Old 09-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Satellite/Cable Wiring Issues Orange Coax

I know there are threads out there on this already, but I have isolated my issue to a specific orange coax cable and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if I simply have a bad cable.

In my 290RLT TE I have the typical CABLE/SATELLITE jacks outside and in. The cable works fine for cable or antenna. However, I have never been able to get the SATELLITE input to work with my DirecTV Slimline Dish and HD HR-24 Receiver. I knew my alignment was good because it worked fine if I bypass the trailer wiring. I replaced all of the white coax jacks with 3.0GHz yellow jacks for the DirecTV to see if that would help. Still always got a message that the DirecTV could not communicate with the satellite. Finally I swapped the cables designated SATELLITE and CABLE and the DirecTV immediately started working with the cable that was originally designated for CABLE. I just had to unhook it from the antenna/splitter behind the TV wall jack to run direct to the DirecTV receiver.

I noticed that the Satellite cable that I can't get to work is an orange cable. It says RG6/U 3.0GHz but the other RG6/U that was designated for the CABLE and that works for my Direct is a normal looking black coax. I was just curious if anyone else has had specific issue with these orange coax cables or if I just have a bad one.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #2

I would call it just a bad cable, my guess would be a bad ground at one of the F connectors.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #3

I will try crimping on new connectors at both ends to see if that fixes it. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

I like the twist on ones, you can reuse them.

I'm cheap like that.....
Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #5

Are there Sat connections at other TVs as well? If so, they put splitters on the Sat wire which will have to be removed. If there is only the one Sat outlet inside the RV, then I agree that it's either bad fittings or a bad cable.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #6

Crusader 290 RLT
I also was unable to receive SAT signal from the connection outside connector to the inside connector. Discover that the unit has two orange coaxial cables that run in the wire harness. So the problem was the cable that was hook up to the input outside connector was not connected to the inside wall plate. So with the help of a mirror and flashlight looking behind the inside wall plate I did fine the second orange coaxial cable with no connector on it. Installed connector on cable and removed the cable that was connected to the inside wall plate and then installed new cable on wall plate. All working fine.

Tags
satellite, wiring