Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

Sanbel 3901 Problems

Is anyone else having major problems with there 3901 ours stays at the Dealers
jbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #2
clr

I have had a Sanibel 3601 for 1 year now and love the unit. I did have it at the dealer a couple of times for work but it was always completed in about a week or so and repaired well. It is mostly about having a good dealer. Prime Time are great folks to work with. You should have had to try and talk to Keystone they would never answer any email or call. Hope you get the problems resolved.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #3

It looks like its the 3901 that is having all the problems, black water tank not vented, heater is behind front door so when heater is on and door is open the door gets burn fresh water tank not strapped in and almost fell out. and the list goes on.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I have had a Sanibel 3601 for 1 year now and love the unit. I did have it at the dealer a couple of times for work but it was always completed in about a week or so and repaired well. It is mostly about having a good dealer. Prime Time are great folks to work with. You should have had to try and talk to Keystone they would never answer any email or call. Hope you get the problems resolved.
How does your res fridge perform on 3601 when not on shore power ? (battery/invertor) Our 3901 lasts about 1 hour. Not impressed. Was told around 2 days by dealer.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #5
clr

I get a little over 24 hours on the battery with the invertor powering the ref before the low voltage alarm on the invertor lights. I only have one 12 v size 27 battery. IMO one battery is not sufficient for the power requirements of the unit. I am looking to add a second battery back with a marine type cutoff transfer switch.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
How does your res fridge perform on 3601 when not on shore power ? (battery/invertor) Our 3901 lasts about 1 hour. Not impressed. Was told around 2 days by dealer.

I would venture to guess maybe 1 - 1 1/2 days but, that's with having ALL other 12v sources OFF. (and opening and closing it doesn't help either).
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I would venture to guess maybe 1 - 1 1/2 days but, that's with having ALL other 12v sources OFF. (and opening and closing it doesn't help either).
Thanks. I had everything off including using the disconnect switch. Door was never opened. I even turned up temp for fridge a wee bit. In about 1 hour the red low battery light was on. Temp inside unit was about 19C. I've sampled it a couple times now. Even before I start test the battery shows fully charged. Perhaps dealer installed a cheap battery etc ? I'm have to check that. Hell if I got about 24 hours I'd be dam happy.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #8

Ron - we haven't picked ours up yet, but we were told if it's plugged into the tow vehicle it would be fine for a long time. Are you camping where there isn't any electricity at all or are you talking about while you are driving down the road?

Leslie
Lesndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #9

Also, do you have the fold out sofas in your living room? How the heck do those work?
Old 06-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #10

Folding out the couch

A video on how to fold out the couch. Yay!
Attached Files
Old 06-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaird View Post
It looks like its the 3901 that is having all the problems, black water tank not vented, heater is behind front door so when heater is on and door is open the door gets burn fresh water tank not strapped in and almost fell out. and the list goes on.
I'm just boggled that the industry accepts this level of build quality. This is what we expect from cheap Chinese imports, not American made products.

I worked in the aircraft industry where quality is obviously hugely important. There are quality processes and systems that can be implemented, even on low volume products such as RVs, to increase the build quality and it can be done without costing a ton of money. It requires starting with a culture of quality.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesndan View Post
Ron - we haven't picked ours up yet, but we were told if it's plugged into the tow vehicle it would be fine for a long time. Are you camping where there isn't any electricity at all or are you talking about while you are driving down the road?

Leslie
Just talking about driving down the road.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
Just talking about driving down the road.

The 12v wire that runs from the front (battery) of your TV is only 12 guage at best (about the size of the wires on a benchtop battery charger compared to the size of the battery cables or commercial battery charger cables) and is probably on a 15 to 25 amp fuse/circuit breaker.

This wire cannot carry a heavy load and was originally designed to run lights in a small trailer (utility) and to keep the battery charged for the intermittant use of trailer brakes. Neither of these were a constant draw.

We as RV'ers are now asking more from this circuit than it is designed to handle. If your inverter is asking more from your coach battery than the 12v line from your TV can supply then, it simply can't keep the coach battery FULLY charged especially when dry camping. (If your driving, it may last longer depending on the demand plugged into the inverter).

Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #14

I read somewhere on the forums that GMC/Chevy trucks do not always have the power to the trailer wired up. I read that the trucks often have the fuse in the glove box and you have to add it yourself and hook up a wire under the hood to provide power to the trailer.

Now, having said that, when I checked my GMC, it had the fuse already installed. I did order the truck with the trailer wiring so maybe that's why mine was setup right.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohai View Post
I read somewhere on the forums that GMC/Chevy trucks do not always have the power to the trailer wired up. I read that the trucks often have the fuse in the glove box and you have to add it yourself and hook up a wire under the hood to provide power to the trailer.

Now, having said that, when I checked my GMC, it had the fuse already installed. I did order the truck with the trailer wiring so maybe that's why mine was setup right.
X2 Some, even though equipped with a towing package don't always come "completely" configured. Some are completed during dealer prep and some are left up to the consumer and/or trailer dealers to finish the setup.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #16

does any body had this issue????????

hi guys I have a new sanible 2015 for 7 months now never had a trip yet,,,, just parked, and this past weekend I noticed some thing under it was the fresh water tank hanging I have put 1/4 tank of water on it, I look under It looks like no straps were installed. I call my dealer and they will send some one to look at it today see what is the problem I'll keep posted about this issue.....
almeraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #17

3901 fresh water tank

we have an 2015 3901 and the fresh water tank almost fell out come to find out they forgot to put the straps under the tank to hold it in. Prime Time sent a new tank and straps all good now.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:23 AM   #18

I have a 2015 3901.....problems so far - fridge battery power runs out in aboutt 2 hours when towing. Front couch configuration is ridiculous, showing wear under kitchen slide from the rollers, water leaks (small) under the sink and fridge and delamination on the front door.

Am currently parked and had trouble with the levelers using auto mode. I am in the same spot that I have used 4-5 times. I used the manual mode for the first time and got it leveled.

Ive also wondered why if you are going to build a unit that costs a bunch of money why would you put a crank up TV antenna or not install remotes for the awnings, slides and jacks?

Taking it to the dealer in November to hopefully fix all the issues.
ptodd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptodd47 View Post
I have a 2015 3901.....problems so far - fridge battery power runs out in aboutt 2 hours when towing. Front couch configuration is ridiculous, showing wear under kitchen slide from the rollers, water leaks (small) under the sink and fridge and delamination on the front door.

Am currently parked and had trouble with the levelers using auto mode. I am in the same spot that I have used 4-5 times. I used the manual mode for the first time and got it leveled.

Ive also wondered why if you are going to build a unit that costs a bunch of money why would you put a crank up TV antenna or not install remotes for the awnings, slides and jacks?

Taking it to the dealer in November to hopefully fix all the issues.

Sorry to hear about your issues but, maybe check these possible solutions with your dealer or on your own;

1 - Do you have constant 12v power from your TV trailer connector to the trailer plug when the key is on? If so, is your trailer battery switch "on" to allow power to the inverter?

2 - I've heard about the couch configuration & sorry I can't offer a solution for that one.

3 - Attended the Rally and the slide wear was one of my issues. They ended up removing the slide and rollers and installed an improved "glide" mechanism along the entire length of the floor along with wear strips.

4 - Let your dealer fix the plumbing leaks.....probably just loose connections.

5 - Did you leave the door open in the rain and possibly water penetrated between the inner & outer panels

6 - Sometimes the leveling system needs to be recalibrated so it remembers the "level" position. (I've had to do this a few times) Once you get it manually leveled, perform the "recalibration" steps and you're good to go.

7 - I wish I had a remote for the slides, jacks & awning too.....that would be cool! I had the Winegard "omni-directional Tv antenna on my last Lacrosse. Lousy reception (most of the time none). There were numerous complaints and PT went back to the old trustworthy crank-up antenna. So, I would be happy with that unless you upgrade to the Winegard Razar auto antenna ($399).

I hope my suggestions help you take care of some issues if not, good luck with your dealer & safe travels.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:32 PM   #20

Water Tank Straps

When I was getting the final walk through the dealer filled the fresh water tank to test all the systems. When I asked why the fresh water drain was above the tank level and bottom of RV we knew there was a problem. Dealer had to cut belly open and put in some tank straps that they said would hold better than the factory straps. Been good so far. Wish I would have seen the work under my Crusader.

Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote