Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 05:49 PM   #1

Roof Inspection.. nail heads and uneven plywood???

here i go again..LOL.. panic time.. just did my roof inspection(dealer did a free roof inspection last week) i noticed some spots that looked like nail heads.. could have been there all along, but is this common? you can see them popping up some.. I also notice some of the plywood seams seem unlevel.. I have had no leaking troubles.. this unlevel plywood seam on the roof is nowhere near any vents or leak points... is this another thing that im over analyzing? freaking out again...
yankeeslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #2

sorry guys, i think maybe im just going alittle overboard now..camping starts in a week and maybe im creating problems that i shouldnt... it will get better.. i will order some eternabond and put over the nail heads that i see on the roof...still not sure why some ply wood looks uneven, but if dealer did roof inspection last week, and said roof looks good then im not gonna worry about it.... taking camper up to my seasonal site next week and gonna enjoy it.. i think next winter i will find indoor storage..I NEED TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT THINGS...
Old 04-18-2015, 06:30 PM   #3

There are no nails on the roof.... do not hammer them in. They are screws.... do not screw them in. If the Dealer saw no problem when he looked at the roof, then all should be ok, until you go back to the Dealer from when you come back from your next camping trip. We feel that you may find something for the Dealer to look at from when you go camping. Have the Dealer look at the roof then and do as he says.

Remain Calm.... we are here for you.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #4

Brother LES

thanks, My camper is going on my seasonal site next friday and will stay there till October.. In October it goes back to dealers for winter storage and they will do another free roof inspection.. I am assuming whatever issue there MIGHT be, I will let it go till October..I am done worrying about this... Im cracking a beer tonight and then every weekend till october.. I will not go back on roof probably until mid-late summer to reseal with Dicor.... roof seals look good right now.. I have to stop worrying and just have fun... and thats what im gonna do...i doubt roof is gonna cave in(knock on wood).
I am gonna order some eternabond this summer.. I will cut some squares and just cover those screw heads...never worry again about them, and any extra Tape i will put around vents.. As far as uneven plywood seams where they meet, i will just have dealer look at that in October.. Probably tell me im nuts..haha..thanks again...
Old 04-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #5

You guys dont know how much i appologize... you guys are awsome and put up with all my concerns..This freaking OCD i have and worrying is disabling.. ( and yes, i work a full time job and non medicated..LOL) anyways, i just went back on roof, stupidly looking for more issues, and now i dont feel it unlevel anymore..I think what i was stepping on is where the plywoods meet, and the ends of each plywood has some play to it..wether thats normal or not, they all do that on my roof... im not gonna sweat it now... i jumped to conclusions and i should not have.. On my roof there you can see where the plywood meets as there are lines and bubbles in the rubber over each seam..thats what i was feeling.. seems normal now to me..thanks.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #6

On my fiver you can see the OSB under the rubber roof you can also see the joints but so far no issues with roof all looks water tight. Now on my short slide it has a open hole in the corner were they joined them so I will get some eternal bond tape and fix it.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I have a similar issue. I have a sheet of plywood under the rubber roof that flexes up and down like if it's delaminating. I also have several spots where what feels like heavy duty staples that are poking the rubber roof. I've covered a few spots with Eternabond tape to save a leaking problem in case one penetrates the rubber roof. Does anyone have any comments?

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof