Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #1

Sanibel 3901

Just took delivery on a 2015 Sanibel 3901. Just fell in love with it. Haven't taken it on a trip yet but am looking forward to doing that. Perplexed about the couches in the living area. Can't seem to figure out how to make them into a bed.

Also anyone know why it only has 1 handle to drain the holding tanks?
ptodd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2015 Sanibel 3901.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #3

I have a 2014 3600 and there are 3 tanks/handles. 1 for the gally grey tank, one for the bathroom grey tank and one for the black tank. Since this is a Front Living, my guess is the handles for the Bathroom grey and black tanks are in another location rather then up in the UDC. Looking at pictures of the 3091 it looks like your sewer connection is behind the axles which is not the case on the other Sanibel models, they are all pretty close to the Docking Center. I would peak around the sewer connection, I bet you will find the handles for the bathroom grey and black tanks.

As for the couches I just lift up the seat cushions and its a fold out bed, just lift up and the bed starts to unfold like a normal hide a bed couch at home.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptodd47 View Post
Just took delivery on a 2015 Sanibel 3901. Just fell in love with it. Haven't taken it on a trip yet but am looking forward to doing that. Perplexed about the couches in the living area. Can't seem to figure out how to make them into a bed.

See my photos in the below thread for the sofa bed operation.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bed-72583.html
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #5

thanks for the responses. I did find 2 more handles near the sewer drain. One for the black and one for the bathroom gray water. As for the couches, still not sure about those. My wife and I fooled with them today and may have figured out something. This is an awesome coach and Im really glad we got it.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #6

I also have a 2014 3600 best purchase ever love it
Ductwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:17 PM   #7

Quote:

I'm having the same problem. Even my delaer cannot firgure it out. I was told it would sleep 6. I cannot open both couches as same time. Can you ?

...Ron
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post
I have a 2014 3600 and there are 3 tanks/handles. 1 for the gally grey tank, one for the bathroom grey tank and one for the black tank. Since this is a Front Living, my guess is the handles for the Bathroom grey and black tanks are in another location rather then up in the UDC. Looking at pictures of the 3091 it looks like your sewer connection is behind the axles which is not the case on the other Sanibel models, they are all pretty close to the Docking Center. I would peak around the sewer connection, I bet you will find the handles for the bathroom grey and black tanks.

As for the couches I just lift up the seat cushions and its a fold out bed, just lift up and the bed starts to unfold like a normal hide a bed couch at home.
I have same problem with the couches. Cannot firgure them out. Impossbile it seems to make them into a bed. They don't pull out like a normal sofa bed does. Instead you go to flip open the leg part and them try and place cushions in certain positions like a puzzle. I was told I could fold them both out to sleep 4 adults there and I cannot. My dealer could not even firgure it out at first. I'm working with them currently to fix.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #9

3901 Couches

Spoke with customer service today and they told me I was outta luck on getting help with useless sofas. I told them the internet is a big place for upset people to bitch about poor product. I still cant believe they put those piece of crap sofas in a $75000 coach!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Spoke with customer service today and they told me I was outta luck on getting help with useless sofas. I told them the internet is a big place for upset people to bitch about poor product. I still cant believe they put those piece of crap sofas in a $75000 coach!
I feel for you. I got the same "cheap" aweful couches also and am still bitching. Never seen such a mess in a so called high end unit. I keep getting the same excuses. They try and tell me the mast people want them. BS We have 2 that you can't even open at same time cause they hit each other. The sales people are so nice when taking your $$ and it makes you wonder why the Head Office won't listen when we the customer talks. I'm not giving up yet. But not sure this company is in my future unless they help out.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #11

Ive seen videos on this product from back in the fall with Lane sofas.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Ive seen videos on this product from back in the fall with Lane sofas.
Any idea where I could see them ? Thanks...Ron
Old 05-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrostek View Post

You lucked on the couches. You got what I wanted. We wanted a simple fold out bed and got something totally different that don't work right and is cheap and hard to sleep. Not impressed at all.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #14

https://youtu.be/7EYKmVtwWmQ
Old 05-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #15

the other drain handles are by the drain pipe up under the camper on the frame
jbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #16

Yes we found the other drain handles.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #17

I'm having same issue. This isn't right with the couches. Why would they put two in there? Totally misleading in my opinion.
Lesndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:22 PM   #18

Our couches are not like those on the sides. And you CANNOT sleep four guests up there. Only one couch can be folded out at a time. Max three people and one of those three has to be short to fit on the unfolded couch. I'm disappointed.

Leslie
Old 06-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #19

How to unfold the couches in the Sanibel 9301

A Primetime rep sent this to my salesperson.
Attached Files
Old 06-02-2015, 08:41 AM   #20

Talked to Primetime and they told me sorry about your luck. Next talked to the furniture maker and they were aware of the problem but told me they are now putting a jackknife type couch on one side. Also told me the dealer could order that for us. what we have here is poor design and nobody wants to help. :

So if you want to correct the problem you are on your own.

Tags
sanibel