Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #11

Loops just noticed I said 2601 instead of 3601. Fat fingers.
Sorry about that. 😕

Chris, Diana and Miss Kitts 😼
2015 Sanibel 3601

Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #12

Sanibel 3901

We purchased a Sanibel 3901 in early December. We didn't have one in our area so we traveled about 4 hours to pickup. I must say we fell in love with this beautiful RV.

Now with that said, our Sanibel is still at the dealer getting all the issues worked out.

We decided to stay at a local campground near the dealership the first night after our purchase. So glad we did. We turned around and dropped the RV off on the way home with our long list of problems to be fixed.

Before I begin let me say Prime Time has fixed every problem except for one right now and there is no indication that they are not going to fix the last issue. The reason I am posting this is to give potential buyers something to look for when they go and buy this first model year Sanibel 3901.

1) When we arrived to purchase we were told there was an issue with the door. When they were doing system checks they opened the front door with the furnace on. Bad design places the heater directly behind the door when it is open and locked in place causing the door to get scorched by the exhaust. They replaced the door but so far no resolution has been offered to prevent this from happening. We are still talking to dealer about a resolution.

2) The heat from the furnace did not make it back to the bedroom or bathroom. This cause it to be cooler back near the thermostat and hot in the front of the RV. What was found was blockage in the duct work during manufacturing. They put bracing in the duct work. All the blockage was removed.

3) The spare tire was mounted under the back end of the trailer. Somewhere between the dealer and the campground we lost the spare tire. The dealer found the tire was too close to the ground and that when we hit a bump the tire hit the ground and ripped it out of its holder. They replaced tire and moved the tire and holder to the front of the trailer with a greater ground clearance.

4) A side window opening mechanism was defective and allowed the window to flop open as we drove. They replaced the mechanism and repaired.

5) Another window looked like they added caulk around the window. They had trimmed off excess caulk and damaged a piece of trim. Looked like crap. They removed the window cleaned up and replaced window with a more professional look as well as replaced the decal.

6) A piece of trim on top of the linen closet fell off on the trip from dealership to campground. Upon inspection it looked like the nails missed the nailer board during installation. They re-installed the trim.

7) The black water flush system was not working. We hooked up water and turned on with the black water tank open and no water came out. It was found to be piped wrong with the check valve and it had a defective check valve. The replaced the check valve and re-piped to fix.

8) We had problems connecting the cable connection. It had two cable connections and a satellite connection. It was found to have one cable not installed and the other cable connection was connected to satellite and satellite was connected to the other cable. This was straightened out.

9) The auto leveling system worked well with the exception of the fact the trailer was not level when it said it was. We slept with the blood rushing to our head. They calibrated the leveling system.

10) Before we left the dealership it was found that the lights over the dinette wouldn't come on. They found the fuse not in it slot properly.

11) The two sleeper couches that are across from each other in the living room are nice but you can only use one at a time as a sleeper. Both beds are too long to open at the same time. Not an issue for us but in reality is sleeps at least one less than they advertise.

Okay this was all found in our first night. Now we are going to pick up soon and we are a little afraid as to what we might find on the second night.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #13

I had a list of things to have fixed also when i bought my 3600. I watched a video on you tube on how they put the trailers together, not the sanibel but holy cow they were flying like it was a competition. Maybe they should slow down and do it right,
Old 03-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #14

I agree. I really like their product and they seem to stand behind their product but as a customer who is greatly inconvenienced I would prefer them to get it right the first time.
tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #15

What kind of truck do you use to tow with?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:45 PM   #16

We are the owners of a 2013 3501 Sanibel, and although we had some structural issues, as did many 3501 2013 owners, we are very happy with the service to repair and fix this issue. Prime Time has stepped up to the plate on this one, and I am proud to say that we own one fine unit. They even re-did some minor repairs while fixing the big issue. Thank you Prime Time in Elkhart. You made us some very happy owners.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-16-2015, 11:07 PM   #17

That is great to hear.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #18

We have a 2015 3601 Sanibel, we love our Sanibel and had some issues with it. We full time in our unit. I have talked with many people who have different brands ranging from pricing and I can testify that .EVERYONE HAS ISSUES, Our neighbors has a very nice redwood, And he can't even stand on his slide without the roof cracking. I had another friend that had a custom made trailer and has slide and frame issue. So it varies.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #19

We haven't been as lucky. We purchased a new 2015 Sanibel 3601 on Feb. 10 and it's been in for repairs on all 3 slides plus over a dozen other things both major and minor. Because it's been unusable since day 1, we don't even know what all else might be wrong with it. Received a call today that said it's "fixed" so we'll pick it up Wed. and take it to a campground close by for a few days. At this point we're just happy we've had our house to live in while all this was happening. Wasn't buying a brand new rv supposed to be fun?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #20

Sanibel 3901

You have every right to be concerned. Please check out our post above.

