Old 02-25-2018, 09:15 AM   #1

Sheet vinyl flooring

We have a 2012 Crusader 355BHQ with carpet in the bunk room, stairs, and bedroom. There is a brown block tile pattern sheet vinyl in the living room area. The vinyl is in pretty good shape and we are thinking about replacing some of the carpet with the same vinyl. I have had some correspondence with PT customer care who has told me that that material is still available but that I have to purchase it through a dealer. I don't like the dealer in the are and it's likely to be ridiculously expensive. PT wouldn't tell me the brand or pattern since the want me to buy it through them.

One option is to take the pictures of the flooring to some local places and see if they recognize it, and can get it. Has anyone here replaced the vinyl and had any success searching for it? Or has someone ripped up the old and noticed the brand or pattern numbers? I am reluctant to replace the carpet in the slides due to the thermal and sound insulation value, be it small, that the carpet has.

Any help with the search would be appreciated.

Yes I know that all or parts could be replaced with a "wood" flooring but that's not the question.

2012 Prime Time Crusader 355BHQ
2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:32 AM   #2

Have you really Looked under the Carpet? Most MFG run the Vinyl "Front to Back" 1 piece! The slides will most likely just be Carpet! Youroo!!

Old 02-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

X2 what youroo said
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Have you really Looked under the Carpet? Most MFG run the Vinyl "Front to Back" 1 piece! The slides will most likely just be Carpet! Youroo!!
I had thought about that from an experience decades ago but haven't looked yet. I'll be back in town next week and have a look see. Thanks for the reminder that might just save some coin and install time. On that note, while it's possible that the bunk room might have the vinyl, I'm not sure about the stairs and BR. Be great though. I did look under the bed and it's carpet but since all the walls and furniture are placed on the finished floors, that's not surprising.

Years ago I need to replace the carpet in an older Wilderness and the carpet was secured with staples. Thousands of staples. I joke someone loaded several 12ga shot shells with staples and fired away. Don't remember if there was vinyl underneath that carpet but there were so many holes that it wasn't usable as a top surface. Hopefully if PT put the carpet over the vinyl they were judicious with the staples.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 02-25-2018, 12:08 PM   #5

I just pulled the carpet out of our living area and put down laminate - leaving the carpet in the slides.

In the kitchen, I pulled out some linoleum to discover dark oak laminate underneath. The factory did not bother trimming the boards and put all the cabinets, stove, etc.. on top of it with no way for me to cut it out under the toe kicks.

I put down adhesive vinyl tiles over that and will need to do some trim work where the new laminate meets up with the new tiles.

There was sheet vinyl under the kitchen laminate and about 18 inches into the living are under the carpet. The rest of the living area was just AC plywood.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
I had thought about that from an experience decades ago but haven't looked yet. I'll be back in town next week and have a look see. Thanks for the reminder that might just save some coin and install time. On that note, while it's possible that the bunk room might have the vinyl, I'm not sure about the stairs and BR. Be great though. I did look under the bed and it's carpet but since all the walls and furniture are placed on the finished floors, that's not surprising.

Years ago I need to replace the carpet in an older Wilderness and the carpet was secured with staples. Thousands of staples. I joke someone loaded several 12ga shot shells with staples and fired away. Don't remember if there was vinyl underneath that carpet but there were so many holes that it wasn't usable as a top surface. Hopefully if PT put the carpet over the vinyl they were judicious with the staples.

When I tore my old carpet up in the main living area, I found that the vinyl flooring ENDED about 1 foot under the carpet leaving just the plywood subfloor. When I re-carpeted my stairs and landing to the bathroom, I found the stair boards were bare but, the landing had vinyl flooring continued from the bathroom. I only re-carpeted up to the bedroom door and put a threshold down so, I'm not sure how far the vinyl flooring goes under the bedroom carpet.

I also re-carpeted one slide (dining) and yes.....hundreds of staples but under the old carpet (no padding by the way) was only a silver reflective sheet material on top of the subfloor. I was more judicious in my use of staples. I am hoping that the better quality carpet I used will "lay" better and not require so many staples. Time will tell & I can always re-stretch and add more if necessary later.....so far so good!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:50 AM   #7

I ordered some vinyl to repair a tear. It was a pain to get information for it. I did use a dealer, and with the vin number, was able to order a piece. I think you can order it 1x1 sq yards the smallest. Was a bit expensive because I had to pay for shipping too

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2013 PT Crusader 295RST TE
GeoArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #8

For the time being we've decided to leave the flooring as is. Got a carpet cleaner and it cleaned up real good but was it dirty. Got lots of pet hair up from the vacuum and cleaner.

2017 Ram 3500 CC 4WD LB
Old 03-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #9

I pulled up rear bedroom carpet-had vinyl under it, to within 3 feet of rear wall, where they obviously ran out of the vinyl sheet. That was a surprise. Anyway, found stick on 12x12 tiles in close color to use on that area. Not a perfect match but close enough for me.

mellis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, flooring