Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 10:43 AM   #21

Thank you for the confirmation that (1) this is a major design flaw with the Prime Time Sanibel/Forrest River and that (2) it is a "fixable" problem if the owner... or Prime Time... or the Extended Warranty is willing to fork out the money. We aren't financially able to pay for all the fixes. Like you, the amount of time we've had our unit in the shop for far outweighs the time we have been able to actually camp. Our troubles began on our first trip out when we found we had no way to get hot water with propane...because the igniter had not been installed at PT. Required mobile tech and $$$. Then we had to have our rubber roof reinstalled because of bubbling. Next we had to have the bedroom air conditioner replaced because of heavy vibration. Then we developed a leak behind the shower wall (busted lines) that had to be replaced. The living room fan had to be replaced because the clearance was so tight that one of the slides broke a blade off when being retracted. THEN we developed the Kitchen Slide Out issue, while on vacation. Mobile service came out to realign the slide out. More $$$. And now we face huge labor bills from our dealership because they have exhausted the funds in our extended warranty trying to fix the slide out problem. We are at wits end!!
Raneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #22

Sanibel - kitchen slide-out out of alignment

We have a 2013 3400 Sanibel and lost 6 months of camping last year waiting for parts to repair our kitchen slide! Our beautiful living room fan's blade also broke off due to limited space when slides closed and we had to replace with a smaller fan. We also had the same leak on our first trip and the igniter problem. I am still concerned about the possibility of frame flexing although I was reassured by Prime Time that my Vin Number was not affected. Haven't taken that many trips so hope not, but still love my Sanibel! Yes, I agree with many others that PT needs much better quality control! So sorry, Raneil, for your problems.
emmyoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #23

Kitchen Slide Sanibel ongoing saga

Thanks emmyoscar for your information. We continue to be hopeful about the ability to fix the problem for good. Prime Time (Rick Koelndorfer) has sent our dealership's technicians a thirty page document on how to fix the slide...along with a promise to get Lippert involved, if needed. Now the ball is in their court and, as the clock ticks, we are missing the most beautiful Texas camping opportunities ever. We are at their mercy and don't feel we should be expected to pay for this mess. Our dealership however is stating we will have to come up with 50% of the labor costs from now on until it's fixed. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Old 04-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #24

Kitchen Slide-outs

Raneil, good luck in the repairs. Rick is a wonderful help and I'm certain he can can the repair done. Sad about the cost. I was fortunate my repair was under warranty.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #25

Had ours in the dealer for 11 weeks to fix heater duct work and the kitchen slide needed to be adjusted due to the same thing, cutting in to the floor. Long story short I gave up. I know they would do more damage than good trying to fix it. So I now place a heavy piece of vinyl under that roller so it will not cut the floor as I bring in the slide. Not happy with this service department I wish PT had more authorized repair centers for warranty work. Really hope this works out for you.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #26

Ongoing nightmare Sanibel 3400 Kitchen Slide

As of next week our 2013 Sanibel 3400 will have been at the Crestview Georgetown, TX dealership for FOUR months while they attempt to repair our kitchen slide out problem. The dealership has thrown their hands up, saying they have done everything Prime Time/Lippert has suggested but the jerking slide out problem still remains. Has anyone out there had a similar experience where NO ONE is able to fix the problem? To date, the dealership has exhausted the limits of our Extended Warranty re: payment for any more labor. The technician has thrown new parts at the problem, torn up gears, and "done everything possible" to fix the slide. We have been dragged into the middle of the mess by having to frequently contact Prime Time to beg for assistance. We are so frustrated we are considering hiring an attorney to pursue the Lemon Law and/or filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau against Prime Time and Georgetown Crestview. Does anyone have any experience in these matters? This is a miserable situation and we are on the losing end!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #27

I have personally been there at Crestview RV Georgetown, TX. They have no clue what so ever in RV repairs. They perform terrible services. Run around David Locken assured us they could take care of our issues. Told us that he would have our unit repaired in a couple of weeks. 6 weeks later. Shotty repairs and half of the repairs weren't performed. Taken back several times. Sat out of their parking lot for over a week. They are terrible. RUN
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:48 AM   #28

