Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #11
Thank everyone. All great advice.
It's not so much the packing list as the which button to turn on first!!

We are planning a trip close to home and with the crazy spring weather we are having that will factor into our plans as well. We will go rain or shine....isnt that what camping is all about!

Have a great week everyone.

The MacKenzies

TrailerMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #12
Lots of good advice here, welcome to the PT Crew!

Jason and Billie
2005 Dodge Ram 2500, 4X4, QC/SB 5.9L Cummins
15k non-sliding Hidden Hitch (they lied, it's not hidden at all)
2011 Prime Time Crusader 320RLT
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #13
Congratulations on your new camper! just take your time and everything will be fine! just watch when you fuel up look for rv friendly stations, one of the first times I fueled up was at a small gas station the attendent came out and said to me I can really handle this rig I was patting my self on the back when I looked up and saw a overhang and my trailer was about 2" away from it! never saw it so take your time and keep looking up! have fun.
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
Don't be will love it....One of the most common mistakes people make when going from a PUP to a trailer is with the black and gray water tanks. Make sure that you do not open the tanks until you are ready to dump. Some people think thay should leave them open to drain. Do not do it. You will have a p@@p teepee in your tank. Do not drain either tank until they are half full or you are pulling out. Dump the black first. You can then hook up the hose to the black tank flush and flush it out more. Finally dump the grey (helps to flush solids out of your hose). My brother learned the hard way. Like others suggest, I also recommend driveway camping and turn everthing on and setup. You had more setup with the PUP. Congrats and welcome to the PT Crew. You were smart and missed the step I made...that is PUP to Hybrid to Trailer. Good Luck.
2011 Lacrosse 318BHS Touring Edition
2012 Ford F150 SupCrew 4x4 XLT 6.5' Max Tow
padave65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #15
Oh --- our first trip was hilarious and fun. We went from tent camping 10 years before to a TT. The dealer (pre-Primetime TT) didn't explain everything very well so we basically just winged it. From the awning to dumping the sewer!!! Thankfully our neighbors next to us helped us out and gave us pointers. Make sure you take pen and paper for those "ah ha - should have or wish I" moments.

I love our 318BHS everything is so much easier than the other TT to set up, so you are starting out with a good one.

Plug in your outside fridge pull up a chair and relax!
Amy & Tom Layne
Prime Time Crew Member #31
2012 Lacrosse 318BHS
Luvtocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Congrats on your purchase. One of the great things about rv'ing is that everyone is friendly and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask you neighbor for help or advice. Like others have stated, take your time and you will be fine. You've already got the first step down. As soon as the key is removed from the ignition, pop a top and enjoy your stay.

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6L Diesel
16K Curt manual slider hitch
2011 Prime Time Crusader 290RLT
rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
Send a message via Yahoo to drb1256
This site has every checklist you can imagine. Try Need An RV Checklist?... Here Are All The Best Checklists For RVers - The Fun Times Guide to RVing

Good Luck!
drb1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
Ok that is one load of check lists...thanks...we should be all set now!!!!
TrailerMacKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
Did the same thing from a pop up to a 30 foot V lite. BIG difference! Just remember to swing wide for that extra length, and make sure to have a good sway control system. You'll get used to it- but it does take a little practice and time! Congrats on the new rig, Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
Site Team
I went back and watched a PDI to get a refresher course on what to do. I checked with the service department first and assured everyone I would keep quiet until the new owners left.

Some of my first-to-do steps includes:
  • Checking how level the trailer is.
  • Hooking up electric & water and making sure it works before disconnect the trailer from the hitch.
  • Lowering stab. jacks and rechecking how level the trailer is.
I used to connect the sewer hose right away but now I wait until it is needed. This way there is less chance of someone stepping on it as well as less sun beating down on it.

Campground neighbors are wonderful source of knowledge.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote