World did not order the parts from them, but instead from a third party vendor. He had been in contact with CW and he was under the impression that CW would contact me to clear the matter up. I was under the impression that factory parts would be used in the repair and if not I would be made aware --will be interesting as to how the insurance company reacts. Waiting for my call to CW to be returned.
2013 Prime Crusader 5th Wheel 290RL
2006 Glendale Titanium 5th wheel 30E35TS
2015 GMC Sierra Z-71, 1500, std bed, 4 WD, 5.3, 3.42
camperdave825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #5

That's why I don't deal with CW. They tell you alot of B.S when repairing rv's.
Crusader 816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader 816 View Post
That's why I don't deal with CW. They tell you alot of B.S when repairing rv's.
x2, good luck dealing with CW, I would not hire them to change a light bulb.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
Dahagen

My son is an RVIA tech and he seems to be able to find parts with a phone call or two, or three. He says parts delays are almost always a repair shop problem. They don't order, don't order the right part, they lose them, they are sent to the dealers OTHER location, etc.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #8
Site Team

Yep, delayed parts delivery is nearly always the dealer's fault.
They often delay the order until they get a large enough order to save on shipping costs.
But do they tell the customer that?
Hell No! They just put the blame on the manufacturer so the customer shifts their anger away from them.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #9

We had a terrible experience with CW also.
Long story short.
Purchased a Travel Trailer from them new. It was insured with their sister company. We figured that since the companies were somewhat related communication would be great.
Not at all. Took 8 months to get repaired to a satisfactory level. It was the most frustrating insurance claim / Repair I have ever dealt with. Still waiting on call back from the claim adjusters supervisor left a message in August of 2015.
We traded the Travel Trailer on a 2016 PT 297RSK in March. Needles to said we did not purchase from them nor are we insured with them.
So far we are Very happy with our new dealer (Stoulfus in West Chester Pa. We would definitely recommend.)
I can appreciate your frustration and completely sympathize with your situation. Good Luck
mrdegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep, delayed parts delivery is nearly always the dealer's fault.
They often delay the order until they get a large enough order to save on shipping costs.
But do they tell the customer that?
Hell No! They just put the blame on the manufacturer so the customer shifts their anger away from them.
Bingo!

I work for a power tool company and we have caught our own authorized dealers in that same game. We give them one chance then pull their dealer status if repeated.

Tags
parts, replacement, vent