Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #1

Shower Floor Support

Hey gang,

Looking for a way to possibly get under the shower and support the floor more. I am 6-1 200# and feel like the shower floor is on the flimsy side. Last thing I want is to go through.

Is there a way to access under the shower and use either spray foam or manufacture a support to brace?

I really don't want to pull the belly off of the camper to access under the shower. Maybe disconnect the heat vent that comes out from under the shower and spray foam in the cavity then reattach the vent/pipe.

I haven't really looked to see if I can access it at all. Mostly due to it being a bazillion degrees Sunday and having a massive case of the bottle flu from a cook out Saturday. Maybe once the rain passes, I can get out sometime at the end of the week or even Saturday.

I have the Lacrosse 3211RK. 30x40 shower w/ seat.

Steve and Stacy
sfelber9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #2

Expanding foam is not the way to go. If you ever need to do any plumbing repairs in that area you’ll regret it. Their should be an access panel to get to plumbing for shower drain. You can make some bracing to put between floor and shower pan for better support.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

I don't have a Sabre, but shower should have an access panel in front bottom. I only used mine once, and it flexed. Several threads on beefing up; one I remember was using spray foam inside garbage bag under shower so foam didn't get around all the lines and drains. Several people also beefed up with wood. You may need to see how yours is laid out underneath before deciding.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #4

2.5'' pvc pipe works very well. Remove your shower access panel and cut some pieces to wedge between the bottom of shower and the main floor. They won't move once done, and makes the shower solid as it should be.
Prodigy P3 brake controller
Redmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, show, shower