Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #1
clr

Sanibel 3601 Wiring Diagram

I was wondering if anyone got there hands on a wiring diagram for the unit and would be willing to share. I have spent most of the last day and a half chasing a wire to my welcome home light under the outside stairs that quit working. The inside light works but the outside light has no power going to the light. Before long I will know how most of the wires are run I suppose. Thanks for any help here.

Old 04-15-2016, 02:49 PM   #2

There are no wiring diagrams printed as far as I know. When on the assembly line, each tech/assembler runs his wires as he sees fit......some are neater than others, some just lay them out without bundling or tying them up (ie; lights). Then when each appliance is installed, that tech/assembler does his own thing etc., etc. No common wire harnesses for each floorplan/model.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #3

BTW, are you talking about the light under the outside steps? My "welcome home" light under the outside steps operates on the same switch as the regular outside porch light above the main door.

Nevermind. I re-read your post. You did mention it's the outside one.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #4
clr

Thanks for the help here. I traced the black and white outside welcome home light wires as well as the inside switch wires orange and white. The black and white wire runs backwards toward the axles then across the coach to the other side then forward to a hole in the flooring and up to the deck behind the wall in the storage compartment where the water heater and such are mounted. Then the switch wires as well as the black and white wires head up to the roof. I took down the welcome home light on the inside but could not access any of the wiring there the hole was way to small. So I think I will go without an outside welcome home light, rather than tear up any thing else here trying to fix this darn thing.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #5

Does your over the door porch light work? You could just tap into those wires and run new to the welcome light or run new hot wires to the light from the battery compartment and install a weatherproof switch somewhere convenient.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #6
clr

That is sort of my plan to run a new wire to the switch and the outside light. I am just resting for a while this is hard work for an old man I do not bend like I used to.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
That is sort of my plan to run a new wire to the switch and the outside light. I am just resting for a while this is hard work for an old man I do not bend like I used to.

A creeper is my best friend!
Old 08-31-2016, 01:21 PM   #8
clr

Well just to close this out. I did fix this problem. It turns out that many of the 12 V fuses where installed incorrectly. That is they were plugged in correctly on the left side but many on the right side will installed below the socket for the fuse so were making very light contact. With age and bouncing down the road the connections became very light and the light would not work. Hope this may help someone else.

2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, sanibel, wiring