Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #121

2016 Sanibel is horrible and so is dealer

Where to start? Cabinet door fell off. Minor repair. Creaking steps over furnace, going into the bedroom. Dealer fixed, kinda. Pulled in the bedroom slide bottom stays out about 3 inches. Dealer repaired, kinda. Sill doesn't work right. I have to out and in a few times to get in. Tank sensors, never worked from new. Dealer repaired, kinda wires were wrong and ground was in wrong spot. The cut open the belly material with a razor knife. They tried to repair the slices with gorilla tape. Material was all hanging down, when we got back from Vacation. I had to duck tape it all up. Called the dealer. They told me to bring it in on Tuesday
I stayed at our campground that night. I was sitting at the dinette and the chair felt like it was leaning to the left. I pulled out the chairs and stepped on the floor. The front left corner, of the slide, went down about 2 inches.
Next morning I took it back to the dealer. I showed them the under belly and the sagging floor. Plus the bedroom slide.
Now they inform me I'm out of warranty. I already talked to PT and I have a 2 yr Warranty. I told them that. Now, after the warranty issue gets resolved, they say it will take 3 weeks to get the membrane. They were supposed to start work on the slide. They can't move the trailer. I have a Gooseneck pin box. I had to drive up and move it for them. Ok, now they said they have to special order the carpet. Wouldn't you do that when you get the approval to do the work? They probably wanted to save the old carpet, that was mildewed.
The dealer won't return our phone calls. I had the manager outside on his knees, showing him all the problems and that no one returns our calls. We have been up there 3 times, plus the time I moved the trailer for them.
I told them I wanted top dollar, for a trade in and a new trailer, at a reduced price. I have about 6 months left on my warranty and Im afraid more is going to go wrong.
Thanks for listing to my rants, but I'm ticked off.

Bob
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Dogbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #122

Reference the fridge. No problem at all while towing as you are charging the battery.

I have one 12 volt battery and it will run the fridge for 6 to 8 hours before it drains low enough and the inverter shut off.
vmfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:09 PM   #123

We have a 2014 Sanibel 3551. Have had more issues than I can list here, the biggest one being a leaking slideout over the couch and dinette. Ruined the couch ( replaced) and the top inside of the slideout. So far everything has been fixed under warranty ( which was extended for six months because of the many issues and complaints from us). It is now out of factory warranty but am extremely glad we bought the extended warranty because next week it is going to dealer to have all the seals replaced on the large back slideouts due to deterioration and tearing. We really like the coach and have plans to travel in it after retirement. Just keep wondering what will be next.
Moochie6903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #124

Well my three month old unit just had the main AC start blowing hot air. And of course the forecast as the 90s who knows when the dealer will get here. It's Wednesday and they said they know by Friday when they can come. Yuk
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:21 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfa View Post
Reference the fridge. No problem at all while towing as you are charging the battery.

I have one 12 volt battery and it will run the fridge for 6 to 8 hours before it drains low enough and the inverter shut off.

Is your fridge a residential style? I killed shore power and the fridge didn't stay on.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfa View Post

Is your refrigerator a residential style.? I still can't get my fridge to come on With the battery and the inverter
Old 08-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #127

Cool We have a 2017 3701

We had problrms with the bed room slide out that took 3 months to fix. We have problems with the refrigerator shelves comming loss and flying around. I have tryed to secure these with not much luck. Ordered the suppot bracket (called a Ladder) so that I drill holes through the sides to place cotter pins through the small that are in the self support arms.
wesdlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #128

Finally got my fridge to work off the inverter. Was incorrectly wired at the factory. Behind the fireplace are 4 plugs they had the microwave and fridge swapped. Also had a new Dometic ac unit installed this week. Hopefully this one last more than a month.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #129

