Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

Sanibel 3500 in for Repair

Already missing our Sanibel. Transporter picked up and delivered the unit to Indiana for the upper frame flex fix and a list of other deficiencies. Received an email from him yesterday informing me that the unit had a tire blowout on the way and that the unit only suffered some cosmetic damage. I have not received an actual repair date from Prime Time, but have confidence the unit is in good hands. Contemplating on picking up the unit myself in lieu of having a transporter bringing it back. Got to pick my brain on that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140822_214059.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	61270   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140822_214050.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	61271  
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #2

We waited four weeks after the repair for transport back. If you talk to them they MAY pay for your fuel to pick it up.
It was about 2000.00 to get it back to calif. Its worth a shot if you want to pick it up anyway.
Prime time really stepped up and took care of us. it was sad to lose the unit, but they did take care of business.

Wayne and Donna
Honda 3000 si
4 6 volt batterys
wmcclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #3

I am sure the PT team will take care of you. Ron and his guys are simply AMAZING (the PT repair facility is a separate business). Just outstanding. I was floored by how well I was treated.

What we chose to do was have ours transported and then go and pick it up ourselves. We had a few reasons, first to verify all repairs were done, secondly we then camped in the area for a week and lastly to tour the PT factory. It worked out awesome. It was a great trip.

Luckily it appears the blowout did not do that much damage. That is a good thing. I actually saw firsthand how far Ron and his team go on a Sanibel with upper frame flex. They REALLY overdo it when they re-assemble them.

Good luck.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_newfie View Post
I am sure the PT team will take care of you. Ron and his guys are simply AMAZING (the PT repair facility is a separate business). Just outstanding. I was floored by how well I was treated.

What we chose to do was have ours transported and then go and pick it up ourselves. We had a few reasons, first to verify all repairs were done, secondly we then camped in the area for a week and lastly to tour the PT factory. It worked out awesome. It was a great trip.

Luckily it appears the blowout did not do that much damage. That is a good thing. I actually saw firsthand how far Ron and his team go on a Sanibel with upper frame flex. They REALLY overdo it when they re-assemble them.

Good luck.
I just may pick it up for the reasons you stated above.
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3500, 500, repair, sanibel