Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #1

RV Guy - Blue Outside Lights

RV Guy, you asked awhile back if I would post some pics once I installed the blue rope lights underneath my trailer. I finally got it done today.
I said the pics probably wouldn't turn out very good and they didn't. I'm not able to take a picture that shows the lights lighting up the ground underneath and around the trailer.

Anyway, here's the pics.

Sorry about the poor quality pics. The lights really do look good. Low, non-invasive soft light. They provide just enough light that you can see anything laying on the ground around your trailer, hopefully exposing any trip hazzard left laying around.

I do like the blue lights much better than the clear.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Hi, Gary:

I'm smiling really huge because these look very cool.

RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #3

Thanks,
I guess a guy could fix some up using the same type that you see on cars, but this is a quick, easy, inexpensive way of doing it.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Thanks,
I guess a guy could fix some up using the same type that you see on cars, but this is a quick, easy, inexpensive way of doing it.
that's a great idea! Do you have them hardwired or do you plug them in to the trailer when you get to your destination?

happy camping!
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #5

I didn't hardwire them in. I wanted to keep this mod easy and also wanted to be able to remove the lights easily if I didn't like them. Also this will allow me to easily change the lights if they were to get damaged.
I plug them in whenever I get to the campground. Usually run an extension cord to the campground's elec. The light's plug is at the rear and easy to reach. I cut off the female end to an old extension cord to keep the male end of the lights clean when traveling and not in use.
The lights I used are 18'. I could have used 24' but I did want to keep them between the stabilizer jacks. With the rear kitchen model I have there is a gas line that runs the length of the trailer. I used zip ties to attach the lights to it. At first I tried a few temp mounts where you couldn't see the rope light itself, but it always blocked the light along side the trailer and that was one of reasons I wanted to do this.
They really do look alot better than the pics show.