Raneil, I have personally sat in Crestview's parking lot for a week. To be pushed back. We were blown off. We had a time limit and were leaving for a work camp position. Told them " David Locken " of our time limit. Parts were damaged, and Primetime airfreight the parts. Only for us to sit out in their parking lot. I've walked in the sales lot and seen more customers RV just sitting. They have more service than new. 5 acres of new and 20 of service. I've been down I35 and EVERYONE tell us about how terrible they are. We tried them when our unit was new and had to take it to Elkhart, they adjusted the slide ram the wrong way, the floor was dropping by 2 inches. They told me the hydraulic ram was actually bowing. Run around David Locken assured me that he had his best technician on it. They backed our unit into a bench and damaged our home. Then tried to get Primetime to pay for it. Not every going back to Crestview.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #29

Kitchen slide out problems

Jimmyt1164, we can only pray that something good comes out of this nightmare.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #30

Update to my post of 4/23/16 re: our 2013 Sanibel 3400 unresolved repair nightmare. After sitting five months at Crestview RV, Georgetown, TX we finally gave up. We plead our case to the head of Prime Time Mfg. and they graciously agreed to fix the problems with our kitchen slide if we could pull the rv to Wakarusa, Indiana. They offered to pay for our gas up there and lodging while it was being fixed. It was absolutely the best offer we could have imagined! After completing the 1,200 mile trip from Texas, we were greeted by Mary Faulstich, Todd Breden and technician Rick who carefully went over all of our concerns with our unit. In addition to the kitchen slide malfunction, we suspected we had a frame flex issue as well and it was confirmed. The repair of those two items alone will take around three to four weeks, and we just could not stay in the area that long. Todd again came to the rescue and said that they could do the repairs and have our Sanibel brought back to us in Texas. We were absolutely astonished at the wonderful treatment that Prime Time has given us in this matter! Now we wait with fingers crossed and prayers offered up that we are finally going to have our unit back in fine working order. Everything we'd read about the top notch customer service offered by Prime Time is true. Thanks to Mary, Todd, the technicians and Rick Kohlndorfer we can see a happy outcome after a long, long struggle. Updates to follow.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #31

So Happy for You!

Hi Raneil, I'm so very happy you are finally getting some help! Hopefully, your Sanibel will be repaired as good as new. Prime Time does have amazing people. Enjoy your RVing after all is repaired!
Old 06-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #32

We also have had the same issue with Crestview RV in Georgetown Texas, We are also scheduled for repairs at Primetime, Rick and Marry have been great and also the service manager Todd. It's very disappointing that the selling dealership has such a terrible service department. We had to go to Elkhart just to get our slide adjusted correctly. A simple adjustment. Yet the dealership couldn't perform a basic adjustment. I'm sorry that people have to go through this process. Thankful that the manufacturer Primetime is a reputable company and stepped up to make it right. We love our unit. Just wish we could have found a better dealership.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #33

Just goes to show that no matter how hard PT tries to work with a dealer, sometimes "you just can't fix stupid" on the dealer side! And that is what contributes to a perception that the manufacturer is being slow in responding to the dealer when in fact, the dealer never contacted them to begin with (especially when parts need to be ordered).
And, I'll bet the tech. never even attempted to read the repair document they sent to the dealer!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 06:18 PM   #34

Our Sanibel is FIXED!

Update from my June post just to let everyone know that PrimeTime has done such a wonderful job in fixing our 2013 Sanibel 3400. No more kitchen slide out problems (bent rams) no more frame flex issues, no more slow draining black/grey tanks. Additionally, Prime Time made a modification to our entertainment storage doors, fixed a side wall near the stairway, replaced the landing legs switch and fine tuned everything so that our girl is better than ever! We have camped now for two weeks and have had zero problems with any of the issues we brought to Prime Time. Again, we really can't adequately express our gratitude for all the work they did for us. Now after eight long months, our camping enthusiasm has returned (even though it's been over 100 degrees down here in Texas). We can't wait for the Texas F.R.O.G. Rally in Kerrville, TX this October to let everyone we know what a great job all the folks at Prime Time did.
P.S. we also would like to thank Dreamer Fifth (on this blog) for his early insight, his his assistance with pictures of the same work done to his rig and his continued friendship during this process. Life is good!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #35

So happy to hear that you have these issues addressed and repaired. We will be up in Elkhart for repairs ourselves. It's a shame that the selling dealer can't be held accountable for their terrible service. We were forced to take it back to Elkhart just to get the slide adjusted. They were adjusting the ram the wrong way, and they are supposed to be professional technician? I am a automotive technician, but I take care and attention, and most importantly responsibility for my repairs. If I didn't repair it correctly, I fixed it for free the second time in. Plus I have pride in my workmanship.

Tags
alignment, sanibel, slide, slide out