Old 05-16-2015, 05:09 PM   #1

Sanbel 3901 Problems

Is anyone else having major problems with there 3901 ours stays at the Dealers

Old 05-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
clr

I have had a Sanibel 3601 for 1 year now and love the unit. I did have it at the dealer a couple of times for work but it was always completed in about a week or so and repaired well. It is mostly about having a good dealer. Prime Time are great folks to work with. You should have had to try and talk to Keystone they would never answer any email or call. Hope you get the problems resolved.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #3

It looks like its the 3901 that is having all the problems, black water tank not vented, heater is behind front door so when heater is on and door is open the door gets burn fresh water tank not strapped in and almost fell out. and the list goes on.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
I have had a Sanibel 3601 for 1 year now and love the unit. I did have it at the dealer a couple of times for work but it was always completed in about a week or so and repaired well. It is mostly about having a good dealer. Prime Time are great folks to work with. You should have had to try and talk to Keystone they would never answer any email or call. Hope you get the problems resolved.
How does your res fridge perform on 3601 when not on shore power ? (battery/invertor) Our 3901 lasts about 1 hour. Not impressed. Was told around 2 days by dealer.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #5
clr

I get a little over 24 hours on the battery with the invertor powering the ref before the low voltage alarm on the invertor lights. I only have one 12 v size 27 battery. IMO one battery is not sufficient for the power requirements of the unit. I am looking to add a second battery back with a marine type cutoff transfer switch.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Wilhelm View Post
How does your res fridge perform on 3601 when not on shore power ? (battery/invertor) Our 3901 lasts about 1 hour. Not impressed. Was told around 2 days by dealer.

I would venture to guess maybe 1 - 1 1/2 days but, that's with having ALL other 12v sources OFF. (and opening and closing it doesn't help either).
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
I would venture to guess maybe 1 - 1 1/2 days but, that's with having ALL other 12v sources OFF. (and opening and closing it doesn't help either).
Thanks. I had everything off including using the disconnect switch. Door was never opened. I even turned up temp for fridge a wee bit. In about 1 hour the red low battery light was on. Temp inside unit was about 19C. I've sampled it a couple times now. Even before I start test the battery shows fully charged. Perhaps dealer installed a cheap battery etc ? I'm have to check that. Hell if I got about 24 hours I'd be dam happy.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #8

Ron - we haven't picked ours up yet, but we were told if it's plugged into the tow vehicle it would be fine for a long time. Are you camping where there isn't any electricity at all or are you talking about while you are driving down the road?

Leslie
Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #9

Also, do you have the fold out sofas in your living room? How the heck do those work?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:13 PM   #10

Folding out the couch

A video on how to fold out the couch. Yay!
Attached Files