Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

Schwintek limiter?

Sorry to start two different topics at nearly the same time, but humor me please just this once.

I had asked the tech doing my pdi today about this but he was unclear. Is there a limit switch on the schwintek slide out? Basically, when sliding it out using the rocker switch, will it keep trying to push out once it hits the wall or does it cut out the motor? It seemed that while running it in that it stopped and then reversed itself just a little all on its own.

My slide is not a full wall slide (top to bottom) and it does not close flush with the side of the trailer. It closes right up again the rubber gasket tight so maybe that's just how these non full height slides operate? Input from any other 250 owners much appreciated (and how the heck do you get into that top bunk without a skinny ladder of some sort?)
coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #2

I'm gonna bump this because I have found clarification through lots of googling. If you have the schwintek slide out (two aluminum tracks on the sides of the slide-out), you depress the slide button and hold it for 2-5 seconds AFTER the slide has stopped in either direction. Do not stop the slide, it should either be full out or full in.

Holding the button down does not hurt the motors, the brain box keeps them in sync and synchronizes them every time if you hold the button till after it stops. Failure to do this will result in over stressing one of the motors and may give the appearance that one motor is burned out.

So to answer my own question, there is a limiter on the schwintek system, it cannot be over cranked in the in or out position.
coolzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:09 AM   #3

I'm glad you found an answer to your question. Thanks for coming back to this thread and posting it. That is great information for FRF members with that type of slideout.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I'm glad you found an answer to your question. Thanks for coming back to this thread and posting it. That is great information for FRF members with that type of slideout.

Agreed and one that dealers suck at highlighting. I had no idea until I read it on another thread.