Old 09-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to JoeyO
We have a 2012 Tracer 3150bhd with the Exec package, it only has the 13k btu a/c, we had this in the open field (zero shade) with upper 90's and zero breeze and it was good to go. We did not keep it on while we were out and about b/c that really doesn't keep things efficient. But when we returned, cranking it up provided relief in a short bit of time. I do agree that the 8' cf fridge struggles with the excess heat. We bought a fridge stat and watch it hover at 45 on hot days. Not a big fan on the sliding wand fridge thermostat as it sometimes gets bumped and the temps rise as a result - usually this is child related, hunting down snacks etc.

I'm courious about the added fans for the coils. Could that really help?

2011 Expedition 5.4L 4x4 Limited
2012 Tracer 3150BHD Touring Edition
Semper Fi
JoeyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
We have a 2012 Tracer 3150bhd with the Exec package, it only has the 13k btu a/c, we had this in the open field (zero shade) with upper 90's and zero breeze and it was good to go. We did not keep it on while we were out and about b/c that really doesn't keep things efficient. But when we returned, cranking it up provided relief in a short bit of time. I do agree that the 8' cf fridge struggles with the excess heat. We bought a fridge stat and watch it hover at 45 on hot days. Not a big fan on the sliding wand fridge thermostat as it sometimes gets bumped and the temps rise as a result - usually this is child related, hunting down snacks etc.

I'm courious about the added fans for the coils. Could that really help?
Your definition of comfortable must vary greatly from mine. Given the circumstances you describe, with a 13.5 running all day you'd be lucky to keep it below 80. At least that's been my experience(and other family members) and most others from what I'm reading.