Old 10-06-2017, 08:42 AM   #1
pmf

Sanibel leveling

Good morning,

We have a Sanibel 3751 with six-point leveling system but it still rocks quite a bit. I think part of if not most of is the long slide in the living/kitchen slide. I am trying to decide on a tripod for the front or X-Chocks for the wheels. If anyone has any other recommendations please let me know.

Thanks,
Pat

2017 Ram SRW 3500 Laramie Diesel
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
Good morning,

We have a Sanibel 3751 with six-point leveling system but it still rocks quite a bit. I think part of if not most of is the long slide in the living/kitchen slide. I am trying to decide on a tripod for the front or X-Chocks for the wheels. If anyone has any other recommendations please let me know.

Thanks,
Pat
IMO, tripods do not work very well, x chocks work and would help. Remember the longer you extend the system, the more rock you will have, best to use blocks under the rams to shorten the stroke

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
pmf

I'm going to order some X-Chocks today. Will keep the extension in mind next time we set up.

Thanks,
Pat
2017 Ram SRW 3500 Laramie Diesel
pmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
IMO, tripods do not work very well, x chocks work and would help. Remember the longer you extend the system, the more rock you will have, best to use blocks under the rams to shorten the stroke
I always use lynx blocks under all my rams. I try to keep ram extension within 10 - 12 inches or less if possible. Sometimes, depending on the levelness of the site, I might have more blocks stacked under one side than the other or even front to rear. You will never get rid of ALL the bounce/rocking unless you put the rig up on cinder blocks under the frame. While that may be ok if you're going to be in the same spot for a extended period, it's a hassle if you're moving every weekend or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmf View Post
I'm going to order some X-Chocks today. Will keep the extension in mind next time we set up.

Thanks,
Pat

The X-chocks will minimize the fore & aft motion but again, not completely eliminate it.

Hydraulic levelers are pretty stiff so a tripod probably wouldn't be worth the expense. Tripods work really well on those 5'ers with electric square tubed front landing gear where there is a lot of "play" so they can slide in & out of each other which equates to movement.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, sanibel