Old 04-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #11

I see what you are talking about, returned from a trip to find the doors opened and a little dent in our new fridge! The strap had pulled out of the buckle.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #12

So far, we've had no problems with the straps. They seem to hold the doors closed for us. But has anyone found a way to secure the food on the shelves while traveling? The fridge is too wide to use the standard tension rods like they sell at Camping World.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #13

We use anti-slip shelf liners. So far, that seems to keep items on our fridge shelves from moving around!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #14

Yup, we know about the dents. The first trip, from the dealer to an RV park about 10 miles away, I forgot to fasten the straps and we have two small dents in the doors to prove it. Anyone know how to remove dents in the doors? We tried the "heat them with a hair dryer and then spray with upside down air duster canisters" method, but that didn't work.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:50 AM   #15

Ours has bars that flip up on the racks
Old 04-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #16

Our fridge wasn't supplied with any straps
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #17
clr

I have a 2015 Sanibel 3601 with the residential frig. We love the unit but do not do dry camping. I would say if you are planning on doing any dry camping I would suggest that you pick a model that has a combination frig that will use propane. When on the road the truck powers the frig with no problem. You should make sure your TV is proving 12v to pin 7 when the key is on. Some have the required relay in the glove box along with the required fuse. The frig will last about 1 day running on the battery. IMO the single 12v battery is under size for the load and would suggest two 12v batteries or better yet two 6v batteries wired in series for 12v. The inverter works will and I have had no problems with it.

Tags
fridge, sanibel