Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #1

sealant callout sheet

I was wonering if Prime Time offered a Sealant callout sheet for my 2011 Crusader 298 BHD ?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #2

Never heard of anything like that. For the outside you can use Dicor Lap seal or it's sister product that does not flow as much.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #3

Sorrry, I should of gave an example. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/..._g_sealant.pdf

For me, it would act as a helpful check sheet, and I could set a schedule for sections.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
Commercial Member

That's an interesting check sheet. I printed it off and gave it to our service people for review.

Unfortunately, we don't currently have anything like that but every dealer offers a variety of products that all serve similar purposes.

Thanks for sharing.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #5

Thanks RVGUY,
I think this would be coming from where it was built. I would be very surprised if the factory did not have a sheet like this.
For me, the maintenance against leaks and water damage is very important, and it’s what kills units. The manual is pretty general when talking about checking seams for leaks. Sure, I know to look at all the seams a few times a year and apply the Dico sealant on it. However, that hasn’t always worked out for me, and a seam that I didn’t expect to leak did. I guess why I’m concerned so much about leak on my new 5th wheel is that I have had two models before this that had water damage from a seam that was hardly noticeable, and then the “de-lam” starts, and we trade it in for one without problems. I have a new unit again and love it. I want keep it unit I get my 30k investment back (somewhat), and plan on taking every measure to the fullest extent, including have a “ bubble seal check done every spring.
A check sheet like this would provide me with more knowledge about protecting my investment before I curse out the manufacturer on how cheap their model was when I could have been more proactive on maintenance and up-keep.