Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

Sanibel 3500 Dometic RM1350

On week one of our three week shake down of our 2013 Sanibel 3500. My wife notice an appreciable amount of water accumulating in the refrigerator on food container and in bins. Upon inspection of the refrigerator, I notice that the drip tray under the cooling fins is missing. This tray, for what I can understand, collects condensate and routes it to the drain hole that is located at the inside right side of the refrigerator under the cooling fins. In addition, I looked outside for the refrigerator drain line and could not find it. I have seen this drain line in the vicinity of the outside control panel. Can a Sanibel owner look at there refrigerator and see if a tray is connected to the drain hole and if they can locate the refrigerator drain line outside the unit. Any input would be deeply appreciated. I have sent an email to the dealer concerning and request a quick response and, if possible, the missing tray. We still have two weeks left on the shake down, which so far is well worth the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2799.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	41192   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2801.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	41193  

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #2

Absolutely you should have a tray connected to the drain hole. It's clear plastic.

The drain line should be coming down in the middle of the opening in your second photo from up higher on the back of the fridge.

There's not much room to reach up in that opening to see if the line is there but just not pulled down, but you could try. I think it's likely that the dealer will have to pull the fridge (into the inside) a bit to find that drain line.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #3

Do you think the drain line would be hooked to the drain tray nipple that sticks into the hole under the cooling fins?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #4

Yes, one end of it. The other end should be hanging down free, with a check-valve inserted in the end, and it then feeds into a hole in the cover for the hole in pic-2 where the water drains out.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #5

I checked this morning and found the drain hose tucked in about 1/3 of the way up. Pulled it down and found a tag that read- "Warning The draining hose has to be drawn through an outlet to prevent water damage in the vehicle. Contacted the dealer and requested the drip tray be overnighted to me. I also confirmed visually, that the other end is connected and clamped to the back of the refrigerator.

One question- While I was up on a ladder looking to see if the other end was connected, I noticed that the exhaust from the stove has a cover that was snapped in place. I released the cover and had the wife turn on the exhaust from the stove and what a difference. Should this cover be snapped back shut when in transit??
Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #6

Excellent! Just make sure the end of that hose is stuck thru the vent cover so that it's draining the water to the outside.

And you found the exhaust vent already! You're doing a great job. I don't think I found mine for 2 months. IMO, it needs to be re-latched for travel, but some others say it doesn't. It's yours to lose I'd say. BTW, while we're on that subject, the external cover for my vent blew off during a wind storm (found it laying on the ground). I put a couple of little screws into sides near the bottom to make sure I didn't lose it as well.

Tags
3500, 500, dometic, sanibel