Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #1

shower leaks

Just got back from first outing had some issues with the new 325 RES. Firtst the RCA sound bar will play DVD, but you can't hear the people talking, you can hear the background sounds that's it. Tried all the advice on here, still not working right. Second took shower last night and when i got out I looked down at floor hopeing not to see water but oh there it was, water behind toilet. Traced it to the bottom rail not being caulked all the way. I will run a bead of silicone on the inside and out. I will stop at each weap hole on the inside. It looks like it is suppose to be siliconed from the bottom and someone at the factory got tired and stopped about 18" from the edge. Luckily it was me taking the shower and not the kids or wife, they really don't check things out when getting out. I then thought to myself, for what we pay for these rigs we should'nt have to keep calling dealer or Prime Time. I feel like Roger is allready getting tired of hearing my name. I do appreciate PT quick reponse on my other issues, thanks Roger. Does anyone see any issues with me using silicone on the inside and out? LEt me know got a fan on the site right now. Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #2

I just battled a leak in the corner of my curved shower enclosure. It took 3 tries but I finally found the leak and sealed it up. Silicone tub & tile stuff should be just fine as long as it doesn't harden or let mildew grow. I used a marine sealant that cleans up with mineral spirits. It forms a nice clear , rubbery blob in about 10 hrs , cures in 24 and can be used to seal a gap 1/2' wide. I picked it up at NAPA. Shower leaks can be pesky as hell. I'd seal an area, use a watering can to soak the area starting at the bottom and working my way up the corner wall panel until water streamed out from under the track. Sealing that panel solved my problem. Good luck!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #3

Yesterday I sealed the door track on the inside. After tonight's shower water again on the floor. When you press on the track water comes out from under and drips on the floor. Next will be to seal the outside. Anybody that has success, let us know what is the secret.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
Yesterday I sealed the door track on the inside. After tonight's shower water again on the floor. When you press on the track water comes out from under and drips on the floor. Next will be to seal the outside. Anybody that has success, let us know what is the secret.
Same issue of water under track. I picked up some big name sealant, adhesive dries in 24 hours hoping it will stick better to aluminum and plastic than straight silicon will. I know silicon will roll up and not hold if conditions aren't perfect for adhesion. Will advise.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
Commercial Member

FYI - We apologize for the leaks and want to help. However, we do not recommend sealing the BOTTOM tracks. Your pan has a water dam on the perimeter and we want any water that might be captured by the dam to have free access under the track back into the pan. Typically a water leak occurs from a seal void on the uprights or where the glass goes into the frame. Much of this water is typically redirected back into the pan with this design.

Water on the floor could also result from a leaking drain system rather then the glass enclosure.

Sounds like you're working with Roger for assistance. He'll work hard to help you get it fixed.

PTM
RV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #6

Clear Silicone around the base of the shower will help. Had 2 units before this and they all leaked water on the floor from the shower until I applied silicone. Go with the clear as you can barely see it when it fully cures.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #7

RV guy, if we don't seal the bottom there is nothing going to stop the water. There is a lip but the track is on top of that. Just called Roger to see what Prime Time is suggesting. Even after having a fan blowing on track for 4-5 hours still had water under track. I think I'm with the others that this shouldn't occur. Now waiting on solution , I think it will be silicone.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #8

Update on shower leaking

Well on the way to dealer PT called and I talked to Dan, very nice guy. Told him about my issues including the leaking shower, I told him I was going to silicone the inside and outside without covering the wep holes. Dan told me that they had some issues with some of the units leaving with out being siliconed. When I was at dealer I went into 4 units with the same shower that I have and everyone was not siliconed. I could litterly lift the track and doors up, no way water will stay in.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
Well on the way to dealer PT called and I talked to Dan, very nice guy. Told him about my issues including the leaking shower, I told him I was going to silicone the inside and outside without covering the wep holes. Dan told me that they had some issues with some of the units leaving with out being siliconed. When I was at dealer I went into 4 units with the same shower that I have and everyone was not siliconed. I could litterly lift the track and doors up, no way water will stay in.
As I wrote a few days ago, I used a sealant from Lowes. Made by Loktite, is a sealat "adhesive" I put a small bead I the bad area, it stayed white for hours and then turned clear. After 24 hours cure time and three showers later, it worked! No more drooling
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #10

Thanks for the heads up on the locktite
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #11

I had the same issue as a lot of you have mentioned & I was going to silicone caulk the track - thinking water was leaking around the metal frame onto the bathroom floor. I discussed the problem with the service manager at my dealer. He immediately pulled the faucet off of the wall, unscrewed the water supply pipes from the back of the faucet and applied teflon tape to the pipe threads and screwed everything back together. In addition, he applied silicone caulk to the back of the faucet plate and reinstalled.

The service manager mentioned that he was seeing a lot of these phantom water leaks & you might not see the water on the floor any longer by caulking the metal frame or the tub perimeter; however, the problem has not been solved & moisture mildew will happen behind the shower.

It was really simple to remove the faucet & make this repair. When he pulled the faucet plate off, it was noticeable that the pipe threads were wet and this was the cause of the water leak on the bathroom floor.

My 2 cents - might be worth looking into.
Cummings Onan 5500 generator
Hitch - Husky 26K slider
Winegard SK 3005 dish
UT Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #12

Did he take the faucet off or the shower head? I will definetly look tommarrow. Thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Cardinal View Post
I had the same issue as a lot of you have mentioned & I was going silicone caulk the track - thinking water was leaking around the metal frame onto the bathroom floor. I discussed the problem with the service manager at my dealer. He immediately pulled the faucet off of the wall, unscrewed the water supply pipes from the faucet and applied teflon tape to the pipe threads and screwed everything back together. In addition, he applied silicone caulk to the back of the faucet plate and reinstalled.

The service manager mentioned that he was seeing a lot of these phantom water leaks & you might not see the water on the floor any longer by caulking the metal frame or the tub perimeter; however, the problem has not been solved & moisture mildew will happen behind the shower.

It was really simple to remove the faucet & make this repair. When he pulled the faucet plate off, it was noticeable that the pipe threads were wet and this was the cause of the water leak on the bathroom floor.

My 2 cents - might be worth looking into.
Good idea, I had the same problem on two previous RV's. To confirm the track problem use a dry paper towel edge to the gap under the track. If it wicks through, you know the problem is the track. Mine was sealed, just not a continuous bead.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #14

He removed the faucet - where the hot & cold knobs are located.
Cummings Onan 5500 generator
Hitch - Husky 26K slider
Winegard SK 3005 dish
UT Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU

Good idea, I had the same problem on two previous RV's. To confirm the track problem use a dry paper towel edge to the gap under the track. If it wicks through, you know the problem is the track. Mine was sealed, just not a continuous bead.
Update, the sealant failed miserably this morning. Total lack failure of adhesion. Goinf back to silicon maybe w/ tape!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #16

Tested mine last night, success. But mine is more like a home style shower
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #17

On my 325RES I found the leak to be at the ends of the door track...there is about a 1/4" of the bottom track that is too short leaving a very small gap. A small dab of caulk stopped my leaks.
Mark, KB9OPW
Deb, KC9SCA
markndeb is offline   Reply With Quote