Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #31

Wow.....not yet, 1 more trip to Myrtle Beach November 1st.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
I too noticed that there are a lot of folks listing "days camped" for the season ranging "beyond 30 days". Let's be honest, "Days Camped" is driving/towing your Trailer/RV from home to a campground. If your in an RV Park or similar seasonal spot, then that is not camping by the definition, it's a seasonal 2nd home.

Now if you tow/drive your TT/RV each weekend and are lucky to be out West, S.Central or the SE and hitting those "beyond 30 days" camping, the that's just awesome and for us Folks up in the Northern regions, that can get in beyond 21 days of camping that is a true testament to the sport of "camping"!

I'm pretty happy we were able to start the 2012 season in March with that early Spring, I'm not so sure 2013 will provide a similar early Spring, but we can hope! This was our first year with our 2012 Tracer 3150 and we went out 9 separate times for about 25 days in total. I need to winterize "Applejack" and get her all settled in for ol man winter. It's a sad day, but we had some great 1st year memories and hopefully many more to come! Cheers!

2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2012 Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
I too noticed that there are a lot of folks listing "days camped" for the season ranging "beyond 30 days". Let's be honest, "Days Camped" is driving/towing your Trailer/RV from home to a campground. If your in an RV Park or similar seasonal spot, then that is not camping by the definition, it's a seasonal 2nd home.

Now if you tow/drive your TT/RV each weekend and are lucky to be out West, S.Central or the SE and hitting those "beyond 30 days" camping, the that's just awesome and for us Folks up in the Northern regions, that can get in beyond 21 days of camping that is a true testament to the sport of "camping"!

I'm pretty happy we were able to start the 2012 season in March with that early Spring, I'm not so sure 2013 will provide a similar early Spring, but we can hope! This was our first year with our 2012 Tracer 3150 and we went out 9 separate times for about 25 days in total. I need to winterize "Applejack" and get her all settled in for ol man winter. It's a sad day, but we had some great 1st year memories and hopefully many more to come! Cheers!
Yea, I agree with what you are saying. No winterizing for us in South Louisiana. Just booked our annual New Years group camping trip. All my days are vacation time and weekends when we can get away. Normally once a month.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #34

My opinion is... if... you spend days on end in your rv...towing it from Michigan to Florida and back... and caming along the way... both there and back. ALL... of that should count..doesnt matter if its in a RV Park..state park...county Park ...flyin J ...or walmart !!
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretired View Post
My opinion is... if... you spend days on end in your rv...towing it from Michigan to Florida and back... and caming along the way... both there and back. ALL... of that should count..doesnt matter if its in a RV Park..state park...county Park ...flyin J ...or walmart !!
Agreed! So is a RV setup on a permanent site camping? I can see the argument both ways, but like JoeyO said, it's a 2nd home. I could be wrong and I' m sure someone here will disagree with me
Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #36

I had to winterize right after Labor Day, but we still managed to get out two more weekends! We had temps in the teens last week, and now have about 5 inches of snow on the ground, and it probably won't melt until April. We parked and tarped up the MH on Sunday. Just beat the snow.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #37

While this has little to do with the main topic, guess I need to understand why you say it's not camping. What factors into that? I drive 200 miles each way to my camper. I unpack stuff each time. I cook over a camp fire as much as I do a little grill on the back of the camper. I've gotta clean the inside and out. I winterize it just like you do. I can pull it out of the site at any time to go anywhere in the US.

The fact they don't tow home every time (saving $$) and have found a favorite camp site is hardly any different than my friend to takes his pop up 4 miles from home 5 times a year to "camp" with his kids.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
While this has little to do with the main topic, guess I need to understand why you say it's not camping. What factors into that? I drive 200 miles each way to my camper. I unpack stuff each time. I cook over a camp fire as much as I do a little grill on the back of the camper. I've gotta clean the inside and out. I winterize it just like you do. I can pull it out of the site at any time to go anywhere in the US.

The fact they don't tow home every time (saving $$) and have found a favorite camp site is hardly any different than my friend to takes his pop up 4 miles from home 5 times a year to "camp" with his kids.
Everyone has their own thoughts about what camping is. To me if your RV is setup on a permanent site that is not camping. Your interpretation could be totally different, but where should we draw the line? Is this camping?

An RV setup up on blocks with skirting?

A park model setup permanently with a deck built onto it?

My parents had a 2nd home (mobile) in a park in Florida that also allowed RV's to stay overnight. Were my parents camping?

If I pack up some clothes and steaks to go to a buddies house for the weekend and we sit around a fire at night is that camping?

You don't have to answer any of those questions. I'm just showing different scenarios that could also be called camping. If you want to call what you do camping, I have no problem with that at all Everyone can draw there own line, wherever it may be.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #39

last trip this weekend, heading up north 2 traverse city mi 2 see fall colors & wine tasting, then come home & winterize & put the baby 2 bed
Old 10-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #40

You guys getting one more weekend in all suck

Mine is at the dealer getting all sorts of little stuff fixed then storage till march...my next trip is to flordia in April. On the up side though getting a new diesel tow rig next week...that should make that long trip a lot nicer...

2015 Dodge 2500 Big Horn 4x4 6.4 HEMI
2015 Grand Designs Reflections 323 BHS
Reese 16K Quick Slide with Factory Rail Kit Option
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote