Old 06-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #11

I am completely ignorant to RV construction. All I know is my 2008 Keystone I had previously was nothing more than a soft squeaky metal shed on wheels compared to the new Crusader Keep up the good work Jeff!

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109Rrider View Post
I am completely ignorant to RV construction. All I know is my 2008 Keystone I had previously was nothing more than a soft squeaky metal shed on wheels compared to the new Crusader Keep up the good work Jeff!
Same for me as well.

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any problems on here. Just knew that the soon to be released Sanibel is suppose to be a very nice 5'er and I thought people might like to see how they're constructed.

P.S. crocus, when my last trailer had delamination on both sidewalls I was told by the manufacturer that it was a batch of bad glue. At least that's what I was told.

Gary & Trish
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #13

"when my last trailer had delamination on both sidewalls I was told by the manufacturer that it was a batch of bad glue. At least that's what I was told."
=============================================
I wouldn't doubt that the major delamination issues are glue related, but there are a ton of people complaining about delam around their fridge vents. That is obviously a moisture problem.
All I know is that I went around my camper with a tube of high-quality rv caulk and sealed and resealed any and every potential spot where moisture might find its way in behind the fibreglass skin.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"when my last trailer had delamination on both sidewalls I was told by the manufacturer that it was a batch of bad glue. At least that's what I was told."
=============================================
I wouldn't doubt that the major delamination issues are glue related, but there are a ton of people complaining about delam around their fridge vents. That is obviously a moisture problem.
All I know is that I went around my camper with a tube of high-quality rv caulk and sealed and resealed any and every potential spot where moisture might find its way in behind the fibreglass skin.
I did the same on mine.

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4
Old 06-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Gary - no problems. I'm glad you asked.

This is good healthy dialogue where we all learn. I'm just thankful people are wanting to learn more about a Prime Time.

Plus, the occasional wise-crack about a competitor is always enjoyed . Thanks - cough,cough - M109!

It's a beautiful day here in Northern Indiana - hope everyone has a great one!

PTM
Old 06-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #16

I should have included these descriptions along with the illustrations. I'm impressed.

Prime Time Manufacturing Wall - aluminum framed, laminated construction. Hi Gloss, Gel Coated "DURAGLOSS" fiberglass designed to withstand 200 + degrees. The glass is laminated to TWO layers of plywood. R-14!

Prime Time Manufacturing Floor - By far, the best built floor in the industry. Count the layers - wow! 3" laminated, aluminum framing with floor brace, radiant foil insulation, 2 layers of plywood, capped by 5/8" seamless decking. Enclosed underbelly with heated tanks. In floor heat ducting. 12" I-Beam.

Prime Time Manufacturing Roof - Designed to withstand the heat and cold. 3/8" decking for complete walk-on capabilities. Sanibel is PACKED WITH INSULATION achieving an unheard of R-52 utilizing state-of-the-art construction materials. Vented attic. Quiet Cool Air Conditioning.

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #17
Commercial Member

Just for clarification - those are Sanibel descriptions on Gary's post above, not all PTM products.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #18

If I had a 1 ton dually and was in the market for a 5'er, I'ld have to take a good look at one of these.

The first Sanibel received graphics this week. There's a couple of "tweaks" we need to make but overall . . . WE LOVE THEM! What do you think?

The design allows for a stackable washer/dryer in the front which is important for full timers. However, we designed the front cap to still be incredibly aerodynamic (not flat and straight up and down like the competition).

The front cap also incorporates Prime Time's SUPER TURN cap design where we cut the corners back 14" to provide additional clearance and turning radius when using a standard short bed towing vehicle. Crusader owners already know how great it works!

The front cap picture also gives a great view of the "SECURE STANCE" hydraulic front jacks. This high end upgrade is very strong and very fast. Plus, we worked with the frame company to design the legs to push outward to promote even greater stability and support. The large, round sand pads provide more square inches of stability.
Attached Images

Gary & Trish

2017 Nights Camped - 4