Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #1

Sanibel - kitchen slide-out out of alignment

Writing to you all to inquire whether or not other Sanibel or Crusader owners whose trailers are equipped with residential fridges have experienced their kitchen slide-out damaging their kitchen flooring because of a mis-alignment problem? This recently occurred to our 2014 Sanibel 3501. From what I gather, all that weight on a relatively small slide-out may be causing the slide-out rams to "crown" or bend as the slide-out is being opened...resulting in a considerable mis-aligment and tearing into the flooring!!
Currently working with my dealership to rectify this situation. Some reinforcing and extra welding around the rams is likely needed?
dreamer5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #2

Yes ..have a problem with slide tearing the lino just under the fridge...will bring it in to see what has to be done...my last unit seemed to lift up and then down again when it reaches final resting place...this one want to drag across the floor to end
Tula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #3

We have not noticed it in our Sanibel 3901 but we've only had it out on two trips so far. We are having terrible troubles with our bedroom slide though. It gets misaligned going out and coming in.
Lesndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #4

We had our 2013 Sanibel 3400 with an issue with the floor about 6 months ago. We actually think that was caused from a rock that had gotten between the floor and linoleum. Now we have had it in the shop for 2 months after having a blow out that caused a bunch of damage then found out that they had installed shocks on this model that was rubbing the inside of our tires. Now they are fixing the kitchen slide where it wasn't sliding out properly and they found that the lippert frame was bent now they are saying that it still isn't working totally correct and it will start doing it again. Prime Time supposedly told them today that Lippert had a recall on this because the weight is even on that slide. I can't find anything out about a recall though. Waiting for a reply back from Prime Time tomorrow myself. Been getting nothing but the run around with the dealer we are working with. Anybody else had this issue?
emptynest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #5

We have a Sanabel 3500 going inti Elkhart in Nov. we have the frame flex issue also the floor has torn in the kitchen. Our free flex problem was noticed when we had a problem bringing in our bedroom slide. This is a major issue. Anybody with these problems should be in touch with Forrest River to get them fixed. Our dealer (Campkins) has been awesome dealing with our issues. We chose to drive our unit down to Elkhart. We are full timers & did not want to empty our trailer have them pick it up & wait!!!!! This way we have a firm appointment & will be ther to oversee the issues are fixed to our satisfaction
Idylours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
clr

We had to have our 2015 3601 Sanibel kitchen slide repaired a couple of times. The first time LCI had my dealer replace the gear pack on the slide with the wrong size gear pack. There are two gear pack sizes on the 3601 the kitchen slide pack is 3 and 1/2 inch gears the dinette side gear pack in 3 inches. At the FROG rally two years ago LCI again replaced the kitchen slide gear pack this time with the correct size gears and placed spacers in the side to ensure that the gears remained fully messed.
Then when in the South for the winter I noticed the underside of the side was tearing the black darco wrap. I had a onsite repair tech look at this and he said there was a screw sticking down tearing the wrap and that one of the rollers needed to be replaced. Early this spring I took the unit to the dealer and they had to remove the slide to fix a weak spot in the floor by the roller, replace the roller and remove the screw. I think all of this was caused by (a total) of five pieces of trim parts that were caught under the slide. So a little bit of clean up by the trim guy would on prevented all of these problems I think.
But the good news is that it is now working great. Buy the way I see no crowning of the ram when the room is going in or out.
clr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

I have the Crusader 28RL 2016....not sure if I have the roller or? tried looking under and thought I saw a Teflon block that might be used to slide over Linoleum and carpet,,,whatever it is, it tore the linoleum and on the other slide, it leaving a groove on the lino....when it tore, there was a black oily looking stuff on the floor where the tear was...anybody know what that cud be?
Old 09-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #8

We have the Sanibel 3901 and keep having problems with our bedroom slide. We took it in and of course it opened right up with no problem. Service tech tol us the trailer has to be completely perfectly level before opening slides otherwise they may get out of alignment.
Lesndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #9

Kitchen Slide Problems

We just finished up a 6300 mile trip and we were forced to complete our trip without being able to use our kitchen slide. Not quite sure what went out first but the slide was adjusted because it was cutting up the flooring before we left. The teeth on the gear were stripped off, I picked up several off the ground under the slide and the whole slide frame is bent and twisted pushing the lower skirt out. Luckily we were able to get it back in without too much trouble. Hope you can tell from the pictures.
evansmedine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #10

Sanibel Kitchen Slide

Forgot to mention that ours is a 2014 3500
Old 09-13-2015, 06:56 PM   #11

Where are the pics??\
Old 09-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #12

Bad design

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer5th View Post
Writing to you all to inquire whether or not other Sanibel or Crusader owners whose trailers are equipped with residential fridges have experienced their kitchen slide-out damaging their kitchen flooring because of a mis-alignment problem? This recently occurred to our 2014 Sanibel 3501. From what I gather, all that weight on a relatively small slide-out may be causing the slide-out rams to "crown" or bend as the slide-out is being opened...resulting in a considerable mis-aligment and tearing into the flooring!!
Currently working with my dealership to rectify this situation. Some reinforcing and extra welding around the rams is likely needed?

