Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #1

Sanibel - kitchen slide-out out of alignment

Writing to you all to inquire whether or not other Sanibel or Crusader owners whose trailers are equipped with residential fridges have experienced their kitchen slide-out damaging their kitchen flooring because of a mis-alignment problem? This recently occurred to our 2014 Sanibel 3501. From what I gather, all that weight on a relatively small slide-out may be causing the slide-out rams to "crown" or bend as the slide-out is being opened...resulting in a considerable mis-aligment and tearing into the flooring!!
Currently working with my dealership to rectify this situation. Some reinforcing and extra welding around the rams is likely needed?

Old 09-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #2

Yes ..have a problem with slide tearing the lino just under the fridge...will bring it in to see what has to be done...my last unit seemed to lift up and then down again when it reaches final resting place...this one want to drag across the floor to end

Old 09-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #3

We have not noticed it in our Sanibel 3901 but we've only had it out on two trips so far. We are having terrible troubles with our bedroom slide though. It gets misaligned going out and coming in.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #4

We had our 2013 Sanibel 3400 with an issue with the floor about 6 months ago. We actually think that was caused from a rock that had gotten between the floor and linoleum. Now we have had it in the shop for 2 months after having a blow out that caused a bunch of damage then found out that they had installed shocks on this model that was rubbing the inside of our tires. Now they are fixing the kitchen slide where it wasn't sliding out properly and they found that the lippert frame was bent now they are saying that it still isn't working totally correct and it will start doing it again. Prime Time supposedly told them today that Lippert had a recall on this because the weight is even on that slide. I can't find anything out about a recall though. Waiting for a reply back from Prime Time tomorrow myself. Been getting nothing but the run around with the dealer we are working with. Anybody else had this issue?
Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #5

We have a Sanabel 3500 going inti Elkhart in Nov. we have the frame flex issue also the floor has torn in the kitchen. Our free flex problem was noticed when we had a problem bringing in our bedroom slide. This is a major issue. Anybody with these problems should be in touch with Forrest River to get them fixed. Our dealer (Campkins) has been awesome dealing with our issues. We chose to drive our unit down to Elkhart. We are full timers & did not want to empty our trailer have them pick it up & wait!!!!! This way we have a firm appointment & will be ther to oversee the issues are fixed to our satisfaction
Old 09-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
clr

We had to have our 2015 3601 Sanibel kitchen slide repaired a couple of times. The first time LCI had my dealer replace the gear pack on the slide with the wrong size gear pack. There are two gear pack sizes on the 3601 the kitchen slide pack is 3 and 1/2 inch gears the dinette side gear pack in 3 inches. At the FROG rally two years ago LCI again replaced the kitchen slide gear pack this time with the correct size gears and placed spacers in the side to ensure that the gears remained fully messed.
Then when in the South for the winter I noticed the underside of the side was tearing the black darco wrap. I had a onsite repair tech look at this and he said there was a screw sticking down tearing the wrap and that one of the rollers needed to be replaced. Early this spring I took the unit to the dealer and they had to remove the slide to fix a weak spot in the floor by the roller, replace the roller and remove the screw. I think all of this was caused by (a total) of five pieces of trim parts that were caught under the slide. So a little bit of clean up by the trim guy would on prevented all of these problems I think.
But the good news is that it is now working great. Buy the way I see no crowning of the ram when the room is going in or out.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

I have the Crusader 28RL 2016....not sure if I have the roller or? tried looking under and thought I saw a Teflon block that might be used to slide over Linoleum and carpet,,,whatever it is, it tore the linoleum and on the other slide, it leaving a groove on the lino....when it tore, there was a black oily looking stuff on the floor where the tear was...anybody know what that cud be?
Old 09-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #8

We have the Sanibel 3901 and keep having problems with our bedroom slide. We took it in and of course it opened right up with no problem. Service tech tol us the trailer has to be completely perfectly level before opening slides otherwise they may get out of alignment.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #9

Kitchen Slide Problems

We just finished up a 6300 mile trip and we were forced to complete our trip without being able to use our kitchen slide. Not quite sure what went out first but the slide was adjusted because it was cutting up the flooring before we left. The teeth on the gear were stripped off, I picked up several off the ground under the slide and the whole slide frame is bent and twisted pushing the lower skirt out. Luckily we were able to get it back in without too much trouble. Hope you can tell from the pictures.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

Sanibel Kitchen Slide

Forgot to mention that ours is a 2014 3500

Tags
alignment, sanibel, slide, slide out