Sanibel owners

Has anybody got input into buying a cover for their Sanabel. I have a Sanabel 3601 the specs say it's 40'2". When I put a tape measure on it I get 42 feet I'm not sure which covered to buy. How does the factory measure ?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moochie6903 View Post
We have a 2014 Sanibel 3551. Have had more issues than I can list here, the biggest one being a leaking slideout over the couch and dinette. Ruined the couch ( replaced) and the top inside of the slideout. So far everything has been fixed under warranty ( which was extended for six months because of the many issues and complaints from us). It is now out of factory warranty but am extremely glad we bought the extended warranty because next week it is going to dealer to have all the seals replaced on the large back slideouts due to deterioration and tearing. We really like the coach and have plans to travel in it after retirement. Just keep wondering what will be next.
We have a 2016 37 ft with the bunk house slide. Issues are non stop.
Bedroom slide wouldn't close on the bottom, Step over the furnace was cracked, making noise. Cabinet door fell off and none of the sensors were working on the holding tanks. Trailer was brand new. They had it 6months. It was all fixed, but not right.
Aug, went to lake George, on vacation, they sliced open the underbelly,to fix the sensors and taped it back up with gorilla tape. The tape didn't hold. The material all came down. Luckily I had duct tape with me. I called them and they said bring it in.
I stayed in the trailer and got ready to bring it down to them, Monday morning. While sitting at the dinette table, the chair was leaning to the left, towards the door. The dinette floor was rotted out in the corner.
Brought it in and showed them all the problems, underbelly, rotten floor and to make stuff worse, the bedroom slide wouldn't go in all the way.
They had it another 5 weeks. They fixed everything. They only patched the dinette floor, with a piece of would that wasn't the same thickness. They taped the seam. Now I have black scuff marks on the rug and kitchen floor. They didn't order the right carpet, told us it would take 3 weeks for it to come in. My wife and I drove to a carpet store and bought a piece of carpet. They cut it to fit and sent it back to the carpet store to get the webbing put on. Don't you think they would have ordered the carpet when the warranty was approved? They patched up the underbelly with the same material that was there originally. At least that was done fairly well.
I had to take my truck up to the dealer to move the trailer. They didn't have the equipment to move it. I put a goose neck pin box on.
The thermostat went bad. I ordered and bought one, for 160 bucks and put it in myself. I waited 3 months to get reimbursed. Two weeks ago the HWH went. They came out to fix it this time. I was the circuit board. The campground is only 1/2 hour away. It took the tec maybe 5min to put it in. I asked what I owed, he said nothing. Under warranty. I get a phone call saying I owe them a road trip fee of $ 75. You can imagine what I said them.
I called and sent emails to Forest River?Primetime and their response was, We have taken everything into consideration and we can't give you an extended warranty. In a few weeks, I will be taking it, to a different location, to be fixed again. It's 2 1/2 hours from camp.
Sorry to rant, but I have had it with these dealers and companies. I'm glad you got your warranty extended. If your unit is anything like mine your going to need it.

Bob
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 12-03-2017, 10:25 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
We have a 2016 37 ft with the bunk house slide. Issues are non stop.
Bedroom slide wouldn't close on the bottom, Step over the furnace was cracked, making noise. Cabinet door fell off and none of the sensors were working on the holding tanks. Trailer was brand new. They had it 6months. It was all fixed, but not right.
Aug, went to lake George, on vacation, they sliced open the underbelly,to fix the sensors and taped it back up with gorilla tape. The tape didn't hold. The material all came down. Luckily I had duct tape with me. I called them and they said bring it in.
I stayed in the trailer and got ready to bring it down to them, Monday morning. While sitting at the dinette table, the chair was leaning to the left, towards the door. The dinette floor was rotted out in the corner.
Brought it in and showed them all the problems, underbelly, rotten floor and to make stuff worse, the bedroom slide wouldn't go in all the way.
They had it another 5 weeks. They fixed everything. They only patched the dinette floor, with a piece of would that wasn't the same thickness. They taped the seam. Now I have black scuff marks on the rug and kitchen floor. They didn't order the right carpet, told us it would take 3 weeks for it to come in. My wife and I drove to a carpet store and bought a piece of carpet. They cut it to fit and sent it back to the carpet store to get the webbing put on. Don't you think they would have ordered the carpet when the warranty was approved? They patched up the underbelly with the same material that was there originally. At least that was done fairly well.
I had to take my truck up to the dealer to move the trailer. They didn't have the equipment to move it. I put a goose neck pin box on.
The thermostat went bad. I ordered and bought one, for 160 bucks and put it in myself. I waited 3 months to get reimbursed. Two weeks ago the HWH went. They came out to fix it this time. I was the circuit board. The campground is only 1/2 hour away. It took the tec maybe 5min to put it in. I asked what I owed, he said nothing. Under warranty. I get a phone call saying I owe them a road trip fee of $ 75. You can imagine what I said them.
I called and sent emails to Forest River?Primetime and their response was, We have taken everything into consideration and we can't give you an extended warranty. In a few weeks, I will be taking it, to a different location, to be fixed again. It's 2 1/2 hours from camp.
Sorry to rant, but I have had it with these dealers and companies. I'm glad you got your warranty extended. If your unit is anything like mine your going to need it.

