Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 02:12 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb6463 View Post
Well to bring this post up to date. (I know you all are tired of hearing about our coach problems) Good year replaced all for tires on our coach for $104 installed with new Marathons. They would have given us full credit toward the 614 but the wheels were not rated for that size tire and Good year refused to mount them on our rims.Would have needed to buy new rims as well. Chose to keep the Marathons for now.

Took the coach to new dealer recommended by Primetime to look at all our current issues. Showed up to the dealer with a 5 page report and spent 2.5 hrs walking down all the issues.

Received a call from the dealer today and we have been informed that the coach needs to go to Indiana to repair the frame flexing issue so they will make all the other repairs while there.

I hope this doesn't take real long but if they fix all of our problems we will be happy. Getting tired of going to the dealer after each trip.

Did the GY dealer bother to check the stampings on your wheels? Mine are stamped for 110 psi which I believe is the max TP for the GY G614. The GY dealer I ended up at in Mt. Airy, NC looked at the rims and didn't see an issue.

And not to worry.....PT will get everything done in Wacarusa, IN. I've been there, I know!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #62

The issue the GY dealer had was the tire was rated for max 3780 lbs and the max weight on the rim was stamped at 3550 lbs (may be off by a few lbs each way) so there reasoning was someone could try to load the trailer IAW the tire limits and it would exceed the rim rating. They told me no one would mount these tires on my rims. Being at GY's mercy and having to work though my local dealer to get the full reimbursement I chose to buy the argument and get the new tires.

Thank for the encouragement and I hope the manufacturer does as well as others have expressed.
tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 03:57 PM   #63
Ready to Go

We love our 2013 3500. And yes after two very expensive blow outs I switched to LTX Michelin and yes even the spare.

2001 F250 SD 7.3 Turbo
2013 Sanibel 39' 5th wheel.
JeffLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #64

We have had our Sanibel for a couple of years now. The biggest issue we have had is slide issues. We believe the problem started after one dealer repaired the torn linoleum then we had a blow out that rip the side out pretty good. That dealer still didn't fix our slide issue and now we have it back to the original dealer still trying to get our kitchen slide fixed. This has been a real nightmare to say the least. Really hoping we get this resolved so we can go on our planned camping trip in a couple of weeks.
emptynest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #65

Talking Love our new Sanibel 3901

Had it delivered New Year's Day. We had a leak at the kitchen sink, easy fix; our levelers worked but sloped to rear of coach. My husband played with the manual switches and fixed it so my equilibrium wasn't messin with me.
We are full timers but not traveling with it. We have it set up at a RV Resort in Apple Valley CA and travel instead with our Cougar 296RL. We don't have a truck big enough to pull this beast
We're not retired for another year or 2 so we have no plans to move our "home."
Each day driving home from work feels like I'm headed to vacation. So far we are enjoying our Sanibel & 5th wheel living.
New to tiny living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to tiny living View Post
Had it delivered New Year's Day. We had a leak at the kitchen sink, easy fix; our levelers worked but sloped to rear of coach. My husband played with the manual switches and fixed it so my equilibrium wasn't messin with me.
We are full timers but not traveling with it. We have it set up at a RV Resort in Apple Valley CA and travel instead with our Cougar 296RL. We don't have a truck big enough to pull this beast
Each day driving home from work feels like I'm headed to vacation. So far we are enjoying our Sanibel & 5th wheel living.

Welcome to the Sanibel family. The leveling problem is a minor issue. Sounds like it needs to be re-calibrated.....easy process. Get it level manually like you did. I use a 2' level on the floor at the entry door and check front to rear & left to right. Turn the unit off. Now press the front button 10 times then the rear button 10 times. The unit will now turn itself on & check calibration. When prompted, press "enter" to save the settings ........& you're done.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:33 PM   #67

Quote:
Your coach should do well keeping it in a park. Most of our issue were contributed to longer trips. We made a few local trip and had no problems. When we to to the open road things went south quickly.

I hear good things about prime time repair work so we are looking forward to getting our list of problems repair right and back on the road.

We love our 3901 just not all the problems that has came with it.

Follow rracer5 calibration procedure it works well and is easy.