We received our coach back around the 1st of April just in time to take it to Arizona for our first real trip. Took our Rig home showed it off to family since it had been in the shop since day 2 of original purchase. Packed it up for our trip out west from Maryland.

As we traveled we noticed the fancy plastic trim over the wheels sort of flapped in the wind and in some places the lower skirt vibrated. During our first gas stop. I noticed screws around the outside of the coach backing out. So I grabbed a screw driver and tightened prior to getting underway. Well this continued and the screws got to the point where they wouldn't tighten good. The plastic was cracking around the screw holes.

Somewhere around New Mexico someone pointed out that our spare tire was starting to lower and swing. We raised it back in place and ventured on.

We made it to Arizona with only a few missing screws and cracked plastic over the tire or so we thought. We quickly started to uncover the many issues.

First one living room bump out wouldn't work. Acted as if it was jammed on one side. It was not. Called dealer to find out how to resolve. Suggested that we call mobile repair since it came out a little before issue started. Long story short, the repair guy called Prime Time and could not get any information or help. Needless to say we spent the entire week with the bump out stuck in.

2) We found one Pendant light over the dinette dangling with the wiring all damaged. Being an electrician took care of this. Just what I wanted to do after 3 days of travel.

3) Moved back to the bedroom and found the stuff my wife stored on the top shelf in the closet had broke through and fell. Just spare sheets for the bed. Found the Manufacturer didn't put a top shelf board on the shelf so the sheets were just sitting on the decorative bottom board that was just tacked in place to the frame of the shelf.

4) Also found various pieces of trim pulled apart.

5) While leveled up with our fancy new hydraulic system we noticed a popping sound and the trailer vibrate like the hydraulics was slipping from time to time.

6) Well about 3 days at the camp ground I decided to hook up the sewage line to drain off some of the gray tank. To my surprise I was greeted with a lap full of sewage when I took off the cap. I always check the valve before open so I wasn't prepared for the amount that had accumulated in the drain piping. Found the slide gate wouldn't seal.

So time to come home.

7) Hooked up the fancy black water flush system that was repaired from the first go around only to find water running from everywhere under the coach. Needless to say still haven't got to use this feature.

8) Which moves me back to doing it the old fashion way. We are experienced from our previous camper with filling the tank a few times to flush. Problem was there seem to be a great deal of sewer gas coming up while flushing. Too much to keep open for even a few minutes without it being unbearable. To me it seamed as if the vent was clogged.

9) After the unbearable smell we noticed the black water tank would not completely drain. looked to be a few inches of water and paper still in tank. Verified trailer level and valve open but still would not drain all the way.

10) Wife always wipes down all the sinks and shower surrounds before pulling out only to find a clear rtv in a few small spots. After further review of those areas the RTV was used to cover spider cracks in the fiberglass surround.

11) Forgot to mention the door near the TV that would not stay closed during the trip and was damaged from smacking the bump out on the trip down. We tried adjusting the latch but turned out not to help. We did protect it for the trip home.

Finally on the road home. A little nervous about the vibration and loosing of screws issue.

12) We quickly learned that that issue seems to be getting worse. Every 200 miles we stop for gas and tighten screws except for around Texas we discovered one of the plastic wheel trims broke around all the screw holes and blew off. So we took the other one off since it was missing 2 screws already.

13) The next gas station we noticed the plastic under the coach used to seal off the tanks and keep heat in had detached itself but didn't completely come off. Luckily we made it back with this still just flapping in the wind.

Already called the dealer to warn them they were getting the coach back. Service manager agreed to meet us there to walk down the problems no matter what time we arrived.

14) Made it back to Virginia, only to find our spare tire was hanging a few inches from the ground again.

15) On our final walk down at our last fuel stop we notice even more screws missing and some ripped sheet metal skirting from flexing.

So with that said our camper is back in the shop for round 2 of major repairs. Did I mention we live 4.5 hours from the dealer?

tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sanibel