Old 08-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #1

Samsung fridge or inverter?

We have a Crusader 321RES 5er with residential Samsung fridge. The first few times we were out the fridge held its temps, 0 freezer, 38 fridge, really well using the inverter. Now, as we finished our trip and returned home, each time we stopped, after about a 6 hour drive, the freezer temp was 26-29, and the fridge 56-59. When the inverter button is pushed the green light indicating proper operation comes on, but when we got to our nightly stops the light was off and temps up. Once reconnected to shore power temps go down and fridge works works great. Any ideas on what gives? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #2

Find the inverter and make sure the GFI is depressed. However, if the lights and other tings work when you are on inverter, it is something else.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
King of the Road

My lights are LED and run off 12v not the inverter. Might want to test with something else. Furnace?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #4

Meant the refrigerator light...they run off the inverter. If they are on, so is the reefer.

2015 335DS
Old 08-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #5

Do you have enough battery to support it for long road trips?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Bring Back The Search!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #6

It is your GFI on the inverter (as you said the light was off) or your transfer switch which is not connecting the inverter to the reefer. If you have a xantrex, the duplex outlet on the inverter is also a GFI and it may have popper. The green light will come on regardless of the status of the GFI. You can also turn on the inverter and put a meter on the output to confirm that it is working. If the inverter is putting out 120V, the transfer switch may be bad.

2015 335DS
Old 08-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #7

I read that our Sanibel does not have a power feed for battery, I have also read that the Inverter has a updated firm ware, I also get about 3-4 hour of refrigerator use when towing, we have a 2015 Sanibel 3601, You may want to contact Primetime and verify what I had posted. The firmware update is supposed to overcome the initial start of the compressor of the refrigerator on startup. I also use refrigerator child proof latches, due to the fact that the factory equipment for keeping the doors closed doesn't work. Good luck and happy trails. 🙄
Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM   #8

sounds to me like the problem is the highway shaking your door open slightly. If your freezer is a 26 -29 everything is working. I have had that happen with my cedar creek (3 door fridge). I have not come up with a good fix yet, but twice now I have arrived to find the fridge in the 50's and both times the door was ajar. Those straps don't work very well. I now tie a second strap around the fridge to hold the doors shut, but I am trying to come up with something better.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #9

The other thing I have found is that if you have things loose in the fridge, they fall between the doors and the drawers and wedge the doors open slightly.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #10

Ref Door

A remedy for the ref door opening problem when traveling that I use, and is very inexpensive is—-

I bought a pack of 6 hook and loop awning straps for $2.50. (see attachments ) They are 24” long which is longer than needed and only 2 are required. Also required are some pieces of hoop and loop with adhesive backing. Less than 1’ total and can be scraps.

I attached the hook with adhesive backing on the top of the door, and about 3” of the loop on the top of the ref as far back as practical.

I then took the awning straps and attached them to the door and pushed the door closed while I suck the other end to the ref top. The excess length I just left on top of the ref.

I then use the black strap that FR furnished and tighten that around the 3 door handles and that will secure the freezer door.

When we are parked I just unhook the strap from the door and leave the strap lay on top of the ref until next trip.

I hope the attachments are shown.

Tags
fridge, inverter