Old 09-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
Sanibel back from Repair

Picked up our 2013 Sanibel 3500 today after being at Recreational Specialties for about a month for repair. Looks good! Upper frame flex modifications completed along with a list of other items needing attention. Camping out at Shipshewana Camp Ground South for three days before heading back to Virginia. The following items were addressed:
1. Upper frame flex problem (added approx 80 lbs of metal and wood to beef up the frame. Lippert fix).
2. Replaced mattress which lost its memory.
3. Repair rear AC seal, which allowed water intrusion into the rear corner of unit. Inside ceiling panel, insulation, and crown molding all replaced.
4. Replaced fireplace (thermostat did not function)
5. Install separate on/off switch for outside radio in order to completed electrically isolate it.
6. Upgraded tires to Goodyear LT (at my cost).
7. Installed missing glide strip on kitchen slide and properly adjusted kitchen slide. (was teetering when operated).
8. Removed cutout (left in tank after punched out for drain piping and cutout curled up section which was catching hair) from bathroom grey water tank. Tank was slow to drain and now fixed.
9. Squared up entry door frame.
10. Replace cracked pin box cover.
11. Replace cracked rear AC shroud cover. (my cost $50.)

In addition to the list I provided to them initially, they went through the unit with a fine tooth comb.

I feel completely confident that the unit is better now then it was when it came out the plant after construction. I do expect issues to crop up as we travel our smooth and not so smooth roads racking up miles on our unit and will address them as they come up. I still have 1 year and 1 month left on the warrantee and so far Prime Time has stepped up to the plate leaving me content. I completed a tour of the plant where the Sanibels are assembled and will post the photos on the forum.

2013 Sanibel 3500
2013 Ram Truck 3500 Laramie Longhorn Dually

2015 Days camping-185
2016 Days camping-144
BBBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
Good to hear you are happy with the repairs, enjoy your stay there and have a safe trip home.

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
Great to hear that! My unit is actually back from the dealer with 90% of the first list addressed. My fridge is now running perfectly switching back and forth thanks to a new control board. They replaced the handles and gaskets too.

I found a few more issues and I now see some of that caulking you where talking about and plan to ask them and PT about it to see if there is just known frames where there may be issues. I have 1 year and a week left on the warentee as well and already started the new list as a few new items have popped up out of the blue. Like my ceiling fan will now only operate at the lowest speed, all other positions of the pull chain turns it off. (home models have the same issue, but let them address it while under warentee.)
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Happy to hear it all worked out for you. I'm not surprised that PT and Ron took care of you. They are top notch!
2015 F-350 SRW 6.7 PSD
2014 Crusader 295RST

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #5
I was dropping mine off as you were picking yours up... You just reminded me to talk to Ron about my entry door binding.

Good luck.

kdanie is offline   Reply With Quote

repair, sanibel