Safe travels ��
tlamb6463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #68

Hey, the Tampa Super Show is next week and we are looking forward to our Purchase.....3551r, We will post pics..well maybe not ours because it won't be here then. I am glad you did grt the leveling system working, we took a Real Good class on the system in Goshen right from Lippert.
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Welcome to the Sanibel family. The leveling problem is a minor issue. Sounds like it needs to be re-calibrated.....easy process. Get it level manually like you did. I use a 2' level on the floor at the entry door and check front to rear & left to right. Turn the unit off. Now press the front button 10 times then the rear button 10 times. The unit will now turn itself on & check calibration. When prompted, press "enter" to save the settings ........& you're done.
Thanks for the advice. I read your post to my husband and he responded, "How cool." I think that means, he's on it.

tlamb6463 sorry to hear your traveling issues, but glad you enjoy your 3901.

I have one more issue. We heard having a frig in the slide is a problem. Since we aren't pulling the slide in and out, we didn't address that on our walk thru. Well, our freezer is set at the recommended 0 degrees and is frosting over. My husband pressed the humidity control (it had been raining) and it helped but it is still frosting the light, so i have to remove the little icicles, the edges of the ice tray and drawers. We found out the ice maker and filtered water were never hooked up. Does the frig have to be removed to fix this?
Thanks for any recommendations. It's great knowing there is experience out there.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Hey, the Tampa Super Show is next week and we are looking forward to our Purchase.....3551r, We will post pics..well maybe not ours because it won't be here then. I am glad you did grt the leveling system working, we took a Real Good class on the system in Goshen right from Lippert.
The excitement is awesome isn't it. Love to see pics. They didn't offer classes to learn the systems, wish they had, we'd have been at all of them.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #71

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I read your post to my husband and he responded, "How cool." I think that means, he's on it.

tlamb6463 sorry to hear your traveling issues, but glad you enjoy your 3901.

I have one more issue. We heard having a frig in the slide is a problem. Since we aren't pulling the slide in and out, we didn't address that on our walk thru. Well, our freezer is set at the recommended 0 degrees and is frosting over. My husband pressed the humidity control (it had been raining) and it helped but it is still frosting the light, so i have to remove the little icicles, the edges of the ice tray and drawers. We found out the ice maker and filtered water were never hooked up. Does the frig have to be removed to fix this?
Thanks for any recommendations. It's great knowing there is experience out there.

Since the fridges are in the slide PT doesn't run water lines to them because of winterizing issues and freezing issues. It's difficult to insulate a water line exposed under an open slide.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #72

Thanks rracer5, it makes sense. Guess we'll buy a bag of ice
And double thanks for the steps for leveling. My husband followed your directions as soon as I read your post to him. It's all good now!
Old 01-12-2016, 04:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Thanks rracer5, it makes sense. Guess we'll buy a bag of ice
And double thanks for the steps for leveling. My husband followed your directions as soon as I read your post to him. It's all good now!

We just went out and got this at Sams Club. http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Compact-...gloo+ice+maker
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
We just went out and got this at Sams Club. http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Compact-...gloo+ice+maker
Gotta love Sams Club & Costco.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #75

We pick ours up in April. Sanibel 3251. cant wait to move in been living in 23' TT.
ozarkff34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:19 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkff34 View Post
We pick ours up in April. Sanibel 3251. cant wait to move in been living in 23' TT.

Oh Lord, bet you can't wait!!
Old 03-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #77

Sofa bed

Just bought a 2016 Sanibel. Is anyone having trouble with the sofa bed. It seems like a bad design.
Raymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #78

Anyone have troubles with their furnace? The check valve on water pump must stick too, because fresh water tank over flows when hooked up to city water.
oldgreymayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:38 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Just bought a 2016 Sanibel. Is anyone having trouble with the sofa bed. It seems like a bad design.

What model? We have the Lane furniture in ours. We put a very fluffy quilted topper on ours & that made it much more comfortable. And, it still folded up with the topper still on.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgreymayor View Post
Anyone have troubles with their furnace? The check valve on water pump must stick too, because fresh water tank over flows when hooked up to city water.

What kind of furnace troubles?

Tags
sanibel