Old 05-21-2015, 05:33 PM   #31

Sanibel 3901

Wow, sorry to hear your having issues as well. Is your coach being worked on or did you trade it in when items were repaired?

How is Prime Time resolving your issues?

tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #32

Well after reading all of this I think we will look at other options s if we decide to upgrade. Really liked the Palamino Columbus and the Grand Design Solitude but the Solitude is quite pricy.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #33

We were blessed our dealership is working with us on the situation. We are looking into buying a different unit. We searched high and low and can't move past the Sanibels for the price and what they have to offer to fit our needs and wants. I do believe we may have just bought a lemon and at this point I am leaning on buying a different model. Anyone with any advise please pitch in good or bad and post the model. I have to have certian things; winterized, 6pt auto, res fridge, large shower and decent bathroom, 10-12 gal hot water heater. I have a limit on how much I can spend as well, I keep looking for other options and end up right back at a Sanibel.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #34

We like the Grand Design as well. In Canada they are all pricy so that doesn't matter to us really.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:57 PM   #35
DDC

Wow we were just looking at a 3901 today and it looks good, are they all this bad, does anyone have anything positive to say about them, I don't care if prime time steps up to the plate I want a so called top line unite to be just that, we all know that problems can happen but reading these posts are scary.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #36

Exactly DDC
Old 05-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #37

I know that grand design is now doing 2 pre delivery inspections before they leave the factory. I have a 2014 Sanibel 3600 had little issues but nothing like Countryguril20.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:41 AM   #38

Update on our Sanibel 3901

Picked up our coach in Aug from the dealer after dropping it off in April from our nightmare Arizona trip. We spent the night at local campground near deal to checkout some of the repairs.

Overall they did a good job. One side of the coaches skirting was still a little shaky so they cut me some angle and told me to screw the skirting to the frame.

One important thing that came from the dealer was they took measurements to determine if our coach had excessive flex with the frame. It was determined that it did not. I was concerned about this because of the excessive sealing putty being pushed out.

Also the leaking by black tank valve was not fixed. They said they tried to replace it three times and could not fix it so they add another valve at the end of the discharge pipe.

When we were packing up to take the coach home we discovered the blackout tank was taking a long time to clean out even with the flush out system.

When we returned home we looked further into the black tank issue only to find with the black tank valve open there was an inch of sewer left in the tank due to the tank sagging and the hole cutout for the toilet to the black tank floating in the tank. Of course I stuck my phone down in the tank and videoed the inside of the tank to show how much was left in tank and sent to Manufacture. After they questioned my ability to clean out a tank they agreed that the tank may need to be replaced.

We also have issues with the furniture in the living area. Both couches not opening at same time and the recliner next to the couch opens but rubs on the side of the couch hard. This will eventually tear the couch or chair.

Another issue is there are no receptacles other than the one behind the tv in the living room. We have 4 in the kitchen, 5 in the bedroom. Two inside the closet, really? That doesn't even include the washer receptacle in the bedroom.

So we went to Harrisburg show and spoke to the manufacture rep standing in the middle of the coach they had on display. Of course he was attentive and mad promises that they will replace our furniture and take care of all of our issues. We he got back to Indiana he handed our case off to Rick K. which is the one who questioned our ability to clean out the tank to begin with.

We have an appointment for Dec 3 to take our coach to a different dealer where they are going to take care of our problems. So we are feeling okay that things may get finally fixed.

We had a trip scheduled for End of Oct for three week trip to Orlando Florida so this should go well so we hoped.

We leave out heading down 95 and stop several places for gas and again notice screw backing out all around the coach and sides vibrating around the coach. Lost a few screws.

We stopped at the south of the boarder to find the black seam strip missing on driver side and ready to fall off on passenger side. With this the driver side flexed so much that the side wall popped out of the trim. With much concern about the safety of this coach we contacted dealer to get permission to move this coach any further. Dealer felt we cold continue without any issues so we finished our trip.

Once we arrived at our destination at got setup we discovered the hot water heaters pressure relief valve was popping off. After several attempts we called dealer and they called a service tech to replace the pressure relief valve.

Once setup I inspected the front of the coach for further damage. With rain coming I wanted to check the nose cone area to see what affect the flexing might of had. Good thing we checked because the lap seal was thin and showed signs of stretching. We removed the damaged lap seal and caulked to prevent damage from the rain.

At this point I am steaming. I am stressed out from looking in my rear view mirror for hours worrying something else is going to happen or fall off. I sat down and sent the dealer and manufacturer an email with our concerns and demanded that our coach be replaced. This coach is a safety hazard and has caused us nothing but stress on every trip we have taken.

The dealer contacted us right away and ensured us he is staying on the manufacture to make this right. Several days later Rick K. from Forest River called. He had nothing to say that made us feel comfortable about our situation.

He suggested that we keep our appointment in Dec. They will have that dealer take some measurements to see if there is too much flexing. What the pictures I sent you with the side of the coach coming apart wasn't proof enough?

If the dealer can't fix all of our problems then they will take it back to the manufacturer and fix our coach. So far very few of the problems the dealers have fixed have been fixed to our satisfaction and have reoccurred.

About a week into this trip we loose all of our GFCI receptacles in the coach. Being an electrician, I had the proper tools on hand to troubleshoot this problem and fix myself. That doesn't change to severity of the problem or the damage this problem could have caused. I found the neutral on the line side of the the bathroom GFCI receptacle not tightened down at all. The arcing eventually prevented the neutral from conducting. The rest of the GFCI receptacles in the coach are wired from this device. I guess I need to pull all the receptacle to make sure everything is tight to prevent a fire.

It is our educated opinion (experience with this coach) that this coach is not road worthy. It holds up well to small back road trips but when taken to the open road it falls apart. Our 2015 Sanibel 3901 is a safety hazard that the manufacturer has refused to acknowledge and the dealer is unable to fix correctly. With the manufacturer's cautious approach in accepting responsibility and after a year of repeated problems with no resolve. It is time to take legal action against this manufacturer if they do not replace our coach with one we feel comfortable pulling behind us.
tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #39

Prime time need s to recall the 3901
Old 10-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #40

After having our 3901 for 6 months we traded it back in on a new 3601 an been very happy with it.

Tags
sanibel