Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #21

They do look good. I can't wait till mine arrive and I get them in

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #22

They are shipped and on the way..both doors and hardware..$47. Not bad

Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #23

Well that was quick. My doors arrived today. Only took 3 days...I'm gong out of town next week so I'll be installing them and posting pics the week after when I get back..

Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #24

47 each? or 47 for both?? thanks!

and since this thread is about discussing likes/dislikes, and since I am sitting in it right now - let me add - the silly little pretend curtains that hang down on bedroom windows. Totally useless, and easy to catch on things as you slide by. I ended up pinning them out of the way.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #25

47 for everything. Ended up being 56 with the hardware and shipping. I will be out of town till Friday. I'm planning on installing hem when I return. I will post pics.

As for the Curtains. I don't know how many times I have walked by them and though I tore them from the walls...not exactly a lot of room there to walk by

Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
2013 LaCrosse 318BHS

I am a new member of the Lacrosse Family. Our 2013 Lacrosse 318BHS arrived Thursday night, and we were camping Friday afternoon I do have two gripes, and one was repaired easily, but others should be worried about it.
#1. The bunk bed above the "Sleep and Play" completely pulled out of the wall the second night. One kid was on it, and it fell on another kid. Luckily no one was terribly hurt, and after further inspection, I found 5 -6 long sheet rock screws that connect the board that the hinges are mounted on to the wall. Well they never hit anything substantial, and pulled out easily. In my opinion Forest River should have a recall on this. This could be a BIG, BIG issue.

#2. The Outside kitchen, with all of the pretty stone work, and large cabinets, they forgot that someone may want to put something on the counter top. There is only about 7" of clearance now. I am not sure how to change this, I might tear the whole thing out and replace it. This I should have noticed and considered a different camper, as the fix may be expensive....

So from my first weekend camping in it,, not a success, and when you are the only one with this model, and everyone else with a different model, it does not show well for Forest River !!!
aspisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
2013 LaCrosse 318BHS

Forgot to mention, I put the bunk back on, removed the trim over the screw heads, removed the screws. I tried to find any structure in the section, but could not. I was able to make a pilot drill hole diaganol into the corners, but not so much as there would be a chance of it breaking through the outside. A little tricky so beware, but the screws definitely caught something and now I have no fears of the bed falling out again.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #28

Wow...I use that bunk for my kids...they are only 19 months now...so not to heavy...you can bet I'll be looking into that when I get home from work tomorrow to make sure I don't have the same issue...

I can say that every little issue I have had...both the dealer and prime time have done good by me and made it right, either with information for a quick and easy repair, or warrantee work at the dealer....and there was not much of it a all....

Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
2013 LaCrosse 318BHS

Kozzy, and others, Prime time has alerady been in touch with me, and I feel I have secured the bed hinge board already. I know that they stand behind their TT's and I think it is a good company (or I wouldn't have bought one ).

I do want others to be aware, and take a look to see if the board that is hinged is pulling or pulls away from the wall easily.

I am looking forward to ideas on my Countertop and if others think it is too low now.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #30

I'm having a tough time with your analogy of the 318 bhs outside kitchen. I have had my 318 for over a year a use the cabinets for misc. storage and can't think what you would need to put on the counter besides glasses and cooking stuff.
Drmstx62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #31

I actually removed the fridge. I just did not need another one - I think it would be great if you drink a lot of sodas or beer, but we are tea drinkers here.

So, I have a great bit of counter space - there is a toaster, electric tea pot and other stuff there. For actual cooking I have a separate folding table.

We also removed the fold down bunk. I have two kids and they are older.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #32

I have some pretty good sized cookouts already using the outdoor kitchen and it seems well for me...I guess it depends on how you will be utilizing it....I don't really use the outside stove..or I haven't yet...just grilling so far.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
2013 LaCrosse 318BHS

We had plans on placing our Toaster, Coffee pot, a Paper Towel holder and possibly a Blender. While the toaster barely slides under the cabinets, it would not be high enough for the bread to come out. The other items won't fit at all. Rule of thumb... Paper Towel roll vertically should fit under cabinet. IMHO...

I do use the Fridge, and one of our main reasons for upgrading to a newer camper was for the outdoor fridge, as we were done dealing with Ice.

I will be removing the Fridge this week to move the door to swing open from the Sink side as well. That isn't a big deal, just for my personal use, makes better sense.