Bob

I hate hearing that. We had a 2012 3500 first year and first week of production. Other that a crappy Dometic refrigerator we didn’t have any major issues. I guess they took more time then? We have a Sanibel group on FB and it does seem that the newer ones have more issues. We had good care from PT but think most of those folk are gone.
Sanibel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #132

We have a 2017 Sanibel the only issue we’ve had has been the air conditioners and that doesn’t fall under Primetime.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #133

Just got a call from Alpinhaus, Amsterdam. As I thought, all the slide out slide floors are soft/ rotten.
Warranty runs out in March, with all the other issues We want a new trailer.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 PM   #134

We love our 2017 3751. No real issues..standard trim issues and attention to detail items. No different than any other manufacturer. We are not full time but use it every weekend.
kwolrley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 AM   #135

The saga continues. The trailer was done. We drove up 2 weeks ago to pick it up. They did a great job on the floors. They showed us some of the floors they took out. The bedroom slide floor, one corner of the floor was rotted right out. The other dealer put a piece if sheet metal there. Anyway it's done and done right.
Now we go to hook up and the right landing gear wouldn't retract. The part with all the holes wouldn't go in, also a shear pin broke, not allowing the main leg to go up. We had to come home without it. Wasted 6 hours on the ride up and back.
We drove up again, last weekend to pick it up. The battery was dead and I couldn't get close enough to plug it into the truck. Mechanic/ tech came out with a jump box. We got hooked up and got out of there. They were expecting an ice storm, 2 in. Just beat it out.
I swear there is a dark cloud over this trailer. We have owned it 2 years now and it's been in the shop for 1 year. Now it's out of warranty. What's next.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 04-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #136

Slideout underside wear

It finally happened. The material on the underside of the kitchen slideout is fraying and tearing on my 2014 Sanibel. Been reading that Prime Time has been looking for a fix. Anyone know if they have had any success with this? Looks like this is a real problem.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moochie6903 View Post
It finally happened. The material on the underside of the kitchen slideout is fraying and tearing on my 2014 Sanibel. Been reading that Prime Time has been looking for a fix. Anyone know if they have had any success with this? Looks like this is a real problem.
They took mine apart and replaced all the floors on 3 of my 4 slides. If it's tearing the wood is probably swelling from water getting in it. That's what mine did. Alpinehaus replaced all the floors and resealed them. Mine just turned 2 yrs. old. Out of the 2yrs. we have owned it, it's been in the shop for a yr.
Crew Cab 8 ft. bed
Sanibel 38ft QB
Old 05-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #138

Same here. My wife is ready to get rid of it. Seems like problem after problem. I think mine is just wear from going in and out on the support bar. Thinking about installing 1/8 inch plastic several places and see if that helps. Built pretty cheap.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #139

Has anyone experienced de-lamination issues?

Tags
sanibel