Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #1

Sanibel 2012 Slide Question

Just finished our second trip in our 2012 Sanibel 3500 (bought used) and slowly learning where everything is and how it operates. Is there a manual operation for the slides, and if so where is it. The "manual" for the unit mentions one but not the location.

Thanks!
Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
William

If the Sanibel is like the Primetime Crusader there are two different types of slides which have two seperate procedures in manual operation.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #3

Yes there are two types, hydraulic (3 slides) and electric 1 slide.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #4

We also own a 2012 Sanibel 3500. Our manual explains how to use the manual override, but I can't remember right now. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look thru the manual and let you know.
BTW, make sure you check the straps holding your fresh water holding tank in place. Three of the four attachment points on mine came undone after only two trips. You don't want a full 500lb water tank dropping down onto the highway in front of your trailer axles when you're going 65MPH.
usraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #5

Usraptor. If you could look we would appreciate it. Our manual tells us how, but not where it is. Hopefully you have some info that we didn't receive. We bought ours used so it is possible that something is missing.

Thank you for the warning in the water tank, we will check that. We are still trying to figure out the best way to store the recliners, table and lamp. What is the best?

Thanks for any tips
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #6

Okay I'll take a look.
Re the recliners, table and lamp, I angle the recliners towards the rear side windows with the backs of the chairs facing each other. Push them up as close to the back window as possible so the slides don't catch them when you close them. It's a bit of a pain but this works best for us. We turn the table upside down and put it on the floor in the middle between the two chairs. We put the light on the floor, laying down, under the chair and desk. This seems to give it some extra protection. Just make sure when you close the slides that you closely watch the recliners to make sure the slides don't catch on them. Ask me how I know.
Maybe somebody else could chime in if they have a better way to do this.
Brad
Old 05-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #7

The 2013's have two tie-down straps for the recliners. I do as Brad said for those (and then tie them in).

I put the table upside down on one of those recliners (fits nice and snug). I take the shade off the lamp and lay the lamp on the sofa (where it seems to stay just fine).
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #8

Okay, I looked at my manuals and I must have been smoking my socks because I couldn't find anything about how to manually over ride the slides.
However, I did a search on Google and You tube and came up with the following information;
page 12 on this pdf document explains how to manually over ride the slide:

http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Ow...e-2008-web.pdf

This you tube video also shows how it's done:

Hope these help. They helped me.
Brad
Old 05-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #9

usraptor, thanks will see if we can find it. As for the chairs, we tried putting them back to back, and apparently the straps didn't keep them from rocking or bouncing, as one of them hit the valance around the side window and knocked it loose, so guess it's back to face to face. The chairs are nice and comfortable which makes them not really have quite enough room. Barry will try the couch for the lamp on our next trip. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #10

At least on a 2013 Sanibel, the Landing Gear control valve is located in the propane locker. See picture:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4229063063.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	31697

Note that you'll have to remove the propane cylinder to get the Allen wrench in the hole.

The Slides override valve is in the front storage compartment next to the hydraulic pump.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1994933531.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	31699

This one is easy to get to.

In that same picture I show where the place is to drive the pump with a hex bit in an electric drill. At first I thought it was too cramped to put a drill above it, but there's 13-1/2 inches there, enough even for my 1/2" hammer drill!

Now if someone can give instructions for the electric bedroom slide, we're all set.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #11

Hey Barry:

I will get my manual and quote, but you disconnect power push it in or out and turn on power to lock in place. It was in my package and will copy and send it to anyone who need same. As for the table we turn it upside down on some antiskid and put it behind the desk chair. Lamp is in the closet in our stick house.

Wayne and Donna
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual slide, sanibel