Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #11

I had the same issue as a lot of you have mentioned & I was going to silicone caulk the track - thinking water was leaking around the metal frame onto the bathroom floor. I discussed the problem with the service manager at my dealer. He immediately pulled the faucet off of the wall, unscrewed the water supply pipes from the back of the faucet and applied teflon tape to the pipe threads and screwed everything back together. In addition, he applied silicone caulk to the back of the faucet plate and reinstalled.

The service manager mentioned that he was seeing a lot of these phantom water leaks & you might not see the water on the floor any longer by caulking the metal frame or the tub perimeter; however, the problem has not been solved & moisture mildew will happen behind the shower.

It was really simple to remove the faucet & make this repair. When he pulled the faucet plate off, it was noticeable that the pipe threads were wet and this was the cause of the water leak on the bathroom floor.

My 2 cents - might be worth looking into.

Cummings Onan 5500 generator
Hitch - Husky 26K slider
Winegard SK 3005 dish
UT Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #12

Did he take the faucet off or the shower head? I will definetly look tommarrow. Thanks

Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Cardinal View Post
I had the same issue as a lot of you have mentioned & I was going silicone caulk the track - thinking water was leaking around the metal frame onto the bathroom floor. I discussed the problem with the service manager at my dealer. He immediately pulled the faucet off of the wall, unscrewed the water supply pipes from the faucet and applied teflon tape to the pipe threads and screwed everything back together. In addition, he applied silicone caulk to the back of the faucet plate and reinstalled.

The service manager mentioned that he was seeing a lot of these phantom water leaks & you might not see the water on the floor any longer by caulking the metal frame or the tub perimeter; however, the problem has not been solved & moisture mildew will happen behind the shower.

It was really simple to remove the faucet & make this repair. When he pulled the faucet plate off, it was noticeable that the pipe threads were wet and this was the cause of the water leak on the bathroom floor.

My 2 cents - might be worth looking into.
Good idea, I had the same problem on two previous RV's. To confirm the track problem use a dry paper towel edge to the gap under the track. If it wicks through, you know the problem is the track. Mine was sealed, just not a continuous bead.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #14

He removed the faucet - where the hot & cold knobs are located.
Cummings Onan 5500 generator
Hitch - Husky 26K slider
Winegard SK 3005 dish
UT Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU

Good idea, I had the same problem on two previous RV's. To confirm the track problem use a dry paper towel edge to the gap under the track. If it wicks through, you know the problem is the track. Mine was sealed, just not a continuous bead.
Update, the sealant failed miserably this morning. Total lack failure of adhesion. Goinf back to silicon maybe w/ tape!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #16

Tested mine last night, success. But mine is more like a home style shower
Old 06-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #17

On my 325RES I found the leak to be at the ends of the door track...there is about a 1/4" of the bottom track that is too short leaving a very small gap. A small dab of caulk stopped my leaks.

Mark, KB9OPW
Deb, KC9SCA
markndeb is offline   Reply With Quote