I have an issue with my 2014 Sanibel 3551. Dealer has worked on it 4 times and replaced bottom seal 3 times and it needs another one. I told my dealer that i want to bring it in after camping season and I want to have prime time to be there and he said that could be arraigned. Don't worry Prime Time will get an ear full from me. I paid alot of money for this camper to put up with this problem. Prime Time must not have a Quality Control person. I will keep you informed what happens at the end of November.
cemetery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #13

We also had a tear in our Lino under our residential refrig in our 2015 crusader. Had to have a slide kit added. Luckily still under warranty. Hope it holds up
Roseanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #14

Kitchen slide

My slide isn't tearing the lino anymore after repairs made by the dealer. But my problem now is the under side of slide. My seal is torn and the bottom of slide is being rubbed to death. I'm glad this is warranty work.
cemetery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #15

Exclamation i feel your PAIN

i feel your pain we ordered a 2014 pt crusader 295 rlt in september 2013 and took delivery in feburary 2014 . on the 3rd trip the off door slied the on with the dining table and theater seating ripped rear heat register out of the floor and damaged the center register. took it to the dealer they worked on it for weeks and could not get it right. lippert finaly sent their super tech out and he was unable to do any better. long story short they finally came and took it back to the factory . it was picked up november the 1st 2014 and we were told by roger at pt it would be sometime in december before we got it back it was actually march 2015 before it got back .it came back in worse shape than when it left they relocated the heat registers so the slides could not reach them in the process they scratched every molding around the rear slides scratched the celing of the slide over the dining table about 6 inches long THEIR REPLY WAS WELL IT IS JUST A CAMPER AFTER ALL!!. the bottom of the slide was also damaged from the registers with large chuncks out of it and did nothing to repair it. they said it should not be an issue. now the slide is tearing the carpet at the rear of the coach and marking the floor at the front. to their defense they did give us a one year warranty on the slide repair.have not had the hart to call the dealer to scedule an appointment. all i know is it will not go back to the factory again.

ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK!!
sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #16

Thanks I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this. We are due into Prime Time on Nov 2nd. They have had things added to the work order in July. We have gone from 5 days to three weeks & spoken to like its our fault other problems have cropped up. Now we are looking at 3 weeks. We are full timers this was explained in the beginning & PT said they would cover accommodation. Now that's on a daily basis. We will work with anybody within reason. Not our fault any of this. Now we are wondering how we will be treated when we get there. This trailer is advertised for full timers. So why the surprise when you actually say you are. Not looking forward to how much is it going to cost us on a year old trailer
Old 10-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #17

We have a Crusader 295rst that we purchased this past June. Our kitchen slid is also doing some damage to the linoleum and a little slit. We have an appointment to take to dealership and fix a few minor problems and the slide.

Duane
2011 Toyota Tundra V8 iForce 5.7
2016 Crusader 295RST FW
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #18

Have a 2013 Sanibel 3400 with exactly the same Kitchen slide out problems. First time it happened, had to have a mobil service tech get it realigned enough to get back home. Two camping trips later the same banging,jerking started as the slide was being extended. Our Sanibel has been at the dealership three months now and the techs are finally thinking they are going to have to replace the rails on the slide out. Gears torn up, all kinds of problems and WE are expected to pay for the labor because of the faulty design. Very, very unhappy campers!!!
Raneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #19

Have you tried contacting someone at Forrest River. This seems to be a problem they are well aware of. Elkhart did an amazing job on our problems. We were still under,guarantee. Ours maybe came to head quite quickly as we are full timers. You can but try & see,what happens. Good Luck
Old 03-29-2016, 04:19 PM   #20

Raneil, our problem was covered by warranty, just barely. Fortunately I had a contact at Forest River and I called him when this happened as we were in Montana on vacation. When we got back we brought it in to our dealer around the end of September for repairs and we got it back about a week ago. They had to replace the slide gears, both ram gears, main rail along with all of the brackets and screws holding everything together. Lippert makes the slide for FR so parts had to be ordered from them etc.
Some of the management team from Prime Time came down and inspected our unit and another one with the same problem. It seems like those kitchen slides are just too heavy when the stove and refrigerator are added to them. Our camper is a 2014 and it's been ours for just over two years, and in that time period it has been at the dealers for some type of repair for 10 months.

Tags
alignment, sanibel, slide, slide out