Old 03-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #11

Hope you'll be as happy as we are! One suggestion is to buy a good waste dump hose and a clear plastic connector as the hose that comes with the unit is something that you'll want to upgrade.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #12

You got a hose with yours? I didn't. Anway, I have only had mine out 2 weekends last year and had a couple of minor problems being it was brand new. Nothing to turn me off to the great layout it has. I am anxiously waiting to get it out this year. I am already prepping it for this year. I have reservations for this year already.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
290RLT with 06 Ram Diesel

Smile 290RLt doing fine!

We purchased our 290RLT about eight months ago and have only made short (long weekend) trips with it (4).........so far so good. I love the slam doors and the great aerodynamics of this thing. Mileage is up 1 to 2 mpg over a smaller 1000lb lighter TT we traded in. Great! We have had only one small issue:
- bulb seal pulled away on one side of living room slide when openned. Reglued, now fine.
Pro's:
-Fit and finish is great, inside and out, and we get lots of complements at the parks.
-We have the Schwintek slide only in the bedroom and all the slides have worked as advertised so far.
-The BBQ grill that came with the unit is a pretty good one. The modification I made was cutting some heat vents in the interior heat plate (so more heat could rise up to the grill). Also purchased an adapter and longer hose so I could hook it up to the curb-side propane tank and use the grill more to the front near the door (picnic table is usually in that area). The grill converts to a table top configuration and I don't care to put on of those wall brackets on the side of the RV (too much heat too close!).
-Slam doors
-Storage is good
-Windows that will open......all the way open!
Cons (a few minor ones):
- Wish the buffet was about 4 inches narrower left to right......that would give more space to the dinning area.
- Wish it was wired for a second AC unit.
Yes......we love this RV so far.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #14

We just picked it up yesterday so we have not used it yet but we will. I questioned the salesman about the 50A service for a unit with only one A/C. I asked if it was factory wired for a second A/C and if that's why it was 50A. He said he would check and later returned and said yes. Did I get BS'd?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #15

No, you didn't get bs'd. At the camper show I heard a salesmam say the 2012 models were wired for 2nd AC. Too bad we bought ours last August.

2012 Crusader 290RLT
2010 Ford F-250 King Cab Diesel
Harley Davidson Edition
jriddering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriddering View Post
No, you didn't get bs'd. At the camper show I heard a salesmam say the 2012 models were wired for 2nd AC. Too bad we bought ours last August.

Thanks....great news. I liked the salesman and that would have really cheesed me off. I don't know if we will need the second a/c but it's nice to know everything is there if we want to add it.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #17

Again we have the 320 which of course is a little larger,but in using it the one time inFl. at WDW this past Oct. we found that it handled the close to 90 degree heat just fine and it has only the one unit.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattVader View Post
Again we have the 320 which of course is a little larger,but in using it the one time inFl. at WDW this past Oct. we found that it handled the close to 90 degree heat just fine and it has only the one unit.

Good to know. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #19

I've owned a 290RLT since February of 2011. Only minor issues. Unit has performed well. Have had no issues with slideouts (schwintek in bedroom only), soundbar has been in place with no ghosts turning unit on, or any other "common issues" discussed here. I do have a few "complainants". Wish it was 50 amp and wired for 2nd a/c, fixed antenna does not get good reception, could use more heat vents in kitchen/living room area, and the biggest issue I have is the rear chair on the road side of the unit does not fit when the slide is closed. Chair has to be moved to bring in road side slide. I stack the 4 dining room chairs on one side of the table and put the chair between the table and counter below TV. That is the only setup issue I have. It looks like Prime Time is making some improvements like 50 amp service, batwing antennas, etc. This is only my second travel trailer and I did quite a bit of research before I purchased. I'll say one thing, I would buy this unit again. It's built well and Prime Time is first class to deal with. Sorry so long.

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
16K Curt manual slider hitch
2011 Prime Time Crusader 290RLT
rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
Air Force Retiree

Smile 290rtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin View Post
Thanks to everyone. Based on what I read it seems like a good unit so I put the deposit down today. Stay tuned!
Your going to be happy with the new 290RTL. I got my 2012 last fall and used it quit abit. You wife will love it too with all the cabinet space. I run out of items before storage space. Alot of features in it indicates that some woman must have had something to do with the features. Like the storage behind the bed headboard. I got some stack baskets at H/D that worked great for added storage of clothes in the bedroom closets. One thing I did was built a 4" shadow box the put it into the wall of the clothes closet on the left side of the bed. It sticks into the closet but does not effect anything hanging in there. needed someplace on that side to put a glass,cup or misc.

Tags